Sanchez joins Barca

rudi must stay

jamboinglasgow

With Fabregas to follow shortly.

The potential Barca team for next season is scarily good.

Goalkeepers

Victor Valdez

Jose Pinto

Defenders

Carlos Puyol

Gerard Pique

Dani Alves

Eric Abidal

Maxwell

Adriano

Andreu Fontas

Gabriel Milito

Midfielders

Xavi Hernandez

Andres Iniesta

Sergio Busquets

Cesc Fabergas

Javier Mascherano

Seydou Keita

Thiago Alacantra

Forwards

Lionel Messi

David Villa

Pedro Rodriguez

Alexis Sanchez

Bojan Krkic

Ibraham Afellay

Jeffren Suarez (though there seems to be strong rumours that he is off to Bolton)

That would be devastating to any team. Though the Real Madrid team also looks very strong for next season, Jose is fine tuning his team so it will be a fantastic la liga season.

jamboinglasgow

Bojan will now join Roma that sanchez has signed.

Or Liverpool as some paper rumours have suggested (but your right more likely Roma.)

Sexton Hardcastle

99% Roma with Enrique etc.

Something about iBarcelona having a buy back fee which makes sense.

Roma should be a real force next year. Yanks spending well. Just need to tie down de Rossi.

jamboinglasgow

99% Roma with Enrique etc.

Something about iBarcelona having a buy back fee which makes sense.

Roma should be a real force next year. Yanks spending well. Just need to tie down de Rossi.

Fair enough, yeah they are determined to make Roma a force. Of course despite buying Bojan or any other top striker they will still have to play Totti up front every week.

rudi must stay

The potential Barca team for next season is scarily good.

Goalkeepers

Victor Valdez

Jose Pinto

Defenders

Carlos Puyol

Gerard Pique

Dani Alves

Eric Abidal

Maxwell

Adriano

Andreu Fontas

Gabriel Milito

Midfielders

Xavi Hernandez

Andres Iniesta

Sergio Busquets

Cesc Fabergas

Javier Mascherano

Seydou Keita

Thiago Alacantra

Forwards

Lionel Messi

David Villa

Pedro Rodriguez

Alexis Sanchez

Bojan Krkic

Ibraham Afellay

Jeffren Suarez (though there seems to be strong rumours that he is off to Bolton)

That would be devastating to any team. Though the Real Madrid team also looks very strong for next season, Jose is fine tuning his team so it will be a fantastic la liga season.

is Sanchez not a winger? He played there for Chile in the world cup

Who have Real & Roma signed?

I dunno about recently but Madrid signed Altintop and Sahin a while ago.

Sexton Hardcastle

Yea last couple of seasons for the great man. He record is phenomenal. Think they signed heinze today and with angel they should be fairly solid.

Be interesting to see where pastore ends up. I would guess Milan.

Real have spent fairly big already. Surprised they got Sahin with the midfield they already have. One for the future i guess.

rudi must stay

Who have Real & Roma signed?

Real - Fabio Coentrao, Hamit Altintop, Nuri Sahin, Jose Callehon, Raphael Varane

not sure about Altintop. But Sahin and Coentrao will definatly improve them

Sexton Hardcastle

Jose angel, Borellio, Lamella Are their main ones. Should add bojan, kameni or stekelenburg and heinze.

More if they can't tie down de rossi

But what about the youth I thought they had the best youth in the world.They are just like any other team once you get to the top you have to spend to stay there.

Sexton Hardcastle

Hes an ideal replacement for Scholes. Don't know why fergie hasn't made contact. Especially with all the shit about his father in laws death which looks like it will drive him out of Rome. Unless his love for the club sways him. And I'm sure totti will have a quiet word. 15-20 million is some buy if similar amounts are getting you Jordan Henderson/Stewart downing!

Well can safely say now the Cesc Fabregas deal is well and truely dead until atleast next season.

Barca supposidly have opted to pay the deal for Sanchez in installments and are even struggling to figure out how to work it out theyre budget was I think 18 million for the season so no chance Fabregas will go now...

jamboinglasgow

But what about the youth I thought they had the best youth in the world.They are just like any other team once you get to the top you have to spend to stay there.

Of the 23 players I posted above in a squad, 13 of them came from Barca's youth system (though 2 of those at the age of 16 joined English clubs then came back (or could come back.) Barca have always made some big money signings to supplement their youth team. It still doesn't change the fact that in their first choice XI, (if Pedro is ahead of Sanchez) 8 of the 11 are from their youth system. Thiago Alacantra is one to look out for, looked great at the European under 21 championships and technically amazing.

Sexton Hardcastle

The Sanchez deal depended on bojan leaving. So a chunk of that transfer will fund that. Pretty sure they had money set aside for cesc.

He will go this season I would think.

Not a chance now, they had a budget and they blew it there was rumours the sanchez deal was delayed through lack of funds, if a club is going to cut coloured pictures and getting rid of admin staff how can they afford 36 million Arsenal are holding out for, Arsenal have played a masterstroke at making Barca pay high odds for Cesc. If a player like Henderson can get a transfer of 20 million Arsenal have been more than right to make a club like Barca, who have basically broke all the rules in the art of profesionalism and tapping up scandels in the Fabregas saga. Im not that fussed if Cesc goes but Barca have went well down in my books for what theyre players and anyone assocaited with them have done regarding Fabregas.

jamboinglasgow

The Sanchez deal depended on bojan leaving. So a chunk of that transfer will fund that. Pretty sure they had money set aside for cesc.

He will go this season I would think.

add in the ?24m they got last month from AC Milan from ZIbra (Zlatan Ibrahmiovic, sorry Football Ramble nickname there) and they do have money. Sanchez deal seems to be have been on going for a while so I doubt they would make so many bids for Cesc if they haven't had it all planned, Sandro Rossell is not seen as being a penny pincher for nothing.

Sexton Hardcastle

Italian football is just 1 big con. No quality or entertainment whatsoever.

Pretty true. Next season should be very competitive. Napoli are back being a force. Juve are beginning to spend more. Lazio, Roma and udinese are all showing signs of closing the gap at the top. Surprised sampdoria went down last year but it shows how open the league can be.

Jamtarts-1874

Barcelona had a budget of 45 mil this season and that is not including money they get from transfers e.g Bojan, jeffren. Also Sandro rossell has stated barca could dip in to next seasons fund for fabregas. So it is quite possible they can sign sanchez and fabregas

Ill take that back yeah it was 45 million they had. I really cant see the deal happening now I still see Barca well and truely stumped for coin now the Sanchez deal is done.

The thing is with Fabregas he wont even be a regular starter until Xavi(hes the oldest out of him and Iniesta?!) retires they wont change their system to get Cesc in I really cant see it and where will Sanchez play if both were signed?

Fabregas will be a bench warmer whereas hes captain and first pick with The Arsenal. Im happy if he goes hes not commited and actually Arsenals record without him is quite outstanding.

Fabregas is a fantastic player but his commitment to the shirt is a joke.

Sexton Hardcastle

It's all about having some silver when you hang the studs up.

Join Barca - silver x 100000

Stay at arsenal - meh

Jamtarts-1874

Tbh Iam not a big fan of fabregas in the first place. He is a good player but not necessary atm as xavi could still play his role for a gd few years to come. Also barca should just keep that 30 odd million and bring through thiago alcantara as he looks a fantastic young player. Barca would be better of signing a good back up centre half

Fabregas is only 23/24 years old, im sure hes careers not finished yet lol still time for silverware with the Wenger Express ;)

Tbh Iam not a big fan of fabregas in the first place. He is a good player but not necessary atm as xavi could still play his role for a gd few years to come. Also barca should just keep that 30 odd million and bring through thiago alcantara as he looks a fantastic young player. Barca would be better of signing a good back up centre half

Could not agree more- they have an obsession with him but for me he isn't worth all this hassle, & he plays in a position they aren't exactly struggling in (include Thiago, his brother Rafa, 17, & Jonathan Dos Santos)

Of the 23 players I posted above in a squad, 13 of them came from Barca's youth system (though 2 of those at the age of 16 joined English clubs then came back (or could come back.) Barca have always made some big money signings to supplement their youth team. It still doesn't change the fact that in their first choice XI, (if Pedro is ahead of Sanchez) 8 of the 11 are from their youth system. Thiago Alacantra is one to look out for, looked great at the European under 21 championships and technically amazing.

I know I'm only making a point of how the media like to think of Barca as purely a team that's all about their youth when in reality they have pretty much done the same as most teams who are successful have done before them,promoted from within and bought big as well.The way it is portrayed in the media it's like that whole Barca team suddenly came through at once but the reality is they have all came in a different stages.

hmfc_liam06

I'd love to see De Rossi playing in England.

As long as it's not with United. He's a dirty, dirty player, him and Totti. FORZA LAZIO!!

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Ill take that back yeah it was 45 million they had. I really cant see the deal happening now I still see Barca well and truely stumped for coin now the Sanchez deal is done.

The thing is with Fabregas he wont even be a regular starter until Xavi(hes the oldest out of him and Iniesta?!) retires they wont change their system to get Cesc in I really cant see it and where will Sanchez play if both were signed?

Fabregas will be a bench warmer whereas hes captain and first pick with The Arsenal. Im happy if he goes hes not commited and actually Arsenals record without him is quite outstanding.

Fabregas is a fantastic player but his commitment to the shirt is a joke.

Guardiola was quoted a couple of weeks ago saying he would consider switching to a 3-4-3 with a central midfield diamond if they sign Fabregas to try and fit him into the side.

Pepe and his quotes like most of his squad with unproffesional comments or there minister saying "Arsenal are kidknapping Fabregas" So if Barca switched their system where would Sanchez fit in?

Its not going to happen, Barca will have to stretch their money and even if they receive much money their still riddled in debt and have loans etc to pay back first on top of intrest before any bid of over 37 million will be considered for Arsenal who are in a very better financial situation than Barca through a fantastic money management and also having now the Emirates in Arsenals name... sure its this season its in Arsenals name.

I hate Barca. Used to be a well run, respected club but how theyve did the Fabregas spin is a disgrace. Any proper football fan can see what theyre doing is both tapping up and against all good football professionalism.

Jamtarts-1874

Roma have just signed Bojan for 13 mil and it looks like jeffren will probs go for around 7 mil so that gives barca an overall budget if 65 mil. The sanchez deal is only 26 mil to start with so that gives barca about 39 mil to spend on say fabregas and that's before potentially dipping into next years fund. Although as I previously said I hope they don't sign fabregas. As for barca changing the formation sanchez will still fit in on the right of a front three and fabregas in a midfield of four. Probably Abidal, puyol, pique at the back

As Graham Hunter, Spanish football Journo, once tweeted me - Barca & Real have 'elastic banks' - effectively ran by banks & do what they want

Don't see the fuss Barca make over this - he isn't all that!

Gavsy Van Gaverson

I think Sanchez and Fabregas (more so) will struggle to get in the first 11. Pedro has been brillant the last couple of seasons.

However, the Barca squad will look much stronger if they were both to join.

Well can safely say now the Cesc Fabregas deal is well and truely dead until atleast next season.

Barca supposidly have opted to pay the deal for Sanchez in installments and are even struggling to figure out how to work it out theyre budget was I think 18 million for the season so no chance Fabregas will go now...

They reckon it is make or break week with the Fabregas deal.Seemingly Nasri is joining City,could be shortly or next season for a free transfer. :thumbsup:

Sexton Hardcastle

I think Nasri will stay at Arsenal or move abroad.

Looks like City have Aguero wrapped up. So much competition for places and i think if Inter are going to loose Sneijder, he would be a decent replacement. Unless they reckon Alvarez will do the job.

Still plenty of time for the madness to continue.

Chelsea have reached an agreement to sign Oriol Romeu from Barcelona.No idea of the price paid or who he is but it could be more to the Fabregas fund.

Archived