nae tattie cup then

maroonlegions

maroonlegions

Hearts have decided against entering the Intertoto Cup, leaving Hibs and Falkirk fighting it out for a place in the Uefa Cup qualifying tournament.

Hibs lead the Bairns by five points but the Edinburgh side could yet claim Uefa Cup entry via a third place finish.

Hearts will miss out on the top-six unless they beat Kilmarnock and Falkirk fail to win at Aberdeen.

Hearts, who hosted Barcelona last year, have also shelved plans to arrange another high-profile home friendly.:confused:

Managing director Campbell Ogilvie told the club website: "Before anything else the number one priority for Hearts pre-season is ensuring the most effective preparation.:dribble:

"In future years we might consider the opportunity to participate in a tournament such as the Intertoto Cup, as it offers an excellent route to the Uefa Cup, or another major international friendly such as last year's game against Barcelona which was attended by 58,000 supporters.:107years:

"However, our strong feeling was that our pre-season had to offer the best opportunity to be ready for the start of the new campaign.:P

"My colleagues in the football department have led the way in these recommendations, and as a club Hearts is entirely behind the rationale involved.:rolleyes:

"2008-09 is a very important season in the history of Hearts, and everything we do must be right.":rolleyes:

Spot on. Back to basics, hard work and starting from scratch.

First good management decision we've made in months.

the sand dunes at gullane will be the next stop for the players, hopefully.

the talent should take care of itself Neilson + Clum excepted, getting them fit pre season is the no1 priority, work on tactics in the last week or so

So let me get this straight, we're giving up the chance to play in Europe next season to concentrate on qualifying for Europe the following season. I'd like to see Hearts trying to qualify for Europe EVERY season.

I am particularly cynical at the moment but I suspect this decision has been made because Stevie Frail will be our permanent manager and as it stands does not have the required coaching qualifications to take us into Europe.

Wasn't there some SFA stipulation in place that any clubs participating in Europe had to have a coach in place with the correct UEFA accreditation? I'm sure March 31st was mentioned.

maroonlegions
So let me get this straight, we're giving up the chance to play in Europe next season to concentrate on qualifying for Europe the following season. I'd like to see Hearts trying to qualify for Europe EVERY season.

I am particularly cynical at the moment but I suspect this decision has been made because Stevie Frail will be our permanent manager and as it stands does not have the required coaching qualifications to take us into Europe.

FFS, NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT, well here we go again next season , clum up front on his own then.:rolleyes:;)

probably based on lasting at least two rounds with expensive flights and crap receipts and it being a money loser - typical small minded, narrow minded, approach from a club that has lost the way.

Hearts have decided against entering the Intertoto Cup, leaving Hibs and Falkirk fighting it out for a place in the Uefa Cup qualifying tournament.

That's great news. :) Mr Ogilvie has undoubtedly recognised that no right-thinking Hearts fan wants to lower ourselves to the hobo level by entering the interdiddy.

Archived