penicuk v hearts x

michaeljambo22

Do The Dance

It was 1-0 Penicuik when I left with ten or fifteen to go.

Part time fan.

Hearts no 8 scored with a stunning strike in 87 mins to win match,according to piebovril penicuicl thread.

Independence

Hearts are playing Dunbar Utd in Dunbar on Monday night ko 7.30pm at New Countess Park. Referee George Salmond.

Andy Driver maybe playing!

Footballfirst

It was an U19 side plus Ortega Deniran.

Hamilton

Mullen Kane© McKay McHattie

Paterson Holt Tobin Scott(Carrick) Smith

Deniran(Stewart)

Callum Paterson and Dave Smith scored Hearts goals. As someone said earlier Dave Smith's goal was a screamer from 30 yards the went in off the post.

Hearts no 8 scored with a stunning strike in 87 mins to win match,according to piebovril penicuicl thread.

where?

It was an U19 side plus Ortega Deniran.

Hamilton

Mullen Kane© McKay McHattie

Deniran(Stewart)

Callum Paterson and Dave Smith scored Hearts goals. As someone said earlier Dave Smith's goal was a screamer from 30 yards the went in off the post.

How did deniran play ?

Footballfirst

How did deniran play ?

He had some nice individual touches in the first half but didn't link up play very well. He was subbed after 55 mins when the game (and he) seemed to be going nowhere. Thereafter, Hearts just upped the tempo and ended up overunning the Penicuik midfield.

Personally I don't think he is good enough, nor would he improve on what we've got.

Footballfirst

Report that will appear on the HYDC site.

Hearts U19s came from behind to beat a plucky Penicuik Athletic side tonight, with a stunning strike from 30 yards by Dave Smith with just two minutes left, proving to be the winner. Hearts fielded their full U19 side plus one overage player in Nigerian trialist Ortega Deniran. Captain, Chris Kane, dropped back to centre back alongside Brad McKay who had played for Penicuik on loan throughout last season.

Hearts line up

Hamilton

Mullen Kane(capt) McKay McHattie

Deniran(Stewart)

Hearts started brightly showing lots of pace down the flanks. It was the two wide men who came closest early on with a Dave Smith shot going just wide and Callum Paterson somehow managing to lift the ball over the keeper and th car from four yards.

Penicuik got more into the game as the half progressed and Hearts tempo dropped. Firstly Jack Hamilton made a good stop from a shot on the turn from a Penicuik striker, then on the half hour mark Penicuik should have gone ahead as an angled shot-come-cross found the Penicuik centre forward coming in at the back post but he unbelievably managed to knock the ball over the bar from a yard out.

The remainder of the first half was even with both sides probing but failing to create any clear-cut chances.

Hearts replaced George Scott with Dale Carrick at half time.

Just a minute into the half, Hearts were hit by a sucker punch as Penicuik went ahead. A ball over the top left the static Hearts defence appealing in vain for offside as Grant Killen coolly slotted home a low shot it the corner of Hamilton?s net from the edge of the box.

Penicuik continued to look threatening on the break and Darren Murray reacted by replacing the ineffective Ortega Deniran with Ryan Stewart. The changes seem to spur Hearts into greater efforts, as Dave Smith and Kevin McHattie had shots both well saved and just missing the target

Hearts now had a grip on the midfield with Jason Holt and Chris Tobin keeping the ball moving as Hearts pressed for an equaliser. This finally came in 71 minutes when Faser Mullen to laid a quickly taken corner into the path of Callum Paterson who drilled a low shot ball into the net from 15 yards.

Hearts continued to press forward and Brad McKay had a header cleared off the line and Jason Holt just missed the target after a good passing move.

With three minutes left Penicuik almost scored against the run of play with a fine shot from 20 yards that Jack Hamilton tipped onto his bar and recovered the rebound himself. That piece of good fortune was followed with great joy from the Hearts side, just a minute later, as Dave Smith latched onto a loose ball 30 yards out an fired in an unsaveable shot that went in off the post, which proved to be the winner.

This was a much better performance from the Hearts youngsters whose pace and fitness finally proved too much for the junior side. The same Penicuik side beat Rangers U19 side 2-1 last week, so it may be a good omen for the season ahead.

Best for Hearts were Brad McKay, Jason Holt and my man of the match Dave Smith whose pace caused the home defence problems all night.

When's the match at Dunbar and time?

7.30 on monday night ! one of their players testimonials i think ?

Independence

7.30 on monday night ! one of their players testimonials i think ?

Geoff Jones testimonial.

Harry Palmer

Geoff Jones testimonial.

A friend of my brother from Grammar School. :)

Sure Geoff is a Rankers fan...was in the School End '96 when Pointon majestically curled the ball into the net. He hated it.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Brad McKay will make it imo :thumbsup:

Would like to see him do well. Both him and Chris Kane were in the year below me at school and from what I have seen, are very good players.

Would like to see him do well. Both him and Chris Kane were in the year below me at school and from what I have seen, are very good players.

plus chris tobin. All three were at craignount in that year

allystrachan

first time i have watched any of the youth teams in years. was actually quite impressed with the standard. first time i have seen holt play too and thought he was great!

coming from a penicuk player 'hearts 19's are ALOT better than rangers 19's'

jambos are go!

Jason Holt certaintly used the ball well at all times with accurate passing. Must have a great chance of making it. I would like to see him burst forward Ala Hartley. He also played a similar role to Dennis and looked much more comfortable without him in the side. Nice problem

The team as always with the under 19s played a great pacey passing game and much praise is due to the coaching team.

He had some nice individual touches in the first half but didn't link up play very well. He was subbed after 55 mins when the game (and he) seemed to be going nowhere. Thereafter, Hearts just upped the tempo and ended up overunning the Penicuik midfield.

Personally I don't think he is good enough, nor would he improve on what we've got.

This seems unreasonable. The lad have some pace and good understanding of the game - had some special deliveries and forward actions. Playing on his own up front with youngsters who are hesitant to draw a long pass and support him quick is not the best way to express him self but he kept professional and worked hard.

All of my Penicuik palls around me commented what a player he is. Strange why he was subbed as on second half Deniran was looking even livelier - heard was preserved for next game on Mon.....

This seems unreasonable. The lad have some pace and good understanding of the game - had some special deliveries and forward actions. Playing on his own up front with youngsters who are hesitant to draw a long pass and support him quick is not the best way to express him self but he kept professional and worked hard.

All of my Penicuik palls around me commented what a player he is. Strange why he was subbed as on second half Deniran was looking even livelier - heard was preserved for next game on Mon.....

I think I may have a business opportunity for you. My brother is the finance minister and has usd50m needing repatriated......

Report that will appear on the HYDC site.

Hearts U19s came from behind to beat a plucky Penicuik Athletic side tonight, with a stunning strike from 30 yards by Dave Smith with just two minutes left, proving to be the winner. Hearts fielded their full U19 side plus one overage player in Nigerian trialist Ortega Deniran. Captain, Chris Kane, dropped back to centre back alongside Brad McKay who had played for Penicuik on loan throughout last season.

Hearts line up

Hamilton

Mullen Kane(capt) McKay McHattie

Deniran(Stewart)

Hearts started brightly showing lots of pace down the flanks. It was the two wide men who came closest early on with a Dave Smith shot going just wide and Callum Paterson somehow managing to lift the ball over the keeper and th car from four yards.

Penicuik got more into the game as the half progressed and Hearts tempo dropped. Firstly Jack Hamilton made a good stop from a shot on the turn from a Penicuik striker, then on the half hour mark Penicuik should have gone ahead as an angled shot-come-cross found the Penicuik centre forward coming in at the back post but he unbelievably managed to knock the ball over the bar from a yard out.

The remainder of the first half was even with both sides probing but failing to create any clear-cut chances.

Hearts replaced George Scott with Dale Carrick at half time.

Just a minute into the half, Hearts were hit by a sucker punch as Penicuik went ahead. A ball over the top left the static Hearts defence appealing in vain for offside as Grant Killen coolly slotted home a low shot it the corner of Hamilton?s net from the edge of the box.

Penicuik continued to look threatening on the break and Darren Murray reacted by replacing the ineffective Ortega Deniran with Ryan Stewart. The changes seem to spur Hearts into greater efforts, as Dave Smith and Kevin McHattie had shots both well saved and just missing the target

Hearts now had a grip on the midfield with Jason Holt and Chris Tobin keeping the ball moving as Hearts pressed for an equaliser. This finally came in 71 minutes when Faser Mullen to laid a quickly taken corner into the path of Callum Paterson who drilled a low shot ball into the net from 15 yards.

Hearts continued to press forward and Brad McKay had a header cleared off the line and Jason Holt just missed the target after a good passing move.

With three minutes left Penicuik almost scored against the run of play with a fine shot from 20 yards that Jack Hamilton tipped onto his bar and recovered the rebound himself. That piece of good fortune was followed with great joy from the Hearts side, just a minute later, as Dave Smith latched onto a loose ball 30 yards out an fired in an unsaveable shot that went in off the post, which proved to be the winner.

This was a much better performance from the Hearts youngsters whose pace and fitness finally proved too much for the junior side. The same Penicuik side beat Rangers U19 side 2-1 last week, so it may be a good omen for the season ahead.

Best for Hearts were Brad McKay, Jason Holt and my man of the match Dave Smith whose pace caused the home defence problems all night.

Why this report is here if it is for the HYDC side?

I don't see the fair reason of intent.

Report seems done with some professional 'prudence' and a strange negative tendency towards trialist O.Deniran - everyone else in Penicuik park but the author of this 'report' have seen that this player have some special qualities.... When he left the park basically more Hearts players were pushed forward and the academy players basically prevailed physically over the part timers. Anyway, due credit to the sound motivated performance of the Hearts youngsters to win this game.

I think I may have a business opportunity for you. My brother is the finance minister and has usd50m needing repatriated......

This is a football forum, please address your financial ventures elsewhere

I don't see the fair reason of intent.

Report seems done with some professional 'prudence' and a strange negative tendency towards trialist O.Deniran - everyone else in Penicuik park but the author of this 'report' have seen that this player have some special qualities.... When he left the park basically more Hearts players were pushed forward and the academy players basically prevailed physically over the part timers. Anyway, due credit to the sound motivated performance of the Hearts youngsters to win this game.

So when are you signing, Mr Deniran?

Johanes de Silentio

This seems unreasonable.

:unsure:

:blink:

This is a football forum, please address your financial ventures elsewhere

:rolleyes:

Footballfirst

Football is all about opinions and you are entitled to your's just as I am entitled to mine. I also watched Deniran against Vale of Leithen where he scored a goal that was gifted to him by the VoL defence but contributed little else. I will also be at the game against Dunbar on Monday, but if he is unable to demonstrate that he is a class above 2nd level Junior or EoS League sides then I'm afraid that I don't see a future for him at Hearts.

Unless of course, Vlad has other ideas :unsure:

I was at the game and on that showing the trialist was not good enough. He is 25 and is meant to have a reasonable amount of experience and in a game where you would have hope he would stand out, he didn't. He had some nice touches and retained the ball well at times, but TBH he looked no better than the rest of the hearts youngsters. Wasn't particularly fast or strong, and his few shots were a bit scuffed.

All in all the curly haired lad that played upfront for Penicuik looked better.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

plus chris tobin. All three were at craignount in that year

Yeah his name passed me by when I read the report initially. Seems like he is playing well in the middle of the pitch which is good.

Yeah his name passed me by when I read the report initially. Seems like he is playing well in the middle of the pitch which is good.

Seen his against Celtic away last season & him/Jason Holt ran the game

Football is all about opinions and you are entitled to your's just as I am entitled to mine. I also watched Deniran against Vale of Leithen where he scored a goal that was gifted to him by the VoL defence but contributed little else. I will also be at the game against Dunbar on Monday, but if he is unable to demonstrate that he is a class above 2nd level Junior or EoS League sides then I'm afraid that I don't see a future for him at Hearts.

Right, game of opinions , I wasnt in Vale game but if he chase defenders like that you can see how he can win a ball & still have to score right.... Not easy for a exper. player to be pro in this level!.....

Jambosr1985

Looks like Jason in 19s squad this season, John McGlynn was there.

I thought Hearts were quite ordinary and lacked a bit creativity, probably because no Jamie Walker or Billy King, trialist looked average on that showing.

??? You better keep beer for Thur night - Europa league game - don't waste the booze so early :-)

So when are you signing, Mr Deniran?

Johanes de Silentio

??? You better keep beer for Thur night - Europa league game - don't waste the booze so early :-)

I bet you have a few stories to tell, dmakie - please tell us a wee bit about yourself. :)

Archived