Tyson Fury v Derek Chisora

since.1902

Gavsy Van Gaverson

**** sake while neither look to be potentially world class Fury is 23. Do you know what kind of fighter Wlad was fighting at that age or after that many fights? You say that like its derogatory that a 23 yr old fighter with 15 fights will get destroyed by a 35 yr old fighter with over 50 fights.

I agree to an extent. Most decent heavyweights nowadays don't make a name for themselves until there early 30s, so fury has plenty of time to improve,

The days of Tyson (Mike) ripping up the division in there early 20s are gone. The Heavyweight division is pony!

chester copperpot

What a link, cheers.

Did not know Fury was onlh 23 FFS, looks much older.

Impressive stuff from khan there.

Very very impressed there.

Hardly worth staying up for :angry:

Think Judah realised he wasn't going to win and took the easy way out. Wasn't a low blow.

Different class from Khan. Never a low blow - Judah was just out of his depth, time to hang up the gloves.

Impressive stuff from khan there.

Very very impressed there.

Agreed. Khan is looking really good these days. Proved me wrong since I claimed a few years ago he would never be a dominant world champion. He's since stepped up in weight and unified half of the 140Lb division, really only has Timothy Bradley left worth fighting in this division, and Bradley doesn't want to fight him.

If he moves up to 147Lbs I reckon the best fight for him there is Ortiz. It's a bit of a shame that Mayweather is fighting Ortiz next, as it might spoil a potential fight with Khan. Mayweather/Pacquiao vs Khan is still a massively one sided fight, but credit to Khan he seems to want to fight the top guys.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Sounds like Bradley is running scared. Khan v Mayweather if he beats Ortiz.

The pacman fight won't happen IMO.

chester copperpot

I'd like to think I'm pretty clued up about boxing. I still think Khan aint ready for a Mayweather yet. Think he'd get beat, although his is improving at some rate of noughts now. I really thought last night would be close.

Say What Again

Khan categorically ruled that out in an interview I read last week. Too many conflicting interests like same trainer, same cut man etc.

He also said his preferred route to Mayweather is Morales next, then Kell Brook.

Khan categorically ruled that out in an interview I read last week. Too many conflicting interests like same trainer, same cut man etc.

He also said his preferred route to Mayweather is Morales next, then Kell Brook.

Morales is another sensible choice for Khan - like Judah, he's past his best but has more heart. I really enjoyed his last fight and he showed great courage to the end.

Last night sounds like Khan did well, good on him. Don't think he's near Mayweathers class but he's fighting regularly and is choosing good fights, so is definitely making a good go of it. Could maybe do with new management though after the recent balls up with Sky.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Khan will definitely not fight Pacman. I was referring to Mayweather fighting Pacman.

Say What Again

Khan will definitely not fight Pacman. I was referring to Mayweather fighting Pacman.

Ah, picked your post up wrong, GVG.

Khan's young and improving, no doubt at all, but Mayweather? Not yet.

FFS if he ever gets in a ring with Mayweather or Pac-Man he's made it!

EDIT: Only the first line's a reply to Gav

• 3 years later...

The rematch of this fight falls apart with Chisora dropping out with an injury and Fury pulling out of the hastily rearranged stand-in fight due to the illness of his uncle.

Feel for the poor sods who have paid ?60+ to watch what is an awful undercard.

Archived