Planet Hearts On Sale

standley

Just bought a copy of Planet Hearts new edition in Diggers. Brilliant! Just as good as it used to be with all the old favourites, but a full gloss mag job. Hope they are going to do more than just the one edition. Been told they are also in Dickens and Robertsons and on sale at the match on Sunday.

he's barry, he's radge

AND HE'S there

bought mine tonight in dickens

if you ain't got one then pop in pre match and i will personally sell you one thumbsup.gif

broughies tach

Hopefully Barry Radge is still in it, he was always worth a grin.

I actually think it is the magazines low point. Maybe I just don't get his 'humour' <_<

Anyone want to post me a copy?

You can buy it on ebay. It's ?3.50 + ?1 p+p

?3.50 ? usedto be a pound

aye but that was a paper, this is a wee glossy mag type thing

dickens tomorrow boys.... you know you wanna pop in for a pint and a copy of planet hearts whistling.gif

I'll probably buy it today.

I liked the original run (although the editor/writer wasn't overly keen on constructive criticism on here IIRC) and am hopeful that it it will still be a fun read. ?3.50 is a bit of a jump. Given it was ?1 five years ago, that is a real leap of price. Just compare it to the pint that I will buy alongside it, some say that beer prices keep jumping, and ?3.50 for a pint is quite common. Thinking back, beer has probably went up a pound in five years. However, as Bev states, it could be because they have added loads more to the content and style of magazine. The unfortunate thing, when magazines like FourFourTwo are about a fiver, it is pushing it's expectations up higher.

I look forward to quite a chunky magazine with a lot more content than the old version of Planet Hearts.

broughies tach

I liked the original run (although the editor/writer wasn't overly keen on constructive criticism on here IIRC) and am hopeful that it it will still be a fun read. ?3.50 is a bit of a jump. Given it was ?1 five years ago, that is a real leap of price. Just compare it to the pint that I will buy alongside it, some say that beer prices keep jumping, and ?3.50 for a pint is quite common. Thinking back, beer has probably went up a pound in five years. However, as Bev states, it could be because they have added loads more to the content and style of magazine. The unfortunate thing, when magazines like FourFourTwo are about a fiver, it is pushing it's expectations up higher.

I look forward to quite a chunky magazine with a lot more content than the old version of Planet Hearts.

You will be dissappointed I think. More style than substance for me.

A good few typo's and someone doesn't know Jamie Walker from Temps (the clue is in the Scotland jersey lads !) not what you would expect from a quality production at a preminum price. Some of the articles are just thinly veiled adverts and the 'letter frae China' is poor schoolboy humour probably have been better replacing it with something written by a famous hat kicking supporter

Reading that back it sounds a bit harsh but I always welcome new Hearts ventures and this is no exception and I would buy it if there is another issue.

A good few typo's and someone doesn't know Jamie Walker from Temps (the clue is in the Scotland jersey lads !) not what you would expect from a quality production at a preminum price.

I noted this also.

Don't know why it annoys me but it does.

Makes the publication look amateur.

You will be dissappointed I think. More style than substance for me.

A good few typo's and someone doesn't know Jamie Walker from Temps (the clue is in the Scotland jersey lads !) not what you would expect from a quality production at a preminum price. Some of the articles are just thinly veiled adverts and the 'letter frae China' is poor schoolboy humour probably have been better replacing it with something written by a famous hat kicking supporter

Reading that back it sounds a bit harsh but I always welcome new Hearts ventures and this is no exception and I would buy it if there is another issue.

I hope not BT. Let's be clear, I'll buy it in the pub, fold it once or twice (dependent on size) and it will be squashed in my pocket for two or three hours. When it gets home, it won't be in that great a state and I will not look and admire the style. I just want some Hearts stuff. I would be annoyed if a Hearts publication cannot accurately identify a particular Hearts player. It annoys me when it is the Glasgow press as it shows they care little about us, but a Hearts publication shouldn't get that stuff wrong.

Still, I'll buy it if I see it and judge for myself, as we all will.

On the bit above, does anybody remember the time a poster on here said that one of our young players was too slight and to evidence that put up a picture of a different youngster! :laugh:

I think the player in question was Robinson but cannot remember who the other player in question was. I think I remember the poster but shouldn't say. ;)

Special Agent Dale Cooper

Whilst looking for the present copy on ebay, I stumbled upon this little doozy, which may interest those avid collectors of Jambo memorabilia out there!

27 Planet Hearts issues

Whilst looking for the present copy on ebay, I stumbled upon this little doozy, which may interest those avid collectors of Jambo memorabilia out there!

