Were we really that bad?

johnjl

I mean our strikers were rank rotten but I thought we were probably the slightly better side over ninety minutes and were unlucky not to get a win never mind a draw.

The only other major criticism I would have is that we had no threat down the right hand side.

I mean our strikers were rank rotten but I thought we were probably the slightly better side over ninety minutes and were unlucky not to get a win never mind a draw.

The only other major criticism I would have is that we had no threat down the right hand side.

I will get pelters for this, but apart from the result there was more positives than negatives from the game!

We were beaten by a fairly mediocre United who played better than us so in answer to your question...YES.

CavySlaveJambo

I will get pelters for this, but apart from the result there was more positives than negatives from the game!

I have to agree to the only bad thing was the failure to get the ball over line between the goalposts.

Juan Rom?n Riquelme

We were dreadful. Looked toothless, not one bit of decent creative play from anyone on the park apart from Grainger when he put a few nice balls in. However, it's only one shite game, bit of an over reaction on here to a bad day at the office, as usual.

the match stats tend to bear out what you say & for what its worth i agree. the final ball and finishing seem to be where we are weak at the moment.

It was pretty poor but not as terrible as some may say.

Just lacked a bit of cutting edge.

Not a new thing for a team coming back from a midweek away Euro game not to perform in their next game though.

We were dreadful. Looked toothless, not one bit of decent creative play from anyone on the park apart from Grainger when he put a few nice balls in. However, it's only one shite game, bit of an over reaction on here to a bad day at the office, as usual.

Not really though. Elliott had at least two chances one of them a sort of deflection from a zal shot. We created enough chances to win the match. Elliott missed another chance as did sutton, who also failed to connect a couple of times when I felt he should have.

Toothless? From our strikers I agree. I think Elliott and sutton let their team mates down badly today.

Harry Palmer

Of course we were and it's the same pish after every defeat....

I suggest a knee-jerk super thread so that there is no longer multiple GTF/Shite/Pish threads clogging up the Terrace which makes it unbearable.

We lost, get over it. I'm already looking to Thursday. :thumbsup:

Vlad-Stupid

I suggest a knee-jerk super thread so that there is no longer multiple GTF/Shite/Pish threads clogging up the Terrace which makes it unbearable.

No Arnie, we need at least 2 threads for each player. It is also a requirement that these threads be full of moaning faced fuds

I'm over it

I'm not really I'm ******* gutted.

Correct.

And the lack of a righ sided mid left Ryam McG totally exposed time and time again.

Impressed by Kello, Grainger and Obua. The rest were different shades of Meh with the exception of Elliott who was shit today.

My lasting memory of the second hald was when Jonsson was in possession near half way, looked up and floated a high ball up towards Elliott who had Kenneth beside him !! Total lack of intelligence

Utd did what they had to.Just bad finishing from us,bad day at the office,nothing more.

Wee Flood played well today which brings me to my "Shout of the Day".

After wee Flood turned to the fans after the goal someone shouted..."Aye.....just wait till the sun comes oot,Flood"!

:thumbsup: Top marks to you sir whoever you are.

Correct.

And the lack of a righ sided mid left Ryam McG totally exposed time and time again.

Impressed by Kello, Grainger and Obua. The rest were different shades of Meh with the exception of Elliott who was shit today.

My lasting memory of the second hald was when Jonsson was in possession near half way, looked up and floated a high ball up towards Elliott who had Kenneth beside him !! Total lack of intelligence

I agree with all of that. I also think suso would have won us that game today.

Harry Palmer

I'm over it.

I'm not really I'm ******* gutted.

Wasn't aimed at you.

I just refuse to get overly bothered. :thumbsup:

I dont really care about first 11 games theyre shite the tables all messed up still got plenty of games to win FTH !

Nelly Terraces

For half the game, Hearts were cringeworthly clueless. If you didn't see that, then don't bother trying to talk football on here, you utter morons.

Thunderstruck

I agree with all of that. I also think suso would have won us that game today.

I think I agree. Suso's strength (and a frustration) is his unpredictability. I also think that starting with Rudi and giving him an hour would have been a better option; he would have snapped some some of the very good chances created in a good first half up until they scored.

maltese jambo

Thought the start of the game and probably most of the first half was a good advert for scottish football with some nice play from both teams and end to end. No real complaints about the result; they had an answer to everything we threw at them today and quite comfortable in the end if truth be told.

