Match ratings v Utd

Gambo

Cant see one started so here goes.

Kello 7 Great save and did nothing wrong.

McGowan 6 Did okay but reluctant at times to run forward

Zaliukas 6 Some real hot and cold from him toady

Jonsson 6 As Zal

Grainger 7 Played well

Mroweic 7 Best of a cautiious midfield, unlucky to be hooked as he was doing the holding job well.

Black 3 Only intersted in kicking or being kicked, with Mroweic doing the holding job, he shoukld be looking to contribute a lot more.

Obua 4 Cant remember him getting or trying to get involved at all

Templeton 4 A day when it did not come of for him, good shot though.

Sutton 5 Will it happen for him in a Hearts top?

Elliott 5 Tried hard, but should do better with strikes on goal.

Skacel 6 Looks the part

Novikovas 6 Got some crosses in.

Stevenson 4 Is a trier

We have a squad imo but do we have a manager who can make them tick????

Mroweic/Black/Obua as holding midfielders will not work at home imo. Skacel and Robinson were on the bench who can offer ten times the commitment / attitude / drive of Black/Obua....................and why take off two centre forwards and throw on Stevenson(midfielder) when we are one down when we have a centre forward (Smith) on the bench?

Cant see one started so here goes.

Kello 7 Great save and did nothing wrong.

McGowan 6 Did okay but reluctant at times to run forward

Zaliukas 6 Some real hot and cold from him toady

Jonsson 6 As Zal

Grainger 7 Played well

Mroweic 7 Best of a cautiious midfield, unlucky to be hooked as he was doing the holding job well.

Black 3 Only intersted in kicking or being kicked, with Mroweic doing the holding job, he shoukld be looking to contribute a lot more.

Templeton 4 A day when it did not come of for him, good shot though.

Sutton 5 Will it happen for him in a Hearts top?

Elliott 5 Tried hard, but should do better with strikes on goal.

Skacel 6 Looks the part

Novikovas 6 Got some crosses in.

Stevenson 4 Is a trier

We have a squad imo but do we have a manager who can make them tick????

Mroweic/Black/Obua as holding midfielders will not work at home imo. Skacel and Robinson were on the bench who can offer ten times the commitment / attitude / drive of Black/Obua....................and why take off two centre forwards and throw on Stevenson(midfielder) when we are one down when we have a centre forward (Smith) on the bench?

Very generous

Kello - 7

Mcgowan - 4

Jonsson - 6

Zal - 5

Grainger - 8

Black - 5

Mrowiec - 5

Obua - 6

Temps - 4

Sutton - 4

Elliott - 5

Skacel - 6

Stevo - 6

Novi - 5

Kello - 8

Mcgowan - 6

Jonsson - 7

Zal - 7

Grainger - 9

Black - 6

Mrowiec - 8

Obua - 7

Temps - 6

Sutton - 5

Elliott - 5

Skacel - 6

Stevo - 6

Novi - 6

I'd like someone to tell me what Obua creativley contributed to deserve the above marks? Thought he did well at Ibrox and pre season but was wasted by JJ today.

I'd like someone to tell me what Obua creativley contributed to deserve the above marks? Thought he did well at Ibrox and pre season but was wasted by JJ today.

26 sec in

ToadKiller Dog

Kello - 8 My MOM confident in everything he does and a safe pair of hands

Mcgowan - 6 Did ok would like to see him attack more when forward

Jonsson - 6 ok

Zal - 5 Marked down 3pts for not marking Daley at the goal which was criminal

Grainger - 8 Excellent game still a bit slowish but solid

Mrowiec 7 his solid game should have allowed other mids to make passes instead they went hoof

Black 5 did nothing of note

Obua - 6 next to nothing

Temps - 6 Redundent for most of the game due to our high ball strategy

Sutton - 6 was never going to win against the Arab backs

Elliott - 5 was not close enough to Sutton enough missed a sitter

Skacel - 6 came on tried a leg looked a biit quicker than last season

Stevo - 4 Didnt do much

Novi - 6 Tried to change thinks pulls out to quickly at times .

Kello 7 Would have been worse if not for him

McGowan 4 Fluffed up alot of our attacks down the right, particularly bad when for some reason we stoped playing a right midfielder for 20 minutes

Zal 5 I believe marking Daily was his job, 6 if I'm wrong

Jonsson 6 Meh

Grainger 8 Our best attacking threat, if someone could get on the end of his set pieces then may not have lost

Temps 4 Seemed reluctant to move for the ball

Mroweic 7 Ran past our defence to mop through balls quite often

Black 4 Lost interest after they scored, started kicking their players instead

Obua 6 Passing was good today

Sutton 4 Still yet to see him get into a game

Elliott 3 He tried, I'll give him that

Arvy 6 Did well on his own when No-one supported him

Stevo 5 Didn't have the time

Skacel 6

Do you think JJ told him to do piss all? My guess was he was meant be the creative force in the midfield and get forward, but failed!

Do you think JJ told him to do piss all? My guess was he was meant be the creative force in the midfield and get forward, but failed!

Alright mate. Listening on Hearts.tv it didn't sound as if he had a paticularly good game today.

Alright mate. Listening on Hearts.tv it didn't sound as if he had a paticularly good game today.

I don't think we where that bad today, had chances to score but think the strikers are toiling to take them, Elliott just doesn't seem to have goals in him and Sutton looked a carthorse, hope he improves.

I would have had obua or adriaan off at halftime with another winger, utd were always going to sit back and soakup pressure.

Rudi looks our only real quality!

aberhill jambo

Kello - 8 My MOM confident in everything he does and a safe pair of hands

Mcgowan - 6 Did ok would like to see him attack more when forward

Jonsson - 6 ok

Zal - 5 Marked down 3pts for not marking Daley at the goal which was criminal

Grainger - 8 Excellent game still a bit slowish but solid

Mrowiec 7 his solid game should have allowed other mids to make passes instead they went hoof

Black 5 did nothing of note

Obua - 6 next to nothing

Temps - 6 Redundent for most of the game due to our high ball strategy

Sutton - 6 was never going to win against the Arab backs

Elliott - 5 was not close enough to Sutton enough missed a sitter

Skacel - 6 came on tried a leg looked a biit quicker than last season

Stevo - 4 Didnt do much

Novi - 6 Tried to change thinks pulls out to quickly at times .

Sutton - 6 Your joking he never won anything today did not jump to win a ball never tried a leg an absolute joke.was absolutely rubbish at least elliot got a few shots on goal Sutton did nothing

Kello 7

McGowan 6

Zaliukas 5 Rubbish today, had the cheek to have a go at Grainger at one point

Jonsson 5 Feel sorry for him. He is an average midfielder playing out of position

Grainger 7 Good first half.

Mroweic 6

Black 5 The opposition tried to get to him.

Obua 5 fades in and out.

Templeton 4 Rubbish since December

Sutton 5 Done we was supposed to do, knock balls down for...

Elliott 3 How many did he miss.

Skacel 7 Class. Should have started, although not sure about fitness

Novikovas 5 to lightweight for me

Stevenson 5 By the time he came on we had run out of ideas.

Kello - 7 - what an excellent goalie we have

McGowan - 6 - decent defensively, struggled a bit on the ball

Jonsson - 6 - I like Eggert at centre back, good aggression

Zaliukas - 4 - 2 pieces of awful defending cost the goal, poor passing

Grainger - 7 - looks to be a good acquisition

Black - 5 - out of position but struggled

Mrowiec - 5 - Seve and Allan ran the show against our midfield

Obua - 5 as per Mrowiec; kept the ball but all so pedestrian

Templeton - 5 - nothing coming off for him

Sutton - 4 - seriously one paced today

Elliott - 4 - continues to miss good chances

Skacel - 5 - thought the big hit from the left foot was going in

Novikovas - 4 - struggled to get into the game

Stevenson - 3 - little time but to me looks a better option than Sutton/Elliott as the front striker at this point

Diadora Van Basten

Kello 8 excellent save

mcgowan 4 can't chest a ball

zal 5 awful first half but better in second

jonsson 6 not his best game

grainger 7 decent

black 5 not a right mid

mrowiec 7 very good game whether we needed him from a tactical point of view is another argument

obua 4 can't understand the current love in IMO he is rank

templeton 6 only player that looked capable of breaking down utd defence

elliott 5 does not look fit

Sutton 6 tried hard on very poor service

skacel 6 looked good

novikovas 5 some good play

stevo 1 terrible substitution by jeffries

jeffries 3 will be lucky to make it to Xmas if he persists with obua

rudi must stay

Kello - 6 not to blame for the goal, and made a number of good saves

McGowan - 6 decent defensively but looked nervous going forward

Zaluikas - 5 apparently to blame for the goal, apart from that he was rarely troubled

Jonsson - 6 sound defensively but seemed abit too keen to play the ineffective long-ball

Grainger - 6 not sure about him in defence but he's certainly good attacking wise

Templeton - 6 not sure his performances have dropped, the defenders seem to have worked him out though

Obua - 6 fair play to him, he seems to have an improved attitude in his new position. There are times he needs to speed it up abit though

Mrowiec - 7 MOTM for me, same as he did on Thursday he won everything.

Black - 5 probably not a good enough passer of the ball to play attacking midfield

Sutton - 6 no service

Elliott - 5 tried hard as he always does. But he should have had a few today

Subs

Skacel - 6 yes there are reasons we shouldn't re-sign him, but the guy makes a big difference to the way we play. And you couldn't replace him very easily if he did go

Novikovas - 6 a promising cameo. Although they were knackered

Stevenson - 5 wasn't really in the game

Kello - 7 - one amazing save

McGowan - 5 - hung out to dry by tactics, no midfield support

Grainger - 7 - excellent first half, difficult second

Zaliukas - 4 - one interception, one great pass, everything else calamitous

Jonsson - 6 - I think we should persist with him at centre half

Black - 4 - Mr Angry

Mrowiec - 6 - effective without the ball, useless with it

Obua - 5 - passed from side to side but not creative, disappeared in the 2nd half

Templeton - 5 - one great shot, one good cross, did nothing else right

Elliot - 4 - there to score goals and failed

Sutton - 4 - looks out of his depth and not up for the battle

Skacel - 6 - good cameo, signing him could be the difference between a good and a bad season

Stevenson - 5 - showed the battling qualities Sutton couldn't

Novikovas - 4 - a bit of a weakling

Kello 7 Looked solid enough with a great save. Distribution not always sharp enough.

McGowan 6 Never really "done" but seemed far too tentative. Puzzling following on from a great show last week.

Zaliukas 5 OK in some aspects, good in some and murder in others. Does NOT spread confidence.

Jonsson 5 Hoof. Affected by fear of Zal I reckon but never looked comfortable.

Grainger 7 Good engine and crossing. Best player.

Mroweic 6 Industrious but very limited in terms of quality. Did not bad.

Black 4 Poor start and got involved in needle too easily. Put him right off any quality of passing he has.

Obua 4 Too much on the edge of things, and wanted too much time on the ball in a busy midfield.

Templeton 4 Not operating with any confidence, which seems to be the major part of his game. At least kept trying.

Sutton 5 Too early to write off but not inspiring. Needs to try harder but also needs to be used better.

Elliott 5 Poor quality finishing. Could have had a couple and i'd have been saying 8.

Skacel 6 Gave the team a lift, but didn't have enough time to pull it off.

Novikovas 5 Decent skill but too intent on beating more players than was required to get a cross in.

Stevenson 4 Tries hard, but no real quality. And the dive at the end........

Maybe you should first explain your own mark for the man who cost us the goal.

Kello - 8 one world class save in the first half, nothing wrong.

McGowan - 6 looks to have potential to make the position his own

Eggart - 4 totally predictable, every pass is an adventure

Zal - 4 how many goals can one guy be responsible for without being dropped, never mind retain the captaincy.

Grainger - 7 looks like a good full back with the added bonus of having good delivery, and linked well going forward.

Black - 4 everything I don't like in a footballer, arogant, petty, thinks he's better than he is, bad attitude.

Moroweic - 3 simply an awful footballer with zero creation at all. Surely we deserve better than watching this guy, especially at home.

Obua - 4 one of his best games for us.

Temps - 5 not his best game by any stretch, but he's still the only guy in the starting 11 that United had to worry about.

Elliott - 2 if he hadn't scored two at Easter Road he'd be a boo boy by now, a truly horrible performance.

Sutton - Is he the most immobile forward in the SPL?

Manager - 1 simply woeful performance. First of all he sets up with a midfield where apart from Temps every single one wants to go across the park not forward. He shuffles the team after it's blatently obvious we'll never score in a month of Sundays and does absolutely nothing (yet again) to sort out the Midfield. Why not put Rudi on instead of Moroweic and put Temps into the hole behind Sutton/Stevenson, why not put on Robinson instead of Black?

Unfortunately, just exactly as we had last season, if the opposition stop Temps we have no other source of inspiration. Every move is laboured, slow and obvious. To start again this season with no attacking midfielder, a box to box type of player (which isn't Taouil) is nothing short of criminal. Stop Temps and we create nothing other than set pieces.

The Jim Jefferies who came to the club in the early 90's wouldn't put up with the type of player or hunger from players that he's tolerating now. Guys like; Zaliukas, Black, Obua, Moroweic, Jonnson & Elliott would have been hunted long before now. That's my real worry...............the manager's too comfy.

Creepy Lurker

Kello - 7 - a few good saves and no chance with the goal

Grainger - 7 - decent performance

Zaliukas - 5 - cost us the goal

Jonsson - 6 - not terrible

McGowan - 5 - poor

Templeton - 5 - rarely in the game

Obua - 7 - solid performance

Mrowiec - 5 - a few good interceptions, but limitations all too obvious

Black - 4 - hopeless

Elliot - 5 - gets into good positions, but wasteful with his finishing

Sutton - 5 - rarely involved

That's my real worry...............the manager's too comfy.

The manager is controlled by Vlad. I have repeated this since he was brought back.

Maybe you should first explain your own mark for the man who cost us the goal.

Defenders will always be blamed for loss of goals, he lost his man but also defensively the ball was allowed to get to daly unchallenged, the whole team have to have a look at themselves,

Zal made plenty of fk ups today, hence his mark, but at least he tried to make things happen for us, more than can be said for Black and Obua, two players who should have been taking control.

A lot of the defenders missplaced passes were due to Black/Obua not making themselves available. This is probably down to the way JJ asked them to play tbh.

JJ has fkb up at Ibrox (not bringing on like for like when on top and Temps injured), fkd up by being very cautious in Hungary when after ten mins it was obvious they were not up to much, then today he decided at home to go with 3 holding players whilst having Skacel/Robinson on bench, and also subbing two forwards with midfielders when Smith is available.

We have a squad, do we have a manager to get the best out of them, 1 win in 14?

Kello - 6 - Fantastic stop before goal, distribution was questionable in 2nd half

McGowan - 5 - Tried hard, look uncomfortable on the ball but hung out to dry by poor tactics and no right midfield

Zali - 4 - Turned off too many times. Did try to drive forward but became too predictable with passes

Eggert - 6 - Played well enough, tackled well but too many pointless long balls humped forward in hope

Grainger - 7 - MOM, got forward and got some good balls in. Got wreckless towards the end with persistant fouls

Black - 3 - Took a few sore ones but was supposed to be right midfield and was never there. Spent too long trying to foul Utd players

Mroweic - 4 - Few good tackles but void of ideas and ability. As with every player in maroon lost the physical battle

Obua - 6 - Tried to get the ball when it wasnt hoofed past him, but wanted too many touches and cannot jump for peanuts

Templeton - 4 - Wasnt at the races, too predictable and should have been hooked at 1/2 time

Sutton - 5 - Never gambled, might get out of the Utd defenses back pocket sometime tonight. Will warm the bench when Kyle is back.

Elliot - 5 - Just didnt happen for him today, alot of huff and puff but lacks clinical finishing

Rudi - 5 - Should have replaced Templeton at 1/2 time, had one good shot just wide

Novi - 5 - Direct running caused problems, needs more game time

Stevenson - 4 - Ran around and tried to make his presence felt, not enough time and never strong enough to bother Kenneth

Jefferies - 3 - Took far too long to make the changes and when he did they were the wrong ones. Why oh why does he play so many players out of position to accommodate one or two guys!!??? Might want to explain to players that it is pointless to play hoofball against Utds backline, who mopped up with ease everything punted up to them. Needs to change the tactical dependency of the wingers and get someone who can play the box to box central midfield role. Far to predictable these days.

Toxteth O'Grady

Kello - 8 Saved our skin a few times, not at fault for the goal.

McGowan - 6 OK defensively but needs to do more going forward. Not his natuaral position.

Zaluikas - 2 didn't pick up his man for the goal and slow and rubbish passing when he had the ball, he is crap

Jonsson - 5 OK at defending but just lumped a long ball every time he got posession. Not his natural position.

Grainger - 6 not Lee Wallace class but he'll do OK, seemed solid enough.

Templeton - 6 Unlucky not to score but well covered by the Utd defenders mostly.

Obua 5 - Didn't live up to his new superstar midfielder billing, not his worst game but still didn't do much.

Mrowiec - 6 Fought for the cause not the most creative but works hard.

Black - 5 Got caught up in squabbles, wide right not his natural postion.

Sutton - 5 Didn't win anything in the air, target man probably isn't his game.

Elliott - 2 runs about a lot but couldn't hit a coows erse with a banjo. Pathetic excuse for a striker.

Subs

Skacel 7 - Showed more class than the rest put together.

Novikovas 3 - Looked great in the pre match shooting session but nothing much came off for him today.

Stevenson - 6 Couldn't fault his effort, the ball he put across the goal should have been tucked away.

JJ - See bold above and needs to make subs much earler.

KevinKyleJr

Im sorry but i dont think listening to it could give you the full view

I was at the game and we play soundly until united scored

Obua was one of our best players among Grainger and Novi(When he came on he did alot better than temps had done all game)

Captain America

Kello - 8 Great save, could do nothing about the goal.

McGowan - 5 Ok defensively but offered nothing going forward, never looked ready for the pass and when he did he always looked to pass the ball backwards. I understand it is not his natural position, so this is why he gets 5 instead of 4.

Zaluikas - 4 Lost Daly for the goal, too many passes went a stray,needs to be a captain and motivate players more when we go behind.

Jonsson - 5 Did the defending part well but distrubution was awful at times.

Grainger - 6 Good 1st half, seemed to go out game a bit in 2nd half but still one of best outfield performers.

Templeton - 5 Wasn't his day today.

Obua 6 - Tried the passes to the wingers today, looked comfortable on the ball, some things didn't come off for him but he is defo better in that position that out on the wing.

Mrowiec - 6 Fought for the cause not the most creative but works hard.

Black - 2 Got caught up in petty arguments, not his natural postion but offered nothing at right wing

Sutton - 5 Won very few headers,target man isn't his game. Needs better service not always long ball

Elliott - 4 Two bad misses, wasn't his day.

Subs

Skacel 6 - Didn't look his usual self, no real impact.

Novikovas 6 - Tried to go past his man, needs to be brought into game alot early,(IMO he should have started LW with Temps on RW)

Stevenson - 6 Couldn't fault his effort, the ball he put across the goal should have been tucked away.

JJ - Has to start playing players in there proper positions, subs need to be made earlier. Much earlier.

Tynecastle Valhalla

Kello - 8

Mcgowan - 5

Jonsson - 6

Zal - 3

Grainger - 8

Black - 6

Mrowiec - 6

Obua - 6

Temps - 6

Sutton - 3

Elliott - 6

Skacel - 6

Stevo - 6

Novi - 6

lack of guts, spark, urgency, confidence and desire

very dissapointing

We_are_the_Hearts

Kello - 7

Mcgowan - 4

Jonsson - 5

Zal - 4

Grainger - 7

Black - 3

Mrowiec - 3

Obua - 6

Temps - 6

Sutton - 3

Elliott - 5

Skacel - 6

Stevo - 3

Novi - 3

chuckberryno1

Players are being played out of postion when there is no need to.

Black- not a right winger

3 holding mids at home- answers on a postcard

Our strikers are being asked to play a way that they do not like. ( no excues, Elliot has to at least hit target)

We have to good wingers- Novo and temps, and two good penalty box strikers, Sutton in the air and Elliot feeding of scraps.

Instead we play long balls and hope for the best, instead of getting to the byline and crossing the ball.

Sutton is getting torn a new one here, but I bet he wishes he stayed at M'well, at least they can play football at the basic level- byline, cross. simples

We will improve but JJ needs to play to the teams strengths and play players in thier postion, or players will not perform

Kello 7

McGowan 6

Zaliukas 6

Jonsson 6

Grainger 8

Mroweic 7

Black 6

Obua 6

Templeton 3

Sutton 5

Elliott 4

Kello 8 Couple of good saves.

