Death comes to us all

Castle Magyar

Castle Magyar

Back in August '02, we were introduced to Mark de Vries. His early impact resulted in many parting with ?5 for an (XL) T-shirt, 'Capital Punishment'.

I wore it whilst up the Eiffel Tower and shared the resulting photo with 'Blobby supporters dressed as empty seats'.

It also gained recognition from the Capital community whilst visiting USA, Spain, Portugal & Ireland.

It was even warmly welcomed by a 'First to have Floodlights Brigade' when in Belgium.

Some years after, when downgraded from top T-shirt to wear it under the jumper when it's cold (in Shanghai), it innocently provoked discussion with some locals in a pub about the merits of death row - of which one group member was Chou Son Le, better known locally as Rambo!

As retirement approached, and the rungs on the T-shirt ladder running out i.e. use only for 'DIY & gardening', it's was still worn with a sense of pride & supremacy, in the same way The Tache advertises the San Giro annual managerial vacancy - which surely works, just look at the fine job LOLderwood is doing!

Sadly, having glimpsed an image in the mirror last week, it's now become Hubz-Garry-O-esque; lost it's shape, passed its prime, looking to be salvaged without hope of rescue or out-running fat cops.

Tonight will see this ref blow the final whistle as it's condemed to the T-shirt graveyard.

Long live the King, long live SO VRIES-Y!!

Back in August '02, we were introduced to Mark de Vries. His early impact resulted in many parting with ?5 for an (XL) T-shirt, 'Capital Punishment'.

I wore it whilst up the Eiffel Tower and shared the resulting photo with 'Blobby supporters dressed as empty seats'.

It also gained recognition from the Capital community whilst visiting USA, Spain, Portugal & Ireland.

It was even warmly welcomed by a 'First to have Floodlights Brigade' when in Belgium.

Some years after, when downgraded from top T-shirt to wear it under the jumper when it's cold (in Shanghai), it innocently provoked discussion with some locals in a pub about the merits of death row - of which one group member was Chou Son Le, better known locally as Rambo!

As retirement approached, and the rungs on the T-shirt ladder running out i.e. use only for 'DIY & gardening', it's was still worn with a sense of pride & supremacy, in the same way The Tache advertises the San Giro annual managerial vacancy - which surely works, just look at the fine job LOLderwood is doing!

Very very clever consider writing comedy scripts

Sadly, having glimpsed an image in the mirror last week, it's now become Hubz-Garry-O-esque; lost it's shape, passed its prime, looking to be salvaged without hope of rescue or out-running fat cops.

Very very clever consider writing comedy scripts

Tonight will see this ref blow the final whistle as it's condemed to the T-shirt graveyard.

still got mine and in reasonably good condition and so will still wear it from time to time .

Napoleon  Wilson

Brought a tear to my eye.

We shall raise a glass for your dearly departed

Was it an actual Hearts FC t-shirt with MDV on it or did you just buy a plain t-shirt that said "Capital Punishment" on it?

If it's a Hearts t-shirt then it sound really cool, wouldn't mind seeing a picture of it if you have one. :thumbsup:

You should keep it, especially as they don't seem to make it anymore, might regret throwing it away in later years.

Was it an actual Hearts FC t-shirt with MDV on it or did you just buy a plain t-shirt that said "Capital Punishment" on it?

If it's a Hearts t-shirt then it sound really cool, wouldn't mind seeing a picture of it if you have one. :thumbsup:

You should keep it, especially as they don't seem to make it anymore, might regret throwing it away in later years.

dont think it was official hmfc merchandice i think i bought mine from one of the scarf sellers on gorgie rd

Castle Magyar

Wasn't official HMFC merchandise, bought from a street seller. Hearts sell nice tops and advertise our club in a shiny kind-of-way, but the street sellers are more in tune with topical capital humour!!

The T-shirt lives another day - I was simply too lazy to dump it last night and instead, it found itself wrapped around my body once more; with the material rear again provocatively slipping down below my finely tuned bike cheeks i.e spotty arse! It's gotta go I know, but a combo of weakness, beer, lazyitus and simply unable to part with a T-shirt offered a stay of execution.

Should it stay or should it go; something Rearend thought about last season before opting China ahead of LOLderwood green & white army!!

Should it stay or should it go; something Garry O thought about whilst at Barnsley - before The Tache informed him there's no way it can last beyond 110 years, so sign right here !!

Should it stay or should it go; something LOLderwood considered when browsing over the benefits of a Forrest red contract

Should it stay or should it go; something LOLderwood considered when browsing over the benefits of a Birmingham blue contract

Should it stay or should it go; something LOLderwood considered when browsing over the sh1t of a minthy & guacamole contract for which no one truly appreciates the mire of such a job !!

Anyway, what started off as a light hearted humourous T-shirt ending is developing into a mini-soap.... so FTH, thanks MDV, and step to the fore Gorgie street sellers with the LOLderwood merchandise!!

Opening post will reach the "Best Of" section...calling it now.

To the OP

I can offer this fine garment a final resting place as opposed to the wheelie bin. I have a games room at our place (b&b ) which i have turned into over the years a shrine to mainly all the euro trips i have been on but also affixed mainly to the ceiling are a variety of strips and T shirts. As long as your "bike cheeks" aka spotty erse hasnt

contaminated it I can offer it a home, I even recovered the pool table maroon the day after it arrived green : )

Have fond memories of that game but as they say never got the T shirt,

while on the subject i have mementos of most euro trips i have been on

but the earlier ones before i stsrted this are missing

so if anyone has anything from Dublin, Paris,Belgrade and Tallin all of which i visited but failed to aquire would

be pleased to obtain and pay for to complete the set

Joy, joy, joy, joy....... how could ANYONE not know what he's talking about?

And how come I never get bored of watching that?

I remember that MDV did not get motm as well,Sandy Clark made JLV motm.

Ecce Romanov

I remember that MDV did not get motm as well,Sandy Clark made JLV motm.

Only because he had decided before MDV scored the last 2 goals though

Big_Hearts_Runner

I still have this & the sequel: "More capital punishment, Jambos are Vlad all over" Hearts 4 Hibs 0, Skacal, Hartley, Simmons & Mikoliunas"

Archived