That new kit

Craigieboy

jack D and coke

Hate the big blue Wonga.

Completely ruins the top, imo.

Totally does.

A classic top ruined. A real pity you can't buy it without it.

What would be the ****ing point in Wonga paying money to have it on the kit then??

It might have escaped your attention but every single team in world football have sponsors and have done for years.

jack D and coke

What would be the ****ing point in Wonga paying money to have it on the kit then??

It might have escaped your attention but every single team in world football have sponsors and have done for years.

Why the **** does that mean I have to have it plastered across the f***** top i wear.

Only a Game

Why the **** does that mean I have to have it plastered across the f***** top i wear.

I believe the expression "DUH !!!" is appropriate here.

jack D and coke

I believe the expression "DUH !!!" is appropriate here.

You obviously don't remember being able to do that.

Duh...

WayneMarooney

Hate the big blue Wonga.

Did you see the state of the Antwerp top though! Huge mahoosive logo (way bigger than the wonga mess) dominating the front of the shirt, and a load of other guff over the rest of it. Could be worse, but wonga.com won't budge on their branding for anyone. Really love the new kit otherwise (home AND away)

He Who Cannot Be Named

I think your missing the point here, I'm sure folk would be happy with a white speech bubble or even just the words Wongo.com in white.

Love the home top this year :thumbsup:

Am I the only one that thinks the wonga bit doesn't ruin the top?

By the sounds of it yes

jamboinglasgow

Love the home top this year :thumbsup:

Am I the only one that thinks the wonga bit doesn't ruin the top?

No your not the only one, there is something I like about it, somehow to me it compliments the top.

I really couldn't care less about the logo tbh.

It's just a logo.

The Treasurer

Did you see the state of the Antwerp top though! Huge mahoosive logo (way bigger than the wonga mess) dominating the front of the shirt, and a load of other guff over the rest of it. Could be worse, but wonga.com won't budge on their branding for anyone. Really love the new kit otherwise (home AND away)

So how come their logo is in pink on the away kit ?

I went into the Hearts shop at the weekend and saw the new kit up close for the first time. Mrs Treasurer was with me and summed it up perfectly.

The top looks great apart from that blue logo which looks like a very cheap transfer that some kid had ironed on the front of the shirt.

We all know that clubs need to have a sponsor on the shirt these days but this one looks so amateurish.

I see no reason why it couldn't have been done in maroon and white. Many other sponsors and/or clubs manage to come to a compromise on branding to suit both parties, whoever negotiated this deal clearly just rolled over and did whatever the sponsor said.

I'm sure this will affect sales of what could have been the best selling top in years.

:vrface:

Lets get rid of the Wonga sponsor & hand them back their money.

However, we'll also need to hand back John Sutton & Granger. The Skacel deal will probobly be a no go as well.

rossthejambo

People need to get over this Wonga thing, like.

Honestly guys - it really, really isn't that bad.

Are you kidding? It's the worst thing to ever grace a football strip in living memory......EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!! :seething:

The Treasurer

:vrface:

Lets get rid of the Wonga sponsor & hand them back their money.

However, we'll also need to hand back John Sutton & Granger. The Skacel deal will probobly be a no go as well.

No-one is saying that (as you well know)

I just think a bit of compromise could have been reached that would have suited both parties.

On a side note I saw a couple of misguided fools wearing the new hobo top, now THAT is fecking hideous yucky.gif

Not had a chance to see it up close yet....just from pictures so far. Hopefully have a wee bit cash left over from my Menorca holiday when i get back and invest in one. Got the away one though which i think is good too.

We need someone to get hold of Wonga's brand guidelines to see if they have a better version of the logo. They'll definitely have a white out of black version for black and white printing but that wouldn't work on our dark maroon.

heartsfc_fan

I think a white Wonga logo with maroon writing would possibly make it our best ever kit :thumbsup:

hmfc_liam06

So how come their logo is in pink on the away kit ?

I went into the Hearts shop at the weekend and saw the new kit up close for the first time. Mrs Treasurer was with me and summed it up perfectly.

The top looks great apart from that blue logo which looks like a very cheap transfer that some kid had ironed on the front of the shirt.

We all know that clubs need to have a sponsor on the shirt these days but this one looks so amateurish.

I see no reason why it couldn't have been done in maroon and white. Many other sponsors and/or clubs manage to come to a compromise on branding to suit both parties, whoever negotiated this deal clearly just rolled over and did whatever the sponsor said.

I'm sure this will affect sales of what could have been the best selling top in years.

Pink and blue are their brand colours, that's why the away is pink. Wonder if wonga are raging that maroon is totally clashing with their logo?

When I saw them turning up, I thought we were playing against Spearmint Chews FC

chews.jpg

Not entirely true, there are quite a few clubs who do not have shirt sponsors. Infact Barc and Real Madrid only recently had a shirt sponsor and I am sure there is one of the teams in La Liga still refuse to have a shirt sponsor.

With previous shirt sponsors they have always adapted their logo to meet the colour scheme of the Hearts shirt, regardless of their corporate colours. I think this will be the first Hearts sponsor to have their own colours on our tops.