Mcgowan - 5 Poor going forward

Jonsson - 5 Terrible passing again,caught on the wrong side of his marker a few times again.

Zal - 4 Torrid time from Dailley.

Grainger - 7 Mixed bag crossing wise but good in defence and going forward.

Black - 5 Started okay but faded,begining to annoy me with his petty arguements and stupid fouls.

Mrowiec - 6 Did well,broke up play and tried to drive us on.

Obua - 5 Good start but offered nothing last hour.At least the effort was there though.

Templeton - 5 One great cross and shot nothing else apart from that.

Sutton - 4 Looked like a carthorse

Elliott - 4 Missed some great chances.

Thought the subs all added something with Stevenson showing he may well be our best option up front when Kyle is out.

Players are being played out of postion when there is no need to.

Black- not a right winger

3 holding mids at home- answers on a postcard

Our strikers are being asked to play a way that they do not like. ( no excues, Elliot has to at least hit target)

We have to good wingers- Novo and temps, and two good penalty box strikers, Sutton in the air and Elliot feeding of scraps.

Instead we play long balls and hope for the best, instead of getting to the byline and crossing the ball.

Sutton is getting torn a new one here, but I bet he wishes he stayed at M'well, at least they can play football at the basic level- byline, cross. simples

We will improve but JJ needs to play to the teams strengths and play players in thier postion, or players will not perform

How do the strikers want to play? They have no excuse for Sunday, both were poor. I think we got quite a few good balls in from wide areas, but they failed to make space and when chances fell they both fluffed them.

We only resorted to high balls in the second half when we tired and panicked.

I would say Obua was not meant to be holding, but the attacking midfielder supporting the strikers - but failed!

Black I guess was something they thought would work, but he didn't seem to know where to play! Hopefully never again.

Black - 5 Started okay but faded,begining to annoy me with his petty arguements and stupid fouls.

Dundee United set out to wind Black up based on his reputation. They were repeatedly late on him, hoping he'd get himself sent off. Yesterday's rotund referee offered absolutely no protection and I thought Black deserved credit for not rising to the bait. I know he is the new Michael Stewart in that people on here have made there mind up about the guy already so it doesn't really matter what he does, but IMO he has started the season really quite well.

I also have to say that United's who approach to yesterday's game was pretty snidey. As well as their blatant attempt at winding up Black, there was the issue of time wasting from the outset of the game which, again, the referee did absolutely nothing about.

They are rapidly ascending my list of disliked clubs, a fact which I'm sure will perturb them greatly.

Kello 8 Great save and did nothing wrong.

McGowan 5 Didn't look like the guy who played at Ibrox

Zaliukas 4 fault at the goal and some poor passes

Jonsson 6

Grainger 8 MoM

Mroweic 7 Best of a weak midfield.

Black 3

Templeton 4 missing in action

Sutton 5 no service

Elliott 5 Tried hard, should have scored.

Skacel 6 Looks the part

Novikovas 5 Got some crosses in.

Stevenson 4 Is a trier

Dundee United set out to wind Black up based on his reputation. They were repeatedly late on him, hoping he'd get himself sent off. Yesterday's rotund referee offered absolutely no protection and I thought Black deserved credit for not rising to the bait. I know he is the new Michael Stewart in that people on here have made there mind up about the guy already so it doesn't really matter what he does, but IMO he has started the season really quite well.

I also have to say that United's who approach to yesterday's game was pretty snidey. As well as their blatant attempt at winding up Black, there was the issue of time wasting from the outset of the game which, again, the referee did absolutely nothing about.

They are rapidly ascending my list of disliked clubs, a fact which I'm sure will perturb them greatly.

Agreed.

heartsfc_fan

Kello 8 Great save and did nothing wrong.

McGowan 5 Didn't look like the guy who played at Ibrox

Zaliukas 4 fault at the goal and some poor passes

Jonsson 6

Grainger 8 MoM

Mroweic 7 Best of a weak midfield.

Black 3

Templeton 4 missing in action

Sutton 5 no service

Elliott 5 Tried hard, should have scored.

Skacel 6 Looks the part

Novikovas 5 Got some crosses in.

Stevenson 4 Is a trier

That's probably how I saw it. Maybe a 6 for Mroweic, but he was certainly the best player in our midfield.

Archived