hearts odds on thursday

gghfishman

whats the betting all about,was away over too hills too have a score on the famous,thought we might have been 3/1or4/1 but 13/10 favs dont know how they work that one out,thought a was going too make maself a nice wee earner too :angry:

It's probably because they're not very good.

so were going too stroll it then :thumbsup: mon the hearts

how could we be 4/1??! remember WE are the seede team

maybe wishful thinking :rolleyes: its no often you play away in europe and your favs,maybe have a bet on sutton scoring first or last goal :thumbsup:

Presuming the bookies are right and we get through to the next round.

Are we home or away in the 1st leg ?

Anyone got the dates ?

Have we ever lost to as poor a team as Paksi in Europe?

[/nope and a hope its no the first time :thumbsup:

no. hibs have.

it's always something i claim. we've never been put out of europe by a pish team, unlike most in Scotland. someone may come up with something to disprove that, but in my memory we've never been beaten by anyone we really shouldn't have

The odds for the away win look good, but its hard to say if we are going for the win or the draw (the difference to how we set up on saturday between the 1st and 2nd half was massive)

Although the double on Blackpool tonight and Hearts on Thursday is good odds.

Draw would be on the Friday the 5th.

Matches played on 18th/25th Aug.

Cheers mate

I think as the unseeded team we would be at home on the 18th ??

The Old Tolbooth

how could we be 4/1??! remember WE are the seeded team

So were Hibs when they played Maribor last season :lol:

(and in all of their intertwobob cup ties that they lost as well) :lol:

Has Scottish football ever been as poor as this before?

We got an absolute shafting off of a very average team two years ago.

This tie is absolutely no gimme.

That said, I think we will win over two legs, but not sure we'll win on Thursday night.

Francis Albert

That said, I think we will win over two legs, but not sure we'll win on Thursday night.

Dynamo Zagreb is a European giant compared to Paksi. And I think our absolute shafting was pretty much self-inflicted.

I think Rangers and Celtic's runs to the UEFA cup final in recent years suggests Scotland's health at club level is not that dire - in the last 50 years how many European finals have Scottish clubs contested?

I think we've played in Europe with worse teams than our current one, and while you are right "there are no easy games" Paksi is about as close as you get. will be disappointed if we don't win both legs.

spot on,the warnings are there did not know too much about that team dundee utd were playing last week,but they turned out too be very slick dangerous european team,if we could just grab an away goal there so important at this level.

So were Hibs when they played Maribor last season :lol:

(and in all of their intertwobob cup ties that they lost as well) :lol:

As much as it's funny laughing at Fishermen et al that have knocked them out of Europe, Maribor are a decent side, in fact they won there league last season and are in the Champions League qualifiers though. This should come as a warning that European side's are totally unpredictable.

Saying that there is no danger we will be humiliated as bad as they were last season and I think Zagreb are a much better side to Maribor, lets not compare ourselves with pishy relegation threatened mob's anyway :yucky:

spot on,the warnings are there did not know too much about that team dundee utd were playing last week,but they turned out too be very slick dangerous european team,if we could just grab an away goal there so important at this level.

Did the team Dundee Utd play not come ahead of Lech Poznan in the Polish league? I'm sure they beat Man City in the Europa League last term?

Do The Dance

Did the team Dundee Utd play not come ahead of Lech Poznan in the Polish league? I'm sure they beat Man City in the Europa League last term?

And they did that silly backwards jumping pish.

And they did that silly backwards jumping pish.

That Man City then Celtic copied :ermm:

no. hibs have.

it's always something i claim. we've never been put out of europe by a pish team, unlike most in Scotland. someone may come up with something to disprove that, but in my memory we've never been beaten by anyone we really shouldn't have

I'd argue that we should've beaten Ferencvaros. Hearts' performance that night at Murrayfield was a bad as any I can recall.

whats the betting all about,was away over too hills too have a score on the famous,thought we might have been 3/1or4/1 but 13/10 favs dont know how they work that one out,thought a was going too make maself a nice wee earner too :angry:

How is 13/10 odds on ?? :unsure:

I think Rangers and Celtic's runs to the UEFA cup final in recent years suggests Scotland's health at club level is not that dire - in the last 50 years how many European finals have Scottish clubs contested?

Nine finals winning three of them

Only one Hungarian team has ever contested a European Final

Videoton lost 3-1 on aggeregate to Real Madrid in the 1985 UEFA cup final

They'd had a bit of luck with the draw Real had played Inter in the previous round while Videoton faced former Hearts opponents ?eljezni?ar Sarajevo in the other Semi

That said Videoton had eliminated Manchester United on Penalties in the quarter finals

It's worth noting that in 1985 eliminating Manchester United wasn't as impressive as it will sound to younger readers. Dundee United had very nearly done it in the previous round.

Cheers mate

I think as the unseeded team we would be at home on the 18th ??

Doesn't work like that as far as I'm aware, It just depends on the draw. We were unseeded against Zagreb and played away first.

Doesn't work like that as far as I'm aware, It just depends on the draw. We were unseeded against Zagreb and played away first.

Just better get my passport sorted for the 18th

Trip to glasgow spose

:(

Expensive month for footie

Dynamo Zagreb is a European giant compared to Paksi. And I think our absolute shafting was pretty much self-inflicted.

I think we've played in Europe with worse teams than our current one, and while you are right "there are no easy games" Paksi is about as close as you get. will be disappointed if we don't win both legs.

Celtic had a very good team back then.

Rangers fluked their way there.

Scottish football is in dire straits and it's a rarity for a Scottish side to actually win a European tie.

Guest NeilMorriseyIsAJambo

I'd argue that we should've beaten Ferencvaros. Hearts' performance that night at Murrayfield was a bad as any I can recall.

Dropped PereIra for Graham weir I believe that night? Graham Weir should probably have scored I believe that night? In fact I'll say right now it was probably the wrong team entirely! No McKenna, and dare I say it, no Wyness haha. Hartleys handball, the fact it took, I think, 3 attempts for the boy to score as Gordon produced a double save but couldn't get to the third attempt. Nothing really went well that night to be honest.

Ryan Gosling

Celtic had a very good team back then.

I'd argue that Celtic had a decent team with a world class player who dragged them almost single-handedly through the semi finals and the final.

I'd argue that Celtic had a decent team with a world class player who dragged them almost single-handedly through the semi finals and the final.

I wouldn't particularly disagree with that.

They had one world class striker, but they also had two other very good ones.

Larsson, Sutton & Hartson - compare that to Stokes & Hooper :lol:

They also had a very strong defence, and even players like Didier Agathe were very effective back then.

All in all they had a very good team, one which would win the current SPL at a canter.

The Rangers side that got there were just ridiculously lucky and barely scored a goal throughout the whole tournament.

Archived