What I am more concerned about is why our goalkeeper was the only one to win a header the whole game in their box, and why we seemed to neglect the fact that hoofing it into their box was not working from start to finish. Also concerned about how slow McGowan is & how poor his passing is but never mind that as light shines out of this guys arse according to all Hearts fans. Would have been nice to see Temps keep it at his feet for a while and run at them; but

For half the game, Hearts were cringeworthly clueless. If you didn't see that, then don't bother trying to talk football on here, you utter morons.

Right up till they scored we were by far the better team. We missed three or four chances that we should have scored. Our strikers both had stinking games but that aside I thought we didn't play too badly. I've seen us play worse and win.

Oh and while your throwing insults around. Dickhead! Is that the kind of thing your after?

We were beaten by a fairly mediocre United who played better than us so in answer to your question...YES.

Do you really think they played better than us?

For the most part, particularly in the 2nd half they hoofed the ball up the park, or in to the stands and tried to catch us on the break. In addition they were time wasting for the majority of the 2nd half.

One moment of slack marking, a great freekick and a excellent volley at the back post apart, I don't think they created that many chances.

I'm not saying we played well, but I think we had enough chances to merit a draw. Our problem is that we are fairly predicatable. The longer we go without a goal the more frustrated we become. We don't seem to have a plan B and we get more aimless as the game drags on.

We need to start taking the game to teams when we play at home. I would much rather lose 3-2, having gone for it, than lose 1-0 with 2 defensive midfielders and a lack of creativity.

Harry Palmer

So after two comfortable performances all our players are shite as soon as they play at Tynie?

Jolly good.

Shakes head in disbelief...

Not really though. Elliott had at least two chances one of them a sort of deflection from a zal shot. We created enough chances to win the match. Elliott missed another chance as did sutton, who also failed to connect a couple of times when I felt he should have.

Toothless? From our strikers I agree. I think Elliott and sutton let their team mates down badly today.

Agree. Strikers were poor. And we did create a number of good opportunities, quite a few balls in from the wings.

But as always, we start to panic and just end up lumping forward with no chance against the likes of Kenneth.

So after two comfortable performances all our players are shite as soon as they play at Tynie?

Jolly good.

Maybe if more fans tried to support and encourage the team, rather than wait for the slightest mistake before hurling a mouthful of abuse then our players may have more confidence when playing at home.

"Fortress Tynecastle" seems to be overrun with kneejerkers and boo boys these days, I think 2005/6 made a lot of fans forget the level we tend to compete at and instead they think we have a god given right to win games.

I know football is all about opinions and yes "the fans pay the money, so they are entitled to voice their opinion", however I think many have forgotten the definition of a supporter: A person who approves of and encourages someone or something

aberhill jambo

Positives Can you explain them to me Striker Elliot a few missed chances Sutton woeful midfield no positives defence Kello Grainger OK the rest Crap Dundee Utd were the only team that wanted to win today.

No, we were not.

We started really well and were threatening them regularly. Unfortunately our best chances fell to Elliott who proceeded to ****** them up. They got a free header when Zaliukas gave Daly a five to ten yard start (just watched it again on Sky) and we lost our way from there.

Not sure if this is the place to put it, and I will put it here and probably other places as well, but I thought the young number 20, Allan for United was excellent.

jamboinglasgow

For all those calling Dundee United crap, I thought they were a very well organised side who set up get the goal then in the second half remained strong to stop us, a team to be able to do that needs to be good. We just lacked the final ball to finish our plays.

We were looking good up until their goal went in. As soon as it did, our heads went down and we lost all control on the game.

For the most part, particularly in the 2nd half they hoofed the ball up the park, or in to the stands and tried to catch us on the break. In addition they were time wasting for the majority of the 2nd half.

One moment of slack marking, a great freekick and a excellent volley at the back post apart, I don't think they created that many chances.

I'm not saying we played well, but I think we had enough chances to merit a draw. Our problem is that we are fairly predicatable. The longer we go without a goal the more frustrated we become. We don't seem to have a plan B and we get more aimless as the game drags on.

We need to start taking the game to teams when we play at home. I would much rather lose 3-2, having gone for it, than lose 1-0 with 2 defensive midfielders and a lack of creativity.

Better of two mediocre teams, especially after they scored. They played to their strengths and unfortunately so did we. I never saw us getting an equaliser let alone going on to win.

gowestjambo

1 win in 14 league games suggests we are actually that bad!

Little improvement from end of last season.

Others suggest the Strikers are the problem, (and they were rank today)

Midfield is where all the problems lie. Too many defensive midfielders, no support to pick up second balls, and Templeton the only attacking option.

