Black

johnjl

Thought he had a cracking game today. Seemed to pop up in all the right places and put in some great tackles.

Thought he had a cracking game today. Seemed to pop up in all the right places and put in some great tackles.

Agreed.

Made a superb last ditch challenge :thumbsup:

Harry Palmer

He was great.

Really wanted him to crunch Yerrabitch again. It would have been karma after his constant diving... :thumbsup:

Superb tackle in the box, still needs to take control more in midfield, but did well today but like others at the club he/they must realsie that that is the minimum expected EVERY week.

Jambof3tornado

I seriously hope that if he does continue to play such an important role for us the court case doesnt have the same effect on our form as Mr Kyles injury!!!

Great game today,as did many of the boys in maroon!!! In fact who didnt play well?

Superb tackle in the box, still needs to take control more in midfield, but did well today but like others at the club he/they must realsie that that is the minimum expected EVERY week.

I agree gambo. New season though and thought he had a great match today. His performances were patchy last season but an improvement on the previous one, let's hope he keeps it up this term.

Diadora Van Basten

Anyone know how many Rangers players have now been booked for fouls on Black?

It's getting beyond a joke.

Black was excellent today and gave me a warm fuzzy feeling when ever I saw it was him on the ball or making the challenge.

i counted the commentator mentioning how black put jelavich out for 3months on 5 separate occasions today. he certainly didnt mention as often how good a game he had.

Black had a great game, agreed. We'll benefit if he continues to play well in that role AND we see Touhil (spelling?) being direct and not taking an extra touch too often. Think we'll see some good stuff here like.

The Old Tolbooth

I was itching for Blackie to put in a bad one on Naismith, that little tw@t deserves all that's coming to him!

I've been very critical of Black of late but he was superb today. He has a cool head on the ball and seems to find a wee yard in the midfield.

My problem is that he has that in him but he doesn't do it often enough, getting caught up in bullshit and fighting with himself far too often. If he can do as he did today on a consistent basis, I'll be over the moon cos he's a very good wee player.

I do still worry about who will play in there with him. For me, Mrowiec can almost only work against Rangers and maybe Celtic. Against teams we need to make the running against, he isn't our man. So Black and Obua? Black, Obua and Robinson or Denis?

I guess we might see one team at Tynie and another away from home.

Well done today Blackie, keep it up.

Said it before and I'll say it again,he's a far,far,far better player when his mind is on the game and not who he can blooter next,please keep it up Blackie,don't let your self be dragged back into the "if it moves tackle it" mentality.

Harry Palmer

Black looked like he enjoyed it today....

Enjoyed the away fans jeering but did not allow it to get to him.

Still, a crunch on Yerrabitch or Toadface would have sealed the deal.

I thought Blackie was tremendous today tackling and passing was superb

Plus its seems he noises up the rangers fans so its all good

Thought he was our best player today, hopefully he can keep up that level and suddenly our CM is not as bad as we feared. Especially now it looks as if we have found a right back in mcgowan which gives us the option of Hamill in the middle as well.

Libertonian_II

I thought that Black was having some good games towards the end of last season and that continued today. Mucho impressed

Some of his first half passing was incredible. Couple of diaganol balls to temps were excellent.

thedeekster

Thought he was our best player today, hopefully he can keep up that level and suddenly our CM is not as bad as we feared. Especially now it looks as if we have found a right back in mcgowan which gives us the option of Hamill in the middle as well.

This!!

McGowan to RB and Hamill in the midfield with Black. Sorted!! :-)

Jambof3tornado

Whats clear is that we have many options in the midfield area,a headache that JJ will enjoy no doubt!!

i counted the commentator mentioning how black put jelavich out for 3months on 5 separate occasions today. he certainly didnt mention as often how good a game he had.

That really pissed me off, it wasnae even that bad a challenge, cynical, and the end result was unfortunate. Complete revisionism, doubt if Cocker has even seen the challenge he's goin on about.

Archived