Sergio Garcia

WHO SHOULD I GO AS?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. WHO SHOULD I GO AS?

• ACE VENTURA
    • SHAUN (FROM SHAUN OF THE DEAD)
    • OTHER (PLEASE SUGGEST)

Sergio Garcia

Moving on from my serious question earlier about housebuying issues, i have a more pressing matter if somewhat more trivial concerning fancy dress.

My mum is going to Peru to help out on the Amazon Hope vessel so she is holding a charity fancy dress night with the theme of Hollywood this coming Saturday, so i can either go in a tuxedo (which i dont really fancy, fancy dress should be more fun) or a character from a film.

Now i had planned to go as EDWARD SCISSORHANDS however that has went pearshaped due to the company telling me today that the can only deliver at Monday at the earliest, costume has been ordered for past fortnight. So after a quick hunt in Glasgow's fancy dress shops which revealed a severe lack of Tim Burton characters i have had to scrap this idea.

And due to the rest of the choices being the usual Superman,Batman,Spiderman run of the mill fancy dress costumes at 40quid a pop i have decided that i still want to be an original character (ie not one that quite a few folk will attend as)

So i have narrowed a choice down between ACE VENTURA and SHAUN (from SHAUN OF THE DEAD)

For ACE costume i think i need a Hawaian shirt,white tshirt,funny trousers and crazy shoes and maybe an Elvis wig for the quiff and some homemade Ace Ventura business cards (out of this stuff i would only really need to buy a Hawaian shirt, and make my own business cards)

For SHAUN costume i think i need Short sleeve white shirt,red tie, name badge, trousers, shoes, cricket bat and maybe some fake blood (out of this all i would need to buy is a red tie, make a name badge, buy a cricket bat and fake blood)

So out of those two which should i go as?

Or if you have another suggestion that doesnt require to much work at this late stage would be much appreciated!!!

I think there both pretty good ideas tbh, Shaun would maybe be more recognizeable these days though? Plus you get to walk about with a cricket bat :D

both good ideas actually, i went for shaun cos i prefer the film but both fun...!

could also go as a zomie extra....means if you get fed up of someones bad chat can put on a glazed look and wander off...

Mate, I reckon going by your avatar you could make a convincing Ryan Giggs!:laugh:

Shaun certainly sounds more fun.

I like going as Jesus. I take a loaf of bread, and a bottle of wine and sit quietly in the corner judging people.

I also made a beer sandwich.:)

go as Travis Bickle Robert DeNiro's character in taxi driver, all you need is some sunglasses and an old military jacket

oh and a mohawk

Max Mossley

Just go bollok naked with a star of david on yer arse and two hookers dressed like nazi's.... up to date and topical. Cant go wrong, plus get the hookers recked enuff and you'll get extra's for nowt.

Its not holloywood granted but it far better fun. plus your mum would be well proud.

Dont say I dont help.

Sergio Garcia
I think there both pretty good ideas tbh, Shaun would maybe be more recognizeable these days though? Plus you get to walk about with a cricket bat :D

Always useful to have a cricket bat on a night out, just incase theres a pleb thats not behaving!

Sergio Garcia
Mate, I reckon going by your avatar you could make a convincing Ryan Giggs!:laugh:

Shaun certainly sounds more fun.

I like going as Jesus. I take a loaf of bread, and a bottle of wine and sit quietly in the corner judging people.

I also made a beer sandwich.:)

I like the sound of Jesus (mainly for the wine aspect) although wasnt there a lot of hanging around that night?

Been years since ive been compard to Giggsy, more often than not these days i get the Zico comparision, mainly cause like him im too lazy too shave as well!

Do what my mate did. Turn up in normal clothes and say you're an out of work actor.....

Dr. Bapswent

Just go in black gloves and black socks.

When you get asked what youv come as you can say 'the five of spades'.

Pete Seeger
You could go as a priest.

Celticfan.jpg

Thats the funniest thing I've seen in as long as i can remember!

Pete Seeger

:)

Just go in black gloves and black socks.

When you get asked what youv come as you can say 'the five of spades'.

Drew Busby !

I'm of the Mel Brooks school of thought that says rip the pesh out of Nazi philosophy by dressing up in uniform and ridiculing them to the max.

That - plus god help me... - they were undeniably very snazzy uniforms :confused:

Never had the cahoonas to wear one to fancy dress yet, cos' lets face it, it could cause a riot. But anyway...

Allgemeine-SSa.jpg

get a long brown coat, wear that over a suit & some trainers and hey presto...

7.jpg

Sergio Garcia

Some great suggestions here people, seems Shaun is more popular than Ace on here, amongst my humanoid friends, Ace seems to be in the lead, tough call, will all depend what i can buy late night shopping tonight, although new sunglasses for Ace may swing it!!!!

The Doctor is a very good shout Bev, that has gave me food for thought!

Some great suggestions here people, seems Shaun is more popular than Ace on here, amongst my humanoid friends, Ace seems to be in the lead, tough call, will all depend what i can buy late night shopping tonight, although new sunglasses for Ace may swing it!!!!

The Doctor is a very good shout Bev, that has gave me food for thought!

I voted for Shaun although i think both are good, i went for Shaun in the end because i think he's more recognizeable these days.

Sergio Garcia
I voted for Shaun although i think both are good, i went for Shaun in the end because i think he's more recognizeable these days.

I kinda agree with you but a lot of people in the real world seem to think that the older generation are more likely to recognise ACE, going nip into town at lunch and see what i can pick up, so its either red tie and cricket bat or sunglasses and hawainian shirt!

Go as a tramp.

They're selling off Hibs replica strips in JJB Sports.

:107years:

was at a fancy dress party recently, we had to go as something beginning with M or S.

i went as marilyn manson and my girfriend as smurfette. hers went down really well (won a prize for best female costume).

the home made costumes are always the best. there was a bloke as a snooker table, another as scrabble. a mate went as a french maid. i thought about going as shaggy from scooby doo or disco stu from the simpsons.

the only limit is your imagination

I kinda agree with you but a lot of people in the real world seem to think that the older generation are more likely to recognise ACE, going nip into town at lunch and see what i can pick up, so its either red tie and cricket bat or sunglasses and hawainian shirt!

just make sure you post a photo on here! ;)

Sergio Garcia
just make sure you post a photo on here! ;)

I shall, no doubt a little drunk i would imagine.

Just found out my twin bro and his fiancee are just going in a suit and a posh dress.

Since i am getting a lift with them rather looking forward to them being all dressed up and me either looking and acting like ACE or wandering around with a cricket bat and fake blood like Shaun.

Brian Whittaker's Tache

I went to Halloween fancy dress last year

I was strapped for cash so I went as the Invisible Man

Two bandages from the chemists (?1.50) a hat, a pair of sunglasses, a pair of leather gloves and an old suit from work

Looked brilliant and freaked everyone out

Sergio Garcia
I went to Halloween fancy dress last year

I was strapped for cash so I went as the Invisible Man

Two bandages from the chemists (?1.50) a hat, a pair of sunglasses, a pair of leather gloves and an old suit from work

Looked brilliant and freaked everyone out

Now that is genius!!!!!

Food for thought now...........

Sergio Garcia

Well people of Kickback, i had to buy my costume/props at lunchtime and the winner of the Poll before i left was SHAUN!!!!

A cricket bat and red tie has been purchased to go along with my white shirt and black trousers and shoes already owned, all that is left for me is some fake blood and to make myself a wee name badge!!!

Thank you very much for all your assistance, shall post pics after the event!

I'm of the Mel Brooks school of thought that says rip the pesh out of Nazi philosophy by dressing up in uniform and ridiculing them to the max.

That - plus god help me... - they were undeniably very snazzy uniforms :confused:

Hugo Boss designed them which may explain their sartorial elegance.

Max Mosely

Well people of Kickback, i had to buy my costume/props at lunchtime and the winner of the Poll before i left was SHAUN!!!!

A cricket bat and red tie has been purchased to go along with my white shirt and black trousers and shoes already owned, all that is left for me is some fake blood and to make myself a wee name badge!!!

Thank you very much for all your assistance, shall post pics after the event!

You could maybe bandage your head as well, with a dart hanging out :)

Sergio Garcia
You could maybe bandage your head as well, with a dart hanging out :)

Good thinking batman.....can only add to the costume

• 3 weeks later...
Sergio Garcia

Hi folks sorry for being so long before getting pics up finally got some on my bebo for anyone to check how the costume looked.

Would put them on here but no idea how to upload onto JKB, bit of a techno tube!

http://www.bebo.com/Stewart83

Sergio Garcia

Cheers CCP, the sunglasses were a necissity as i was rather ****ed and wasnt supposed to be drinking before the event!

Couple of other pics in the legends section of my pics but thats my fav 1 of me on the night.

Sergio Garcia
Be truthful.

Thats ketchup eh?

:laugh:

KFC'S finest ketchup, didnt have time to get fake blood, not bad impro for a drunk man!

Archived