Taouil

Disser Pointon

I was in the stands today DH, and I think I'd describe Sutton's performance more as someone exposed and working on his own rather than just downright poor. It was a pretty thankless shift he had to put in today, I think he will look much better when we get on the front foot and he has someone playing up top alongside him (he wouldn't be the first player to fail in a lone striker role for HMFC).

I have to be honest and say the first time I actually realised Taouil was on the park was in our first attack of the second half. I don't know if that means his first half performance was steady, in as much as he did nothing either spectacular or chronic which drew my attention to him, or my eyesight is just plain and simply fecked, or getting fecked, and I failed to pick him out on the far side in the sunlight.

I know for a fact I need glasses (but haven't got them yet) but I thought Taouil did more in the first half than in the second half. I thought he looked very positive going forward in the first half and am quite bemused by some of the criticism on here.

Drylaw Hearts

You changed yer tune no...............average equals awful in your world :confused:

I was referring the last part of AG's post.

Do keep up.

I was referring the last part of AG's post.

Do keep up.

Oh where you now...........silly me

maroonshrew

I just dont think Sutton is designed to play on his own. So Im not sure where he will fit in but i dont doubt that he is a very good player

Drylaw Hearts

My prediction on Suttons abuse was spot on. Sadly.

FFS, I give up with Hearts fans.

Abuse ?

What abuse ?

Ah......you mean the honest opinions on his performance ?

:calmdown:

the honest opinions on his performance ?

:look:

Folk that know **** all about football shouting shyte?

:jj:

Cool.

Drylaw Hearts

:look:

Folk that know **** all about football shouting shyte?

:jj:

Cool.

Good one.

Johanes de Silentio

My prediction on Suttons abuse was spot on. Sadly.

FFS, I give up with Hearts fans.

Not seeing much actual abuse, tbh.

Abuse ?

What abuse ?

Ah......you mean the honest opinions on his performance ?

:calmdown:

As you well know everybody is entitled to their opinion, however to suggest that you are better opinionated than others because you were at the game is wrong..............in my opinion

Drylaw Hearts

As you well know everybody is entitled to their opinion, however to suggest that you are better opinionated than others because you were at the game is wrong..............in my opinion

You see more of the game whilst at the game.

Not seeing much actual abuse, tbh.

Abuse was a wrong choice of words.

But I wouldn't call it an informed critical opinion either.

The Comedian

Sorry to drag this on topic but Taouil really impressed me today. Yeah he fell away as did most on the second however in the first he was involved, neat and tidy and.played his part.

Well chuffed with his debut.

You see more of the game whilst at the game.

Fair enough, if you get a chance to watch a replay of the game i suspect your opinion that Sutton was awful may change.

Cardiac Rucksack

He doesnt look suited to playing up top on his own. He struggled a bit. I feel he will however be a completely different player at home and with a player up top with him. Diddy teams will be shit scared of him.

rudi must stay

Seems a good team player. As a winger it's a shame he couldn't run at their defender at the end though, at 1-1 in the last minute it was worth a shot at goal.

I actually thought everybody played well today.

Not one player on that park should be judged one game into the season, and yes, that applies to Rangers players.

JKB at it's best as always.

Imagine on day one of a new job a random guy walks up to you and says "Oaft sir, you're murder, you'll never make it here, you'd be better moving elsewhere ya wage thief" we would all kick his hole in eh???

The Comedian

On the TV you see a different game from when you're in the stand and I can assure you all....

Sutton was awful.

He had a few nice lay-offs but other than that - he needs to do much much better.

When people know he haw about football, it doesn't matter if you're sitting at the game or on the toilet.

Just saying.

Regular John

I thought Taouil looked far more effective when played in the middle against Antwerp. not sure he's really a wide player.

Sutton on the other hand isn't a target man, he's a penalty box striker who needs a partner. JJ's doing him a disservice by playing him in that 'Kyle' role.

Re Sutton: I thought he held the line well under fairly difficult circumstances. When we play at Ibrox it is very easy for a lone striker to get isolated. We've seen it happen over there many times. It wasn't his job to drop deep to get the ball. - that was the space Obua was to be in. His job was to hold a high line, bring others into play and win headers. He did the first two very well. He won a few headers. I thought he helped keep our shape well and made a lot of space for Obua. If Temps had stayed on he would have looked like more of a goal threat.

vintage1874

I thought Taouil looked far more effective when played in the middle against Antwerp. not sure he's really a wide player.

Sutton on the other hand isn't a target man, he's a penalty box striker who needs a partner. JJ's doing him a disservice by playing him in that 'Kyle' role.

I was reading an old daily record article the other day, mixu played Taouil just off the striker while JJ used him as a right winger at killie.

I sure in other games sutton will have more support from elliott, rudi, stevo etc.

fabienleclerq

Mehdi was good first half,i missed the second(had a wedding) tried to keep the ball something we do poorly through there. Big part of why our midfield dominated.

Sutton Played a thankless task well, couple of good layoffs. He is a target man (how someone thinks otherwise i dont know!)

i also liked the way he stayed on bougera's side when they had possession because he builds the attacks for rangers while broadfoot

is just a defender.

Noone can Judge a player on his first game. I thought Taouil had a decent enough game especialy his first league game in maroon. Give the boy a chance :thumbsup:

This. thumbsup.gif

Chris Benoit

Please don't tell me the little bit of the pitch you see on the screen gives you a better view of what is going on off the ball than actually sitting in the stand.

Just don't.

From my far superior view..............

Sutton was so slow it was frightening.

Yes he won a few headers and yes he brought players into play a few times but there dozens of times he effortlessly did neither.

I've been very disappointed with him on the 3 occasions I've seen him so far in a Hearts jersey.

I wouldn't say he was awful but there was a few times I thought he wasn't doing enough to close down their defenders, the sort of thing Nade was lambasted for.

I've no doubt he'll come good but not been up to much the 2 times I've seen him.

Feckin hell! Give the boy a chance. :blink:

He's played one competitive game and that was against the orcs at Ibrox. A fixture we routinely get horsed in.

I thought he was excellent in the first half. He was one of the reasons our midfield completely bitched theirs during that period. Looks a very tidy player, imo.

:thumbsup: Couldn't have put it any better.

Its all in the interpretation, but where you say he wanted to much time on the ball i thought he looked relaxed and calm; this spread through the team and allowed us to play a few passes.

Maybe it wasnt always the correct option but someone willing to put there foot on the ball is a useful thing to have in the squad.

I agree, I thought he mostly looked composed on the ball and I think he'll do great things for us! :thumbsup:

KillieMitch

He'll be a lot better in games were he isnt pressed so hard on the ball IMO. Today they were on top of him like rats and I dont think it suited him. Give him a yard of space and he's got a killer pass in him I'm sure.

The one thing he's never had is the killer pass. Thought he did alright yesterday in keeping possession. Same old Mehdi

Archived