1 win in 14 SPL games

Paulie Walnut

Paulie Walnut

Quite a statistic and verging on Hibernian form.

What do we need to fix this?

Quite a statistic and verging on Hibernian form.

What do we need to fix this?

Sign two experienced defenders and lose Zaliukas.

Why is it we have a good season then go utter pish the downward spiral starts now should i even say Hibs will beat us dont think i will cos the season we went bad with Csaba we did good against them and made the semi of the leauge cu

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Sack the manager and I'm not joking.

Talk about over-reaction.

Here was me thinking we'd played well in our 1st 2 games as well.

I couldn't make it today, so listened on the radio. From there it sounded as if we had plenty of the game, especially 1st half. The commentary team said it was a good game and both sides played well, with United maybe just edging it, though Hearts were unlucky to be behind at half time.

Is that wildly inaccurate or are people overreacting to a poor result.

Talk about over-reaction.

If it was anyone else, we'd be seriously questioning him - 19th March was our last win in the SPL. Absolutely pish.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

If it was anyone else, we'd be seriously questioning him - 19th March was our last win in the SPL. Absolutely pish.

Yes I agree that it's not acceptable for a club like Hearts but changing the manager won't do us any good. He should have been able to realise that the system we used at the tail end of last season wasn't working without Kyle but he'd been getting the best out of the players for the majority of the season and got us European football.

We started the season with 2 good performances, he got his tactics wrong today but getting rid of him is completely the wrong thing to do.

A draw to rangers at Ibrox, most likely going through in Europe play offs, and have a decent squad.........whats wrong with you people, its game 2 you need time for players like sutton to settle :angry:

yabadabadoo1874again

Zero urgency....the seagulls circling about showed more hunger !!! : ( united ultimately well ahead... score flattered us more !!!

CavySlaveJambo

We started the season with 2 good performances, he got his tactics wrong today but getting rid of him is completely the wrong thing to do.

Actually what started today after the goal went in was the increase in route 1 football/hoofball. We actually dominated the game. We just didn't get the ball across the line.

Paulie Walnut

A draw to rangers at Ibrox, most likely going through in Europe play offs, and have a decent squad.........whats wrong with you people, its game 2 you need time for players like sutton to settle :angry:

Totally agree with you on the above. Not being negative but there is an issue with our league form that needs to be addressed.

Kyle and Sutton'll bang the goals in and everything will be okay. Fire power is clearly what we're missing. The Elliot's are not the answer, but Big Kev and Sutton will destroy the SPL defences this season once fit.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Actually what started today after the goal went in was the increase in route 1 football/hoofball. We actually dominated the game. We just didn't get the ball across the line.

Very fair point. It's the way Jefferies likes his teams to play, we should be used to that by now. Having Sutton as the man we're punting balls up to isn't the way to go about it though. We just need to put this game behind us and hope we improve next week.

The Mighty JTs

Sack the manager and I'm not joking.

It has been going through my mind. As I have heard St Mirren, Motherwell and Killie are all playing good attacking football. You not what they have in common- young managers who are not afraid to go for it. JJ is old skool and set in his ways of the big man upfront and lumping it up to them. I also have to question the training methods as to why so many of our players are getting injured. Also why there is no plan b. If the long ball to Sutton doesnt work then we bring Stevo on and play the long ball. Something has to give.

gowestjambo

I think anyone who starts off with 3 defensive midfielders at home against Dundee Utd needs to get a grip!

With Templeton off form there were no options to attack apart from lumping the ball long. (worse still it took him 70 minutes before realising this was not going to work!)

To make matters worse he took off both strikers (who had been gash all day - but were still surely the best bet to grab a goal)

We then had the laughable situation of them being replaced with midfielders!

Dundee Utd lost 4 key men - but were a much better balanced team, and didnt look weakened in anyway.

Another Apprentice triumph against the supposed master!!

1 win in 14 - I can see this getting worse before it is reversed.

Lol.

We'll piss over the shyter teams.

This was a very good performance from DU in terms of cancelling us out, after the team travelling in Europe. A decent showing in Europe. A point at Ibrox.

Not too concerned at the moment.

Wonder if Vlad thought JJ is past his sell by date or too heavily armoured to sack? We have been dire since January and we got all we deserved against a united team that have lost their best players. No tactical variation, poor team selection and late slightly quirky subs...JJ time and again. Despite our budget and the poverty of Scottish football does anyone think JJ will win anything? If results don't pick up quickly our lack of variety could see Vlad take action and if not there could be more frustrating afternoons.

It has been going through my mind. As I have heard St Mirren, Motherwell and Killie are all playing good attacking football. You not what they have in common- young managers who are not afraid to go for it. JJ is old skool and set in his ways of the big man upfront and lumping it up to them. I also have to question the training methods as to why so many of our players are getting injured. Also why there is no plan b. If the long ball to Sutton doesnt work then we bring Stevo on and play the long ball. Something has to give.

Totally agree. We had the same problem last year, when Mixu out thought JJ with superior tactics.

Archived