Granny Danger anyone ?

Lego Knees

I was speaking to a Dundee United fan who told me he was the worst player he had seen play for them. Thought he had an excellent game today, could be a shrewd signing by JJ.

Ryan Macgowan had a great game today as well.

Good start but not getting carried away. Its up to him now, to show hes capable of that every week. Saw him at Tannadice 2 years back and he was torture. Couldnt keep the ball in the park. But players do improve and JJ might have seen that. Hope he does do the job though. Spending hee haw and getting ?1.5m back is a blinding deal.

Jambof3tornado

Far too early to say if he is a good replacement for Shooter but today was promising for sure.

He may have been torture 2 years ago but it just shows what jj's pre season training can do to a man, turns him into my MOM for today :thumbsup:

Excellent delivery from corners, free kicks etc. Looked good. Hopefully he can keep it up.

Lynn :ninja:

was impressed with him V Antwerp and he carried that on today,good linking up with Temps down the left,good in the air and good positional sense. still early days but looks a real find

chester copperpot

He was good yesterday, but there's something about his play that worries me. I can't put my finger on it, but hope that I am wrong.

More than adequate replacement for 'Two Gun Tex' ?

If we're basing it on one game then "yes".

But based solely on that one game the following might also be true

-Obua is a top MF

-We are in with a good shout of winning the SPL, especially when Driver, Kyle, Hamill etc return

-McCoist is a duff manager; a blind man would have substituted Ortiz after 20 mins

-Refs are no longer pandering to the OF

-Obua is a top MF

-We are in with a good shout of winning the SPL, especially when Driver, Kyle, Hamill etc return

-McCoist is a duff manager; a blind man would have substituted Ortiz after 20 mins

Now if only that fantasy ever came true....rolleyes.gif

He was good yesterday, but there's something about his play that worries me. I can't put my finger on it, but hope that I am wrong.

The only thing I didn't like about him yesterday was the way he turns on the ball. A minor thing, but he looked a bit like he was always unsure of what was behind him. He passed it back into the box a couple of times when he had easy passes upfield if he had had a look. That could just be he is new to the team and doesn't recognise the shouts from his team mates yet.

-Obua is a top MF

The quality of Rangers attacks down the wide was not the greatest yesterday, pretty poor I thought, but both of Hearts' full-backs were excellent.

Maybe I am one of the few that never rated Wallace, but in Grainger we get the extra of long throw-ins, free-kicks and corners. And it was noticeable that he worked well with Templeton down the left. Still to see how he copes under pressure.

magicjohnston

I hope hammil can throw as far as McGowan. Was pretty decent having long throw threats from both fullbacks yesterday (even though they didn't fall for many chances)

I must be the only one that was not overly impressed with Graingers free kicks. Think he had 4 around the 20 to 25 yard mark and failed to clear the 1st defender at 3 of them. Apart from that he had a fine afternoon.

I must be the only one that was not overly impressed with Graingers free kicks. Think he had 4 around the 20 to 25 yard mark and failed to clear the 1st defender at 3 of them. Apart from that he had a fine afternoon.

His corners looked a lot more dangerous than the free kicks.

His corners looked a lot more dangerous than the free kicks.

Agreed. Can't wait to see big KK in there on the end of one of them.

Captain Lithuania

At only 24 he still has 3 years to reach his peak. Danny will be a great player for us.

Archived