Danny Grainger (merged threads)

Dazo

Has JJ pulled off a master stroke getting this guy ? Although I knew of him I have to admit he never really stuck out when we played against St Johnstone last season. Thought he was great today going forward and defensively.

Very impressed with him today!

Normally its whenever Temps has the ball that I feel confident of something happening. Now... its all about the Grainge!

Probably our best player today. :thumbsup:

Easily our best player today. Looking ahead it appears to be a great piece of business getting him in and money in the bank for Wallace.

Notorious BIG

cant wait to have driver on that left side instead of temps with him, temps is good but not convinced on the left, comes short too often and cuts in all the time, a byline winger is best for him!

Ray Winstone

Looked very impressive today to build on his last 2 performances.

:thumbsup:

Has JJ pulled off a master stroke getting this guy ? Although I knew of him I have to admit he never really stuck out when we played against St Johnstone last season. Thought he was great today going forward and defensively.

Listening to Hearts.tv and it sounded like he had a decent game :thumbsup:

Rand Paul's Ray Bans

The best feeling I get from him is that is seems consistent - should be one of our more dependable players this season.

The Mighty JTs

Lacks a little pace to get to the by line but good delivery. Good corners if someone actually got on the end of them. Not really missing Wallace apart from his driving pace

Auld Reekin'

Grainger did well today and - from what I've seen of him so far - should be a very good addition to the squad.

anybody know why he was getting dogs abuse from the utd fans?

Played for them, and not very well......I think.

anybody know why he was getting dogs abuse from the utd fans?

St johnstone and Utd rivalry I would guess.

Rocky jamboa

Probably our least welcomed new signing, but so far the one who has performed the best IMO.

Exactly what I said today! Two brilliant crosses in first half. Really impressed with him so far. Don't miss Wallace!

St johnstone and Utd rivalry I would guess.

didnt realise it was that intense, there you go :thumbsup:

didnt realise it was that intense, there you go :thumbsup:

Nor did I to be honest but maybe Captain Oates has called it right ?

He was brilliant today.

Looks to be a great signing.

Generally we dont do poor left backs :smuggy:

peebles jambo

Probably our best player today. :thumbsup:

i'd defo go along wi that, had a really good game today, hopefully he'll make us forget whatshisname

He got it tight as a former Dundee United player.

Played well again today, very quickly proving me and others wrong.

More of the same please, Danny.

Probably our least welcomed new signing, but so far the one who has performed the best IMO.

:Agree:

WayneMarooney

Today wasnt great but he was a real

positive for me today. Looks more than a capable replacement for me to Wallace.

Early days but I think we've signed a good player there. I can see him and tempelton striking up a good relationship.

Fingers crossed!!!

Agree - and so do this lot...

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/96687-danny-grainger/

bajthejambo

Zal was our best player today. Strong defensively and he was our only source of creativity. Grainger, while good going forward, lacks in defensive qualities and gets caught out of position far too often.

Zal was our best player today. Strong defensively and he was our only source of creativity. Grainger, while good going forward, lacks in defensive qualities and gets caught out of position far too often.

I assume you are at the wind up,Grainger was our best outfield player by a mile and Zal was his usual bombscare liability self

Weve no even seen Hamill play in the SPL yet he could be as good

Now that Gowser is playing RB, I wonder if Hammil will get a midfield role. As a midfielder, will he like to create scoring opportunities or is he another sitting midfielder?

Alan Johnson

Very good first half, a few good corners and crosses from open play for Elliott and Sutton's chances were different class. However, felt he got a bit wound up in the second half and started putting in a few late challenges once the United fans were on his back and things weren't going our way.

The Treasurer

Now that Gowser is playing RB, I wonder if Hammil will get a midfield role. As a midfielder, will he like to create scoring opportunities or is he another sitting midfielder?

Think Hammil could come in at the expense of Mrowiec rather than McGowan.

McGowan has done well and doesn't deserve to be left out so far.

Mrowiec is good at winning the ball but I think Hammil can do that job equally well but would be a bit more creative when in possesion

I think Grainger is a decent enough left back who has shown a lot of positives so far.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves though. We're awful at building up players just to knock them down.

Last week people wanted McGowan our captain, this wee he's not good enough.

Will it be the same for Grainger next week?

Grainger has played well so far and I hope this continues.

Think Hammil could come in at the expense of Mrowiec rather than McGowan.

McGowan has done well and doesn't deserve to be left out so far.

Mrowiec is good at winning the ball but I think Hammil can do that job equally well but would be a bit more creative when in possesion

This is what I would like to see. If we have to play two holding players it should be Black and Hammil IMO. Both can win the ball and both can offer something going forward. Hammil also looks like he has the engine we have been missing so badly from our midfield.

Back to Grainger - He was great again. I did wonder if he was made to look good at Temps's expense to a degree - Temps was marked out of the game and Grainger got a lot of space down that wing - but he did very well none the less. That chip pass he did down the line was superb, his throw ins are going to be a good weapon, and he hits a really good early cross. His defending has been good too.

Tokyo Drifter

Never really shone against us, but his dead ball skills are pretty formidable and he's getting forward, which is good. I like him.

CUFC OK

Vlad-Stupid

As somebody who thought he was a poor signing during the summer, I'm happy to have been proved wrong. Lee who?

Archived