Cheats Charter

Doctor FinnBarr

Doctor FinnBarr

Gordon Smith wants a cheats charter to stop the cheating in Scottish football, The Sun reports. After all the furlore surrounding Thomson at the weekend who do they show a picture of on the back page? Yep, thats right, Miko! No surprise from the weegie press really but feckin annoying.:ahhhhhhh:

Dr. Bapswent

A cheats charter ...let me see.

1. Miko

2. Zaliukis

3. Chesney

4. Audrey

That is all at the moment.

written by Sir Barry Ferguson.

Thats why I don't buy any of the Glasgow rags.

I was listening to Jim Traynors radio programme on Monday where him and his journalist mates were speaking about the players on their payroll. They are openly old firm biased.

Gordon Smith wants a cheats charter to stop the cheating in Scottish football, The Sun reports. After all the furlore surrounding Thomson at the weekend who do they show a picture of on the back page? Yep, thats right, Miko! No surprise from the weegie press really but feckin annoying.:ahhhhhhh:

Couldn't believe it when I saw that, well, I could, after the weekend and what was written in the Sun on Monday about Thomson, why isn't he plastered across the backpage?! Also see it's a picture of Miko with his Hearts jersey on, if they're gonna show any picture he could have at least had his Lithuanian top on, to correspond with what they're actually talking about, idiots!

yvonnejambo

Would be amazing to do if it would be fair, but as we all know the OF dont really cheat, they just have some fantastic tactics that no other team can try.

Yes we would be top of that list without any SFA rep even having to watch a match involving us.

I think every hearts fan should be writing an e-mail to the sun today just to show our disgust it is an absolute joke that these sc*m get away with the way they treat Miko. I don't condone what he did against Scotland but in my opinion they have totally bottled using Thomsan as there example on the back page.

Marmeladent?rtchen

How subjective would that chart be....... what is cheating?

My standard answer to oust cheats is that FIFA need to do it! Untill then, its a part of the game, and Miko, Thompson, Rondaldo, the nation of Itay or whoever have free licence cheat. Not good not, not sporting, but thats how it is!

Miko dives against Scotland = Evil man.

Miko dives against Hibs for a winner = God

Both cases above are unsporting, but if your team wins and FIFA have no arguments then why not?

Thats why I don't buy any of the Glasgow rags.

I was listening to Jim Traynors radio programme on Monday where him and his journalist mates were speaking about the players on their payroll. They are openly old firm biased.

What were they saying?

I think every hearts fan should be writing an e-mail to the sun today just to show our disgust it is an absolute joke that these sc*m get away with the way they treat Miko. I don't condone what he did against Scotland but in my opinion they have totally bottled using Thomsan as there example on the back page.

I totally lost it in the shop this morning when i saw the back page ! How many awful decisions have we had this year from refs already this year and now it will be worse ! I would love miko to sue the fecking sun but i know he can't win !

BