Webster doubt for saturday

Chaps

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Andy Webster - great player, but, he bottles it and doesn't play in the big games, I knew he'd find a way not to play on Saturday. Really hope i'm wrong as he is good but its just a feeling I've had about him

Captain Scarlett

Webster injured? Well paint me green and call me the hulk.I never seen that coming. :whistling::whistling::whistling:

Charlie-Brown

Andy Webster has more breakdowns than RAC & the AA combined! :down: Good defender but given his on-going fitness issues we could be chopping and changing a lot at centre back as we did for most of February onwards.

Andy Webster - great player, but, he bottles it and doesn't play in the big games, I knew he'd find a way not to play on Saturday. Really hope i'm wrong as he is good but its just a feeling I've had about him

I thought it would be interesting if he didn't play next week given the rumours that have been going around.

I thought it would be interesting if he didn't play next week given the rumours that have been going around.

What rumours?

What rumours?

I think someone posted on here a while ago that they'd been speaking to Davie Weir and he had said that there was no chance of Webster playing at Ibrox because "his head's messed". There have also been rumours about him constantly pulling up in training at Rangers with "injuries" so he didn't have to play.

Dr. Bapswent

Booo Webster,

I think we should hound quality defenders like him out of our club, we don't want Scotland internationalists playing for us, and clearly not ones who ever might get an injury.

Not in the famous Maroon and White!

Someone should organise a protest or something.

Tommy Wiseau

I am Jack's complete lack of surprise. <_<

How long before he starts getting called a wage feef?

Guest Ultraviolet Catastrophe

Booo Webster,

I think we should hound quality defenders like him out of our club, we don't want Scotland internationalists playing for us, and clearly not ones who ever might get an injury.

You were doing so well with your opening few words as well..

Oh well.

Booo Webster,

Not in the famous Maroon and White!

Someone should organise a protest or something.

If he plays as infrequently as in the last 5 years (except for the wee club in Dundee) you will see the concerns I think!

I think someone posted on here a while ago that they'd been speaking to Davie Weir and he had said that there was no chance of Webster playing at Ibrox because "his head's messed". There have also been rumours about him constantly pulling up in training at Rangers with "injuries" so he didn't have to play.

These were the rumours put out by Walter Smith just as Webster was negotiating contracts with rival SPL clubs?

Ray Winstone

Zaliukas - Barr/Jonsson partnership at Ibrox.

Might hit the golf course that afternoon....

Charlie-Brown

Do people genuinely believe he is faking injury?

I don't think he thinks he's faking injury - anyway regardless my concern ishe simply doesn't play often enough and is prone to missing lots of games or being forced to come off - can we rely on him is the question needing answered?

Francis Albert

Do people genuinely believe he is faking injury?

No, but we have a problem if his fitness is so delicate that he has to be subbed or rested every time he feels a twinge of pain.

I don't think that is a particularly unfair comment given his grand total of 21 appearances in 4 of the last 5 seasons.

Dr. Bapswent

If he plays as infrequently as in the last 5 years (except for the wee club in Dundee) you will see the concerns I think!

I'll wait till that happens before cursing his name and getting out my burning torch.

angry-mob-722694.jpg

He got an injury shortly after joining Wigan. I'm not sure they ever intended playing him much anyway. That move seemed suspiciously like a way of getting round the clause that he could not break his contract to go to another team in the same league. (The Velicka deal was equally suspicious). I think there was more to him not playing at Ibrox than has been revealed. I wonder if he had a large appearance clause for example. Seemed a bit like Vlad flu. There was also the fact that he was not first choice anyway. Bougherra and Weir were first choice. Webster did fine at United and I think that it more likely we see his appearance record and form for them replicated with us.

rossthejambo

Shock bloody horror.

I'd be stunned if he actually makes it to 20 games this season what with all the "injuries" he seems to be getting. dry.gif

No, but we have a problem if his fitness is so delicate that he has to be subbed or rested every time he feels a twinge of pain.

I don't think that is a particularly unfair comment given his grand total of 21 appearances in 4 of the last 5 seasons.

That is fair enough. I think other people might be implying a bit more than yourself though.

If we get 26 games out of him this season (as United did last season) we will have made a successful Bosman signing IMO.

The Comedian

Has he missed the game yet? No.

Just thought I'd mention that for the seethe merchants who are already bent out of shape.

:Vlad-Stupid:

Francis Albert

Has he missed the game yet? No.

Just thought I'd mention that for the seethe merchants who are already bent out of shape.

:Vlad-Stupid:

Only about 150 games in the last 5 years.

Not seething, just commenting.

Dr. Bapswent

Only about 150 games in the last 5 years.

Not seething, just commenting.

How many at Hearts?

Cos that all im fussed about really, not gonna get all bent out of shape due to performances at other clubs....

Clerry Jambo

Hope it hurts you bottling prick. thumbsup.gif

I'm sure Webby is really interested in your pishy comments, bet you cannae wait to boo him at every opportunity, deary me

Charlie-Brown

Since returning to tynecastle he's missed as many or more minutes of first team games as he's played - that's the biggest concern.

Clerry Jambo

Since returning to tynecastle he's missed as many or more minutes of first team games as he's played - that's the biggest concern.

It is a concern Charlie, but some just have their own agenda for having a pop at any opportunity

rossthejambo

It is a concern Charlie, but some just have their own agenda for having a pop at any opportunity

Can hardly blame people for being a bit vociferous towards him with his track record can you?

i see the webster seethers are out in force rofl is this just speculation he might play on saturday

Clerry Jambo

Can hardly blame people for being a bit vociferous towards him with his track record can you?

Bit of a lame excuse to be honest.

Many players have a history of injury problems, did he not play a full season with Dundee Utd when on loan there?

It's the people who didn't want him back at the club that are having a go, simple as that

rossthejambo

Many players have a history of injury problems, did he not play a full season with Dundee Utd when on loan there?

It's the people who didn't want him back at the club that are having a go, simple as that

I wasn't solely focussing on his injury record tbh, he's had a lot of work to do to win over fans and clearly he's not done that yet for some.

Wholly untrue. Surely most of us want him to be a success but apart from one season at Tannadice he has a terrible record with injuries and a widespread feeling that some of the injuries are mental. replace seething with cynical here I think?? For what it is worth I quite like Webster.

Dr. Bapswent

I wasn't solely focussing on his injury record tbh, he's had a lot of work to do to win over fans and clearly he's not done that yet for some.

Cmon, that just as bad.

What do people expect him to do, open his veins and bleed maroon?

He is doing exactly what he needs to, come back and play football. he cant avoid injury, and I don't think anyone would suggest he should put himself in harms way uneccesarilly.

I mean, if he got himself seriously injured for being reckless, the same fans would be beating down his door calling him a crock.

he cant do right for doing wrong with some people on here.

Its pitiful.

I'm sure Webby is really interested in your pishy comments, bet you cannae wait to boo him at every opportunity, deary me

Once again, Clerry Jambo misses the point. When he plays for us, he'll receive tacit support from me. It's in everyone's interests that he does well when he plays for us.

That doesn't, however, detract from him being a risible, vile individual and I wish him pain and misery at every turn apart from the 3 scattered appearances he'll make for us next season.

Some of you have short memories.

Grow a spine, Clerry Jambo. Speaking of which, how's that protest going? thumbsup.gif

It seems you're allowed to be a total ****** to Hearts providing you're a good player and you don't have connections to Celtic.

That doesn't, however, detract from him being a risible, vile individual and I wish him pain and misery at every turn apart from the 3 scattered appearances he'll make for us next season.

:lol:

rossthejambo

Cmon, that just as bad.

What do people expect him to do, open his veins and bleed maroon?

He is doing exactly what he needs to, come back and play football. he cant avoid injury, and I don't think anyone would suggest he should put himself in harms way uneccesarilly.

I mean, if he got himself seriously injured for being reckless, the same fans would be beating down his door calling him a crock.

he cant do right for doing wrong with some people on here.

Its pitiful.

Except he's not playing very much football is he? That's the big problem and it's becoming a bit of a regular occurence, Webster either being a doubt or being taken off injured in games.

Clerry Jambo

Once again, Clerry Jambo misses the point. When he plays for us, he'll receive tacit support from me. It's in everyone's interests that he does well when he plays for us.

Grow a spine, Clerry Jambo. Speaking of which, how's that protest going? thumbsup.gif

It seems you're allowed to be a total ****** to Hearts providing you're a good player and you don't have connections to Celtic.

You'll support him when he plays, you urnae 2 faced are you!!

....and what is this protest you mention, please enlighten me

Aw wait a minute, your just copying some of the other fan nies on here who really dinnae huv a clue

When he plays for us, he'll receive tacit support from me....

.....I wish him pain and misery at every turn....

You've not really got the hang of "support", have you? :blink:

You'll support him when he plays, you urnae 2 faced are you!!

....and what is this protest you mention, please enlighten me

Aw wait a minute, your just copying some of the other fan nies on here who really dinnae huv a clue

How does that make me two-faced, Clerry Jambo? Even when he's playing I'm hoping deep down that Webster's been caught bare-arsed, pumping the wife of a retired SAS sniper who just so happens to sit up the top of section C - that's in the Wheatfield stand by the way, since you don't attend matches at Tynecastle any longer.