Ryan Gosling

Not entirely true, there are quite a few clubs who do not have shirt sponsors. Infact Barc and Real Madrid only recently had a shirt sponsor and I am sure there is one of the teams in La Liga still refuse to have a shirt sponsor.

With previous shirt sponsors they have always adapted their logo to meet the colour scheme of the Hearts shirt, regardless of their corporate colours. I think this will be the first Hearts sponsor to have their own colours on our tops.

Real Madrid have had shirt sponsors for almost 30 years.

ArmiyaRomanova

Hate the big blue Wonga.

This - best home top in a while, spoilt by a logo in colours and design totally out of keeping with the rest of the shirt. Leaving aside that the sponsors are a bunch of loan sharks.

Was in the shop at the weekend and was told they've had 'quite a few' enquiries for a logo-free version. Unsurprising.

As someone's mentioned, even a maroon on white logo would have been a smarter choice.

I only noticed the Wonga advertising at the dug outs and behind the goals.

If you concentrate on what's going on on the pitch, it's barely noticeable on the strips.

Although I must admit the game was so poor I spent most of it checking golf updates on my phone.

Real Madrid have had shirt sponsors for almost 30 years.

I thought it was only in the last 10 - 15 years that Real Madrid went with a sponsor? Maybe I'm thinking of the other team in Spain that were supposed to get a sponsor the same time as Barca took on Unicef, cant remember who they are? But like Barca they had never had a shirt sponsor in their history and there was supposed to be an agreement in place between clubs that they would both get a sponsor at the same time so that neither would atain some stupid title of not having a shirt sponsor in their existance.

It's Monday and I still havent got my sh1t together yet. That wont happen till at least 5pm on Friday afternoon!!

EDIT:

Yip, since 1980

Period Kit manufacturer Shirt partner

1980?1982 Adidas None

1982?1985 Zanussi

1985?1989 Hummel Parmalat

1989?1991 Reny Picot

1991?1992 Otaysa

1992?1994 Teka

1994?1998 Kelme

1998?2001 Adidas

2001?2002 None

2002?2005 Siemens mobile

2005?2006 Siemens

2006?2007 BenQ Siemens

2007?Present bwin.com

Coney Island Baby

I thought it was only in the last 10 - 15 years that Real Madrid went with a sponsor? Maybe I'm thinking of the other team in Spain that were supposed to get a sponsor the same time as Barca took on Unicef, cant remember who they are? But like Barca they had never had a shirt sponsor in their history and there was supposed to be an agreement in place between clubs that they would both get a sponsor at the same time so that neither would atain some stupid title of not having a shirt sponsor in their existance.

It's Monday and I still havent got my sh1t together yet. That wont happen till at least 5pm on Friday afternoon!!

Can't think of any team currently, but Athletic Club got their first shirt sponsor in 08/09 I think.

'Logo free' enquiries in the shop? :vrface:

What is it about shirt sponsorship that people don't get ffs?

:Vlad-Stupid:

Didn't like it...

Over it. :thumbsup:

If you dont ask you wont get. Playing Devils Advocatre here, just because a club has a sponsorship deal for actual club shirts doesnt mean fans have to accept them on their replica tops (although it does defeat the purpose of replica shirts!!). Both Rangers and Celtic provide sponsor free replica tops in kids and adult sizes.

For what it's worth I dont think the Wonga logo looks that bad on either top, although not sure the need to have it on the training kit or lesuire wear?

ArmiyaRomanova

With respect, I think it's you that's not getting it.

Quite apart from the highly questionable nature of the sponsor's business, there's the fact that the design and colours of their logo is entirely unsympathetic to an anotherwise great shirt.

I didn't have a problem at all with Ukio, their logo inclusion was relatively tastefully achieved.

Wonga's approach on the current home top is akin to taking a 5-star restaurant table and puking in the middle of it.

FWIW, I'd be prepared to pay a premium for this particular shirt without this particular logo.

Something the club should consider doing, imho.

I give up then.

Perhaps the club should just ditch the shirt sponsor. Maybe they will make more money from the 2% of fans who have had a hissy fit over it and not bought it.

:rolleyes:

ArmiyaRomanova

I give up then.

Perhaps the club should just ditch the shirt sponsor. Maybe they will make more money from the 2% of fans who have had a hissy fit over it and not bought it.

:rolleyes:

If you're both unencumbered by design sense and don't care what muck you advertise, I'm willing to get you a home top with a huge Craig Thomson photo plastered across the chest. Only proviso is that you wear it openly to every game this season. :thumbsup:

Nah, in all seriousness, shirt sponsorship is not the be-all and end-all of the club's finances - and as other clubs have shown, it's possible to provide choice for their customers.

Incidentally, how many requests do you think the club would receive from fans for tops WITH a sponsor logo if there was no strip sponsor?

scott_jambo

I seemed to have caused chaos on this thread with my comment.

I am happy for wonga to sponsor our top, we are not in a position to turn down extra revenue.

It still absolutely destroys the top though, k?

Archived