27 Planet Hearts issues

Bid in. I'm missing Issue 1

if you ain't got one then pop in pre match and i will personally sell you one :thumbsup:

I'm there already Bev :lol::thumbsup:

I'm there already Bev :lol::thumbsup:

Thanks for all the comments on the new mag, guys. We?ll be taking on board everything that?s said ? positive and negative ? and working to ensure that the next issue?s even better than this one.

As for typos, well, we did give the mag a good going-over before going to print, but inevitably some mistakes will always slip through. The mag was put together by a very small production team, this being a trial run to test whether there would be demand for a mag like this. But we all did our best to try to make sure that Planet Hearts would be a quality product that fans would want to buy.

Depending on how sales go, we will then decide whether there are enough people prepared to buy and advertise in Planet Hearts to cover the production and printing costs.

As for the cost: printing and production costs have soared since we were doing Planet Hearts four years ago.

Also, in those days it was printed on much cheaper newsprint while the new magazine is printed on very good quality glossy paper. We feel that ?3.50 is a fair price to ask for it, and we hope fans agree.

There is a digital version available, by the way, and it will be available from the new website at www.planethearts.net which will be launching imminently. You can also order a printed copy which will be posted out the next working day.

In the meantime, it?s fingers crossed with us that Jambos will want to buy the mag and hopefully it will have a long-term future.

I'll be selling it today, from about 1.30, in the Shandon area/top of Robertson Avenue if anyone wants to buy it on the way to the match. Copies also available in Dickens (and you get to meet Bev), the Diggers, Robertsons and the Hearts superstore.

Thanks for all the comments on the new mag, guys. We?ll be taking on board everything that?s said ? positive and negative ? and working to ensure that the next issue?s even better than this one.

As for typos, well, we did give the mag a good going-over before going to print, but inevitably some mistakes will always slip through. The mag was put together by a very small production team, this being a trial run to test whether there would be demand for a mag like this. But we all did our best to try to make sure that Planet Hearts would be a quality product that fans would want to buy.

Depending on how sales go, we will then decide whether there are enough people prepared to buy and advertise in Planet Hearts to cover the production and printing costs.

As for the cost: printing and production costs have soared since we were doing Planet Hearts four years ago.

Also, in those days it was printed on much cheaper newsprint while the new magazine is printed on very good quality glossy paper. We feel that ?3.50 is a fair price to ask for it, and we hope fans agree.

There is a digital version available, by the way, and it will be available from the new website at www.planethearts.net which will be launching imminently. You can also order a printed copy which will be posted out the next working day.

In the meantime, it?s fingers crossed with us that Jambos will want to buy the mag and hopefully it will have a long-term future.

Being serious now cos I'm down in the SW can I buy Planet Hearts online?

davemclaren

I remember your 'constructive' criticism. :rolleyes:

I remember your 'constructive' criticism. :rolleyes:

David, are you suggesting that it wasn't constructive?

davemclaren

David, are you suggesting that it wasn't constructive?

Not all, just very robust constructiveness. :P

Not all, just very robust constructiveness. :P

Probably fair! :laugh:

In all honesty, I remember having a debate with the dude about it but honestly cannot remember exactly what my annoyance was. Whatever it was, it wasn't enough to stop me buying the remainder of the issues so it could not have been that big a thing.

Anyway, on to the new, I am sure it will be an excellent read and well worth the money. If not, I reserve the right to opine! thumbsup.gif

Don't suppose there's a digital edition?

Takes three weeks for the post get to China. :unsure:

Digital version here www.planethearts.net at ?2

Can also order printed, postal copies there.

broughies tach

As for typos, well, we did give the mag a good going-over before going to print, but inevitably some mistakes will always slip through. The mag was put together by a very small production team, this being a trial run to test whether there would be demand for a mag like this.

I take on board what you are saying Gerjambo but good god (see what I did there) did you have Stevie Wonder checking the Dode Foulkes article ? I know there was a get out clause that said it was adapted from an original work so are you trying to blame Lord George (who does not know my father) :whistling:

Could have picked a better picture of Robbo for the cover...

Free pint in Hungary, pity the game is over...

I seen someone selling it in McLeod st, ?3.50 put me off tho. ?2 online will do me...

J Cheever Loophole

Bought my copy in Dickens and I don't know what impressed me most.The magazine,the ale or Bevs fluent French.thumbsup.gif

I take on board what you are saying Gerjambo but good god (see what I did there) did you have Stevie Wonder checking the Dode Foulkes article ? I know there was a get out clause that said it was adapted from an original work so are you trying to blame Lord George (who does not know my father) :whistling:

We gave it a damned good thrashing as we were revising and re-reading it. In fact, by the end there were sparks flying out of the ends of our white sticks.

Just to confirm it's also on sale in Football Nation in Lothian Road, and the Hearts superstore - just delivered more today. :thumbsup:

Archived