However, since it's rather unlikely that Webster's lower half managef to function long enough to be able to raft a deranged squaddie's spouse, I think any reasonable Hearts fan would agree that it's in the team's best interests that he be allowed to continue with the job to the best of his unsatisfactory abilities, hence I hope he does well for the benefit of the team. I'm not surprised you struggle with this concept, Clerry Jambo, since you're not a Hearts fan, let alone reasonable.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Bapswent

How does that make me two-faced, Clerry Jambo? Even when he's playing I'm hoping deep down that Webster's been caught bare-arsed, pumping the wife of a retired SAS sniper who just so happens to sit up the top of section C - that's in the Wheatfield stand by the way, since you don't attend matches at Tynecastle any longer.

However, since it's rather unlikely that Webster's lower half managef to function long enough to be able to raft a deranged squaddie's spouse, I think any reasonable Hearts fan would agree that it's in the team's best interests that he be allowed to continue with the job to the best of his unsatisfactory abilities, hence I hope he does well for the benefit of the team. I'm not surprised you struggle with this concept, Clerry Jambo, since you're not a Hearts fan.

Hope this helps.

I'd be surprised if Clerry is the only one struggling with that guff you just wrote above.

I agree with UC Webster is a **** who mugged us over big time and I don't like the smarmy shite but when (and that's a big when) he's on the park he will get my support. Some people have really short memories, probably the same sort who use any opportunity to dish abuse out to our Scottish cup winning captain. That's two faced.

I'd be surprised if Clerry is the only one struggling with that guff you just wrote above.

What part of it do you disagree with, Dr. Bapswent? :confused:

Snake Plissken

I am Jack's complete lack of surprise. <_<

How long before he starts getting called a wage feef?

WAIJ FEEF

There we are.

Dr. Bapswent

What part of it do you disagree with, Dr. Bapswent? :confused:

I didn't say I did.

However, for what's its worth I do disagree with your uneccessary and tiresome hatred of a Hearts player, and from what I can see in this thread, its based on pure speculation that he may not be as inured as he has sometimes made out.

Any such vitriol based on unfounded speculation is uneccessary in my opinion. It just smacks of grabbing onto an excuse to have a pop at a player that you don't like, rather than anything based in fact or the players behaviour. That comes across as childish and poor form I think.

Clerry Jambo

However, since it's rather unlikely that Webster's lower half managef to function long enough to be able to raft a deranged squaddie's spouse, I think any reasonable Hearts fan would agree that it's in the team's best interests that he be allowed to continue with the job to the best of his unsatisfactory abilities, hence I hope he does well for the benefit of the team. I'm not surprised you struggle with this concept, Clerry Jambo, since you're not a Hearts fan, let alone reasonable.

Hope this helps.

More drivel fae you and no pictures required, think I will leave you alone, for now!

I didn't say I did.

However, for what's its worth I do disagree with your uneccessary and tiresome hatred of a Hearts player, and from what I can see in this thread, its based on pure speculation that he may not be as inured as he has sometimes made out.

Any such vitriol based on unfounded speculation is uneccessary in my opinion. It just smacks of grabbing onto an excuse to have a pop at a player that you don't like, rather than anything based in fact or the players behaviour. That comes across as childish and poor form I think.

Being serious for a moment -

I'm ragging on him because he acted like a prick when he left, nothing to do with him potentially being injured. I couldn't care less if he plays or not tbh.

I go over the top because I hate the way people just seem to have excused his past and the way he took the piss out of the club because they perceive him to be a good player. Players like Obua aren't afforded any sort of leeway and are continually abused by fans, but slagging Webster brings up arguments of "oh well he's a Hearts player now, support him 100%" etc. I'm not suggesting they're the same people but there are a few, and that hypocrisy is embarrassing.

Zander Diamond almost signs and this place nearly implodes, when all he's done is admit he's a massive Celtic fan and act like a bit of a tool, but he's never embarrassed our club or anything close to what Webster did but he's 'protected'. It seems that if you're perceived to be a good player, you have free reign from a select few fans but if you're rubbish, foreign or have connections to Celtic or some wonderful combination of those three then you're basically the Anti-Christ. This would almost be understandable if Webster really was as good as some people make out but I suspect their praise is exaggerated to help them get over what he did previously. He's far too casual since he's returned, maybe one and a half decent games at best?

His past shouldn't be forgotten and the over-egged praise that people use to try and convince themselves he never did anything bad is irritating.

Am I being childish and immature? Definitely. I don't think exposing the hypocrisy is completely pointless, though.

Archived