Defensively to leave their main striker totally unmarked at a set piece is woeful.

Positive Grainger at left back.

Disappointed with McGowan, Eggy, Zaliukas, and what I was led to believe was a rejuvenated Obua.

Out thought by a Dundee United team who looked well organised, despite losing their main players.

And JJ's subs, left too late and brought on midfielders to replace strikers?

What does Scott Robinson have to do to get into this team?

Early optimism for this season has already started to wane......

in the first three games this season we have seen a team that can keep the ball and knock it about well and create some good chances, but can't stick it the net

Creepy Lurker

We were poor, but we've played worse than that and won. Disappointing performance, but Kickback is as always overreacting.

Only a Game

Jolly good.

No they're not shite and thats the only good thing to take from today. Some of them actually played okay in the circumstances. Obua for example. I'm not convinced he was properly briefed as to what he was meant to be doing, but his energy levels and competitiveness have soared during the close season and thats making a lot of difference for him. He was isolated a lot of the time though with no forward pass on a lot of the time. I thought Grainger was pretty good and the Zal bombscare for the goal apart, we actually didnt give up many chances and we were okay at the back.

The midfield was simply wrong though. Black started wide right but drifted in all the time and left McGowan with a too big a job on his hands getting up and down. Templeton never beat Watson all day and should have been switched wings or hooked altogther.

Sutton and Elliott were mince today but neither of them are shite players. They'll both have better days. My only criticism of both of them would be to question the work rate and letting their heads go down.

Mrowiec, frankly he's way too limited and we had 4, YES 4, better midfield options than him sitting on the bench. Worse than the midfield being wrong for me was that it was bleeding obvious from very early on that it was wrong and he didnt change it until way too late in the game. He's a shite player full stop.

Okay, a bad day at the office, particularly for the manager IMO. But we'll let this one go and hope its a one off and hope the lessons have been learned.

Roll on Thursday

Harry Palmer

Well a quick look elsewhere suggests otherwise OAG.

I too am looking forward to Thursday. :)

After watching the highlights on Sportscene I noticed that Ryan McGowan? was meant to be on the post that Jon Daly scored into. I'm not saying that he would or should have saved it, but I don't understand why he wanders a yard off the post he's meant to be standing beside. If he had stayed still he might have had a chance of intercepting it. It's silly things like that that can cost us games.

My only minor consolation is that England had another fantastic day against India.

They never used to have any strikers either now they've got a whole team of them, Strauss, Cook, Bell, Petersen, Broad etc.

Can't we get just one? I know we've got Kyle but a lot of use that is.

Have to agree with all of this.

The first half would have been a good advert for the game but once they got their goal they were content to sit in their own half and try and pick us off on the break.

Our tactics let us down today and it took the bench far too long to rectify it. We really seem to lack a plan B, when really there should be at least a plan B and C. David Obua was excellent behind the striker against Rangers and yet was dropped back to defensive midfield (alongside two others!!) to accommodate Stephen Elliott.

Looking at our bench before the match it is clear we have options so it's frustrating when they're not used until it's pretty much last chance saloon. There's nothing wrong with changing something that's not working at half time but I don't think JJ will ever see do that, not regularly anyway.

Our main problem, as appears to be our problem of choice, is lacking an obvious goalscoring threat.

I thought we were ok today. A couple of chances that fell for Elliott and Sutton were the result of some nice play down the left and we also caused them some other problems down this side. We lost a really sloppy goal and the corner it came from was also the result of some sloppy play other than that we were rarely troubled. Second half we should have been looking to what Rangers did to us last week, come out all guns blazing, but Utd changed the system and became very stuffy. With our pitch being quite small this makes it more difficult to break teams down. Sure its a poor result but no need for panic, just some more work to be done is all. Get a good result Thursday then try and kick on from there.

After watching the highlights on Sportscene I noticed that Ryan McGowan? was meant to be on the post that Jon Daly scored into. I'm not saying that he would or should have saved it, but I don't understand why he wanders a yard off the post he's meant to be standing beside. If he had stayed still he might have had a chance of intercepting it. It's silly things like that that can cost us games.

If John Daly hadn't been given a free header from a corner kick Ryan McGowan's positioning would have been irrelevant.

If John Daly hadn't been given a free header from a corner kick Ryan McGowan's positioning would have been irrelevant.

Correct. But he was given a free header, so his positioning was relevant. He really should have got closer to the ball. A catalogue of errors, you could say.

Archived