Copa America tonight

jamboinglasgow

jamboinglasgow

Argentina v Uruguay is on tonight at 23:15 on ESPN. I am looking forward to it as it is two big teams, Argentina cant afford to go out in the quarter finals as it is on home turf. Uruguay are the third best team at the tournament so will be tough opponents. Anyone else planning to watch the match?

Also its current Columbia v Peru, 0-0 after 90 mins and still that after 8 mins of extra time. Falco missed a penalty.

jamboinglasgow

Have to say I am gutted that these two are meeting in the quarters as I like both and would like to see them both in later rounds.

Peru have just scored against Columbia (the goal keeper took out his own defender in a terrible blunder) crazy that in the last world cup qualifying Peru came last in the group, now they are heading for the semi-final of the Copa America.

shaun.lawson

Have to say I am gutted that these two are meeting in the quarters as I like both and would like to see them both in later rounds.

Peru have just scored against Columbia (the goal keeper took out his own defender in a terrible blunder) crazy that in the last world cup qualifying Peru came last in the group, now they are heading for the semi-final of the Copa America.

Peru have a very, very canny coach, and Colombia were stupidly over-confident. Meanwhile, I was furious Uruguay didn't let Mexico equalise the other night - because if they had, they'd be playing Venezuela in the last eight, not the hosts. But whereas I initially thought Uruguay had no chance of getting past the Argies, I've done a total about turn, and have a weird, weird feeling about this game.

It's July 16 too - and July 16 1950, also against a heavyweight South American host nation expecting to win, was the most famous day in Uruguayan football ever. :thumbsup:

Plastic Uruguay fans :vrface:

I've been supporting them since 1930 mate. :muggy:

shaun.lawson

Plastic Uruguay fans :vrface:

I've been supporting them since 1930 mate. :muggy:

A.B.U

:lol::lol::lol:

Vlad-Stupid

From urban dictionary -

P-dizzle

Verb. Gangsta slang form of 'Puddleduck' - To sleep-walk into a friend's bedroom at four in the morning and urinate (perhaps on the floor, narrowly missing his or her treasured hardback - or possibly on a pair of brand new stereo speakers).

'Don't go P-dizzling, these are my best sheets'

'Louisa P-dizzled last night.'

This is neither the time or the place for this discussion, gents.

This is neither the time or the place for this discussion, gents.

Yes it is.

It's a sad day :down:

:omg!:

GGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

shaun.lawson

From the boy who should have been up the tunnel

Baloney. The yellow was spot on.

Shaun, that's a red card any day of the week. Two footed lunge, got the man. Feel lucky to get away with it.

shaun.lawson

Why wasn't that animal sent packing :down:

Beats :seething:

But not for long. :(

jamboinglasgow

1-1

Messi with a fantastic assist for Higuin to header in. But then again Messi doesn't do it for Argentina does he...

shaun.lawson

What a ball that was, well worked goal.

Forlan can't give it away like that though, especially with Uruguay playing a defensive 4-4-2. By the way, you think the British press are bad? Forlan recently broke up with his Argentinean fiance - so the local media have suggested he had an affair with another man. :lol:

jamboinglasgow

Forlan can't give it away like that though, especially with Uruguay playing a defensive 4-4-2. By the way, you think the British press are bad? Forlan recently broke up with his Argentinean fiance - so the local media have suggested he had an affair with another man. :lol:

How did they come up with that conclusion?

shaun.lawson

How did they come up with that conclusion?

God knows. They just made it up I think. :lol: Two or three female models have come forward to do kiss and tells, though - all of which is clearly contributing to Forlan looking such a shadow of what he once was.

What a call by the linesman that was! But Uruguay have to wake up, and this system ain't working one bit.

jamboinglasgow

God knows. They just made it up I think. :lol: Two or three female models have come forward to do kiss and tells, though - all of which is clearly contributing to Forlan looking such a shadow of what he once was.

What a call by the linesman that was! But Uruguay have to wake up, and this system ain't working one bit.

I presume the girlfriend was really attractive so it could be along the thinking "well if he has left her, then the only reason is because he is gay."

I dont think Forlan has been helped by his team-mates at Athletico falling out with him with one admitting in an interview "we dont pass to the blonde." Will knock his confidence.

shaun.lawson

And I can't argue with that. It'd been coming too.

Adios Ruso. Uruguay need a miracle now.

shaun.lawson

I presume the girlfriend was really attractive so it could be along the thinking "well if he has left her, then the only reason is because he is gay."

I dont think Forlan has been helped by his team-mates at Athletico falling out with him with one admitting in an interview "we dont pass to the blonde." Will knock his confidence.

That is utterly, utterly weird. We're talking about the best player at the World Cup FFS! :blink:

Shaun do you really not think that 2 footed challenge was a sending off? I hadn't seen it earlier (Just looking for a bite) but just seen it.Pretty bad!

shaun.lawson

Shaun do you really not think that 2 footed challenge was a sending off? I hadn't seen it earlier (Just looking for a bite) but just seen it.Pretty bad!

Ach, it probably was tbh. Keep in mind that I'm watching with Spanish commentary: something I'm going to keep doing from now on to gradually get used to the lingo and so on. But no doubt it's influencing me at times.

Uruguayan bloggers are :seething: at the display so far. "Welcome back to the Uruguay we knew, loathed, and thought we'd finally left behind" is the general sentiment. As things stand, this could get pretty ugly.

Archived