Obua

Chris Benoit

Vlad-Stupid

Aye :D

:jjyay: just sent the missus out for vodka. Cya on the hangover thread tomorrow, I look forward to your sobbing :lol:

A couple of decent moments today including the goal from Obua but and its a big but there was still plenty of evidence that he is not a football player:

The missed pass to McGowan that put us into a lot of trouble in the first half

Failure to hold the ball up

Failure to hit the target from his first chance

Pea hearted challenges

Failed to provide cover when McGowan lost the ball at Rangers goal letting Papac walk past him

Todays performance was better than most and I would give him 6 out of ten but to describe him as magnificent is ridiculous.

I wouldn't play him for the next match.

I'm glad you are not the manager of Heart Of Midlothian FC.

Creepy Lurker

He played well today. As someone who has been very critical of him in the past, I'd be delighted if he could keep playing like that.

I'd leave it a bit before shouting from the rooftops about how much of a superstar he is, though. Around this time last season, a certain poster who shall remain nameless was touting Calum Elliot for a Scotland call-up...

:jjyay: just sent the missus out for vodka. Cya on the hangover thread tomorrow, I look forward to your sobbing :lol:

She better be quick.Won't get served after 10!!!

Anyway I'm out.No hangover for me I'm working in the morning :down:

The Comedian

I've been a massive critic of Obua. One of the biggest on here.

Today however he was terrific IMO. Easily his best performance for Hearts. He linked up nicely and scored a bullet header Big Kev would be proud of. He could have had a hattrick FFS.

I've laid into him for being pish before and I'm praising him now when I think he's played well. Can't say fairer than that.

Guest Dipped Flake

Just upset that it gives the Obua apologists something to harp on about when he plays his usual guff.

what a pile of crap

Guest Dipped Flake

I've been a massive critic of Obua. One of the biggest on here.

Today however he was terrific IMO. Easily his best performance for Hearts. He linked up nicely and scored a bullet header Big Kev would be proud of. He could have had a hattrick FFS.

I've laid into him for being pish before and I'm praising him now when I think he's played well. Can't say fairer than that.

That's the type of post I like. Someone who can admit that he slagged a guy but is now willing to admit that he might have been wrong. As I have been saying since Obua got here, he is definately a footballer, I've just not been sure he is suited to the SPL. Maybe hi is now working out how to fit his game into ours

A couple of decent moments today including the goal from Obua but and its a big but there was still plenty of evidence that he is not a football player:

The missed pass to McGowan that put us into a lot of trouble in the first half

Failure to hold the ball up

Failure to hit the target from his first chance

Pea hearted challenges

Failed to provide cover when McGowan lost the ball at Rangers goal letting Papac walk past him

Todays performance was better than most and I would give him 6 out of ten but to describe him as magnificent is ridiculous.

I wouldn't play him for the next match.

I agree with most but particularly the bit I've highlighted, though I would have probably said 7 or 8 from 10 first half where he was terrific, but only 5 or 6 second though it took a good save from their keeper to keep out a fine strike. I also think I would probably play him next week just to give him the chance to build on today.

A lot of people seem desperate to be proved right in thinking he's a player, but today was only approaching the standard of performance we should expect of a first team player, most accept it was his best game and it's taken him far too long to show it.

He wasn't even our best player today so before I wet myself in excitement, I think I might wait a while.

Hopefully those who think they are right will be proved to be so over the longer term though.

Archived