Champions League Tonight

JamboSean

What do you all think?

I'm going for a boring 0-0 at Hushburton Grove. Benitez, the fat waiter, has a knack of making 2 legged ties extremely boring and scraping results.

The Mighty Blues to sneak a 1-0. We've only lost 2 goals in this season's Champions League and I can see another clean sheet tonight. Anelka to score.

Had a nice double last night with Man u and Barca with Ronaldo also for 1 st scorer, tonight im doing a double Arsenal + Chelsea also went for Chelsea ht/ft Arsenal v lpool Draw ht/ Arsenal Ft, 1 st scorers in both games Fabergas/Lampard.;)

2-1 Fenerbhace and 2-0 Arsenal.

I think Chelsea will struggle tonight. Turkish teams are very difficult to play against at home and Chelsea were awful against Boro on Sunday.

Carl Spackler

Arsenal 2 - 1 Liverpool 1st leg. Liverpool to scrape through with a 1-0 win in the second leg. High chances the games will be fairly boring unless Arsenal turn it on.

Chelsea will go through.

ps Just turned on Sky 1 for football and it's tennis instead. Some stunners in the crowd and the camera men aren't shy! Might watch that instead if the football is pants!

anyone else got Sky Sports News on and wanting to smack Phil Thomson? (or whatever his name is)

Ryan Gosling
What do you all think?

I'm going for a boring 0-0 at Hushburton Grove. Benitez, the fat waiter, has a knack of making 2 legged ties extremely boring and scraping results.

The Mighty Blues to sneak a 1-0. We've only lost 2 goals in this season's Champions League and I can see another clean sheet tonight.

:laugh:

rudi must stay
Colin Kazim Richards FFS

1-1

amazing eh, not too long ago he was playing in the championship

Too true. Liverpool been very lucky so far. Should have been a penalty for Arsenal.

I have a draw in this game on my coupon, but I would probably be happier if Arsenal got a result to ensure Liverpool went out

Considering some of their players, they don't half play the most coma-inducing football

:laugh:

Tell me about it. I should keep my predictions to myself.

Of all the people to score against us as well, Kazim-Richards.

:sad::sad:

Gutted. A draw would have been an alright result. Letting a 1-0 lead slip is not good enough though.

chester copperpot

Cheeky wee draw again in Europe away from home.

Not pretty but effective. Benitez has the game when it comes to European games, you have to admit that Liverpool fan or not.

Fantastic result tonight, but by no means over, I personally think its a 2-1 victory to Liverpool in the home leg. At the end of the day, Arsenal and Chelsea are absolute sheeeeitebags when it comes to the big games.

2-1 Fenerbhace and 2-0 Arsenal.

I think Chelsea will struggle tonight. Turkish teams are very difficult to play against at home and Chelsea were awful against Boro on Sunday.

?20 on Fener at 4/1.

I'm lovin' it.

After a discussion with a mate (thanks for that!!) i had a huge feeling that the Turks at home were too nice at 4/1 to knock back.

Thank you Deivid.

The Old Tolbooth

Chuffed with Liverpools result tonight, although Arsenal won away to AC last time out and will be no mugs, there's a lot of mileage in this tie yet.

Chelsea should go through pretty easily at the Bridge though, although I hope I'm wrong.

Malinga the Swinga

Liverpool must be one of the most boring teams ever to play in Europe and be successful. Hopefully they will never play Rangers in competitive match as the suicide rate would go through the roof. Neither team would have any attacks. Chelsea to go through and beat whoever wins this match, but Man Utd or Barca to win the whole thing. Don't like Man Utd, especially Alex Ferguson and Ferdinand, but at least they are entertaining and play attractive football.

?20 on Fener at 4/1.

I'm lovin' it.

After a discussion with a mate (thanks for that!!) i had a huge feeling that the Turks at home were too nice at 4/1 to knock back.

Thank you Deivid.

Congratulations. I say that through gritted teeth, but well done all the same.

Congratulations. I say that through gritted teeth, but well done all the same.

Cheers Sean,

my friend and I both agreed that Chelsea would go through after the loss tonight.

They'll take a few from them at the Bridge.

Harry Palmer
No surprises that Liverpool draw :rolleyes:

I'll take a 0-0 draw in the next leg. There was something in the air tonight...Fernando...!!

Do The Dance
Cheeky wee draw again in Europe away from home.

Not pretty but effective. Benitez has the game when it comes to European games, you have to admit that Liverpool fan or not.

Fantastic result tonight, but by no means over, I personally think its a 2-1 victory to Liverpool in the home leg. At the end of the day, Arsenal and Chelsea are absolute sheeeeitebags when it comes to the big games.

Fantastic defensive performance by Liverpool. What's wrong with that? Agree with you mate, Liverpool will most likely take this, and end up in the final again.

Perhaps it wasn't pretty, but I have to say, through gritted teeth, it's far better than watching Hearts...

Do The Dance
Cheers Sean,

my friend and I both agreed that Chelsea would go through after the loss tonight.

Come on Fener..

Cheers Sean,

Welcome.

Aye, still think we'll go through. The away goal is important.

Still annoyed at the final score though. Can't let a one goal lead slip.

The Real Maroonblood
Liverpool must be one of the most boring teams ever to play in Europe and be successful. Hopefully they will never play Rangers in competitive match as the suicide rate would go through the roof. Neither team would have any attacks. Chelsea to go through and beat whoever wins this match, but Man Utd or Barca to win the whole thing. Don't like Man Utd, especially Alex Ferguson and Ferdinand, but at least they are entertaining and play attractive football.

They were certainly boring playing in Europe in the late seventies and eighties.

:whistling:

Welcome.

Aye, still think we'll go through. The away goal is important.

Still annoyed at the final score though. Can't let a one goal lead slip.

Was a belter of a goal, fit to win any game.

Kind of like that one that Bordeaux scored against us at Tynie. When the other team scores a goal like that you just have to stand back and admire.

netherleejambo

The Strachan/Souness studio chat was excrutiating. Strachan's agent is obviously looking for a career for him after he walks out on the tic.

Was a belter of a goal, fit to win any game.

Kind of like that one that Bordeaux scored against us at Tynie. When the other team scores a goal like that you just have to stand back and admire.

Was a great goal. If we go through over the two legs and I'll stand back and admire. If not, it'll have been a jammy strike.

Nelly Terraces

Avram Grant is Abramovic's Graeme Rix.

Laffin ma nuts off at all the plastic Chels fans phoning in radio 5 moaning like brats, totally forgetting that Chels ARE Abramovic. A few saying it's like the 'old days' as well. Hmmm, sounds familar.

Nice 1 on the bet by the way Cosa. Good work.

Harry Palmer

Can we have Rafa for Europe; and someone else for "England". Number 6 is on the way....

FMU

Harry Palmer

Can we have Rafa for Europe; and someone else for "England". Number 6 is on the way....

FMU!

Dr Ian Malcolm

Benitez has got his tactics for Europe pretty much spot on the last 3 years. It miught not be the most exciting to watch, but for all their passing Arsenal don't have a plan B when the pretty triangles and 1/2s aren't working. They need to realise that they're not going to carve open teams time and again at this level. I actualy thought that had Kuyt and Torres not been knackered they could have sneaked a 2nd on the break laste on. Macherano had an absolute stormer as well.

Liverpool Man Utd Final would be good - one of the biggest games in British football history.

The Real Maroonblood
Benitez has got his tactics for Europe pretty much spot on the last 3 years. It miught not be the most exciting to watch, but for all their passing Arsenal don't have a plan B when the pretty triangles and 1/2s aren't working. They need to realise that they're not going to carve open teams time and again at this level. I actualy thought that had Kuyt and Torres not been knackered they could have sneaked a 2nd on the break laste on. Macherano had an absolute stormer as well.

Liverpool Man Utd Final would be good - one of the biggest games in British football history.

I would say that is quite a good assessment.

Fener looking pretty pish.

Chelsea strolling through this so far.

Chelsea were strolling but the mighty Sari Kanari hit back!! Well done to the Fener lads and I'm waiting on conformation from the Turkish brother-in-law about tickets for Tuesday night for the Fenerbahce side of the ground.:dribble:

That second goal was an absolute cracker!! :eek: Hadi Fener!!;)

Archived