Youngsters on the move

jamborich

Rick Grimes

Interesting that Park is being allowed to go despite our lack of depth on the left.... he's obviously way out of the picture.

Seen this at the bottom 'Lithuanian striker Evaldas Razulis has returned to Kaunas on loan' I had no idea he was still with us.

Gerd Muller

Seen this at the bottom 'Lithuanian striker Evaldas Razulis has returned to Kaunas on loan' I had no idea he was still with us.

Scored for Kaunas today.

All 6month deals. Wonder if any of them will be used later on in the season.

The Old Tolbooth

Interesting that Park is being allowed to go despite our lack of depth on the left.... he's obviously way out of the picture.

Park looked solid when he played against us for East Fife too, strange one that.

Drylaw Hearts

I had no idea he was given a permanent contract.

I guess maybe Ridgers could come back in if Kello is shit hot till Jan and someone stumps up his valuation?

Park is a funny one. Must be 22/23 now is he?? Was he given a big long contract same time as Mole etc? He missed a long time through injury but it's funny he doesn't even seem to have come near the 1st team. Shame.

From what I've read on here, all Morton lacks is sense and humility, so hopefully that's knocked into him at the lower levels!!!!!!

Beginning to see the benefits of having had so many managers now... :whistling::ninja:

Haha, Hearts today announce that young starlet Kevin McHattie has been loaned to Csaba Laszlo until January. Ex-Jambos chief Csaba is currently without a club but has been tasked with working on Kevin's ability to speak pish for ages, something seen as his only weakness by the academy coaching staff.

Harry Palmer

Ridgers to return as backup when Balogh leaves in Jan. :mellow:

Really hope there is a new Gary Naysmith....

Ridgers to return as backup when Balogh leaves in Jan. :mellow:

Really hope there is a new Gary Naysmith....

Oh aye, forgot Balogh goes in Jan

Think the laddie McHattie (see my hilarious skit above) is pretty highly rated. Only know from reports on here, so others better placed than I...

Oh aye, forgot Balogh goes in Jan

Think the laddie McHattie (see my hilarious skit above) is pretty highly rated. Only know from reports on here, so others better placed than I...

Think Kevin is a great young player, but don't think he's ready to step up yet! Suppose he would be better than others out of position but feel that, while he has potential, he needs a year in 19s & possibly another on loan before he's ready - tho think he will be eventually

Think Kevin is a great young player, but don't think he's ready to step up yet! Suppose he would be better than others out of position but feel that, while he has potential, he needs a year in 19s & possibly another on loan before he's ready - tho think he will be eventually

Oh aye, wasn't touting him yet, but I guess if Park ain't getting a go and now Brown is away, he's the next in line, once ready. Am I right in thinking Colin Hamilton is left footed?

So that's 8 of the younger players out on loan now (Ridgers, Balatoni, D. McGowan, J. Thomson, Park, D.Thomson, Morton and Ogleby).

I'd expect Stewart to go out on loan too and perhaps Colin Hamilton?

Not questioning your judgment Ross but it is a little concerning that the next-in-line LB who is 18 needs another 2 years to be ready for the 1st team. This is a lad who clearly had something that made us take him from Dunfy and after a year with us, is still 2 years away. Are we possibly just too protective/scared to give young guys their heads or is the pressure on the manager such that he cannot afford to bite the bullet?

Not questioning your judgment Ross but it is a little concerning that the next-in-line LB who is 18 needs another 2 years to be ready for the 1st team. This is a lad who clearly had something that made us take him from Dunfy and after a year with us, is still 2 years away. Are we possibly just too protective/scared to give young guys their heads or is the pressure on the manager such that he cannot afford to bite the bullet?

A little bit of everything! Just don't think the manager should leave him as next after Grainger - maybe he'd be ready the season after next but sure he's only just 18

Don't get me wrong, I think he's good & would probably cope well enough, but feel he'd be getting in cos of circumstances rather than how well he's doing - not badly, but not like Holt, Denis or Robinson

Hamilton's left-footed but a CB so unlikely to get in at LB!

JamboAberdeen

Heard at somewhere that those over 21 years old are eligible to go on loan 6 month max. (League regulation I think)

That's the reason why Mole had to come back at Jan last season.

Heard at somewhere that those over 21 years old are eligible to go on loan 6 month max. (League regulation I think)

That's the reason why Mole had to come back at Jan last season.

cheers for that, seems a strange regulation though. so they will probably get deals renewed to go back to east fife etc in january instead of being used in the first team.

going with that rule i think prychynenko and/or holt should get loaned out until jan to get some experience, but that was another thread completely.

as for ogleby, good to see him get a hat-trick :thumbsup:

jamboinglasgow

Hat-trick from Ogleby & seemingly an assist for one from Ridgers - according to his twitter

He also set up the first goal according to the BBC match report. A fantastic competitive debut from him.

Archived