Hearts travel to Hungary with optimism

Tenor

Hearts travel to Hungary with optimism

Seems most people feel that Paksi were very lucky to finish where they did last season, and they will REALLY struggle against the talent we have!

To say there are no superstars in their team is an understatement

They will not provide too much of an aerial threat to Marius Zaliukas and Eggart Jonsson.

If he is fit, David Templeton will be a massive player for Hearts as the Paksi rearguard could not deal with the pacey attacks by the Hungarian champions.

Sounds good, lads! :thumbsup:

chester copperpot

The last quote doesnae make sense

/think it's talking about Paksi's last game against Vidoeton.

The last quote doesnae make sense

It means that in Paksi's last game against the Hungarian champions (Videoton), they were not able to deal with their pacey attacks. They got pumped 4-0! So they're saying that they will DEFINITELY not be able to handle Templeton's pacey attacks.

Makes perfect sense to me.

I'm curious as to why Paksi only have Hungarians in their squad.

Are they racist? Or are they just a team that nobody wants to go to?

They beat Tromso 0-3.

We cannot underestimate them.

As a smaller club we've also beaten Bordeaux, Braga, Basle plus given Stuttgart and Mallorca a run for their money.

scottish football teams/fans underestimating lesser known foreign teams = potential disappointment.

i'll underestimate them after we've beaten them.

Buffalo Bill

scottish football teams/fans underestimating lesser known foreign teams = potential disappointment.

Word.

i like the idea of danny grainger wearing 'lee wallace shaped boots'. can't imagine they'd be too aerodynamic though

LeeWallace_2478496.jpg

Vlad-Stupid

/think it's talking about Paksi's last game against Vidoeton.

Ah, should have read the link :lol:

jamboinglasgow

They beat Tromso 0-3.

We cannot underestimate them.

As a smaller club we've also beaten Bordeaux, Braga, Basle plus given Stuttgart and Mallorca a run for their money.

Exactly, we can't underestimate them. That article is terrible as it sounds like a classic "yeah we will beat them easily" then they win type article that the Scottish media are good at.

When I read the topic I thought we had signed a new Russian winger....

:ninja:

They scored 3 away in Norway. Mugs they are not!

Did you see the 3 that they scored? Was actually a joke, the worst 3 goals I've ever seen...scrappy would be as understated as a beatnik in an invisibility cloak.

How bloody pessimistic are you guys? We are favourites for the match, so let's act like it!

Yes smaller, sh*tter teams have won big games before, but we should really be as positive as the players.

If we lose... we lose! But stop being wee lassies, moaning about the fact we MIGHT lose...

we might WIN as well, by the way! You'd think some of you wouldn't know that!

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I wish we were travelling there with a fit Rudi Skacel rather than confidence.

I have a horrible nagging dread about this game... We seem to be missing a lot of quality players for this tie... Really hope that I am wrong though.

Did you see the 3 that they scored? Was actually a joke, the worst 3 goals I've ever seen...scrappy would be as understated as a beatnik in an invisibility cloak.

How can you tell what's under an invisibility cloak?

coatbridgejambo

spot on. i don't like it when we are over confident

Lets just smash these clowns up plain and simple

Gorgie Rules

About time someone talked some sense.

Let's just rip them a new one. Is the birch still legal in Hungary? I want them to be beaten so badly, that the mayor of Paks gives each one of their players, and fans, mind, a public birching on the town square.

I hate them so so much

RoussetsShorts

About time someone talked some sense.

Let's just rip them a new one. Is the birch still legal in Hungary? I want them to be beaten so badly, that the mayor of Paks gives each one of their players, and fans, mind, a public birching on the town square.

I hate them so so much

Indeed, both their team and fans will be wishing they were going home in coffins such is the absolute pumping they are about to receive. I have a superb feeling we are going to skoosh both legs of this tie and then draw a real euro super power . Lazio or Schalke anyone?

Paksi, paksi, who the f&&k are paksi!!!

Indeed, both their team and fans will be wishing they were going home in coffins such is the absolute pumping they are about to receive. I have a superb feeling we are going to skoosh both legs of this tie and then draw a real euro super power . Lazio or Schalke anyone?

Paksi, paksi, who the f&&k are paksi!!!

I think we might well beat them so savagely we'll be disqualified.

And I'd be happy with that, such is my loathing for them.

RoussetsShorts

I think we might well beat them so savagely we'll be disqualified.

And I'd be happy with that, such is my loathing for them.

For me, Paksi are the neil lennon of hungary and for that alone JJ's team are going to pump them out of existance. A 5-0 first leg win followed by a 8-0 at tynecastle will result in paksi being thrown out of football for disservice to the game.

I'm scarily so optimistic for this tie. I genuinely think it will be all over by 2200 tomorrow and we will be looking out opponents for the next round.

maltese jambo

Very poor article. One can argue about a team being lucky over 1 match, 2 matches (2 legs) is clutching at straws, but its ridiculous to suggest they 'punched above their weight by finishing second'. I dont claim to have followed them or even had heard of them before the draw but the whole point of a league season is to determine who is the best over the whole season. If they finished second they are second best. And finishing ahead of Ferencvaros isn't bad in itself either. I'm just hopeing we fire on all cylinders ourselves and don't take anything for granted or be complacent.

Archived