Is this a landmark case

JT1959

This country is turning into a dictatorship. Much as I dislike what the guy stands for I would rather we had freedom of speech than see someone get the equivalent of a murder sentence for expressing his opinion. What next - if I tell someone to jump off a cliff I get life for attempting to incite suicide?

This country is turning into a dictatorship. Much as I dislike what the guy stands for I would rather we had freedom of speech than see someone get the equivalent of a murder sentence for expressing his opinion. What next - if I tell someone to jump off a cliff I get life for attempting to incite suicide?

that's not really a good comparison though is it? There's a massive difference between telling someone to jump off a cliff and someone using religious ideology to incite people to actual murder.

freedom of speech doesn't cover shouting "fire" in a crowded theatre because its dangerous. as such it doesn't cover people influencing others to commit crimes, especially murder.

Wow, just wow! :blink:

You can't see a difference between expressing an opinion while living in a democratic society, and encouraging people to murder the democratically elected representatives of that same society?

Please tell me you don't vote! :unsure:

Here's my freedom of speech. That's an idiotic argument.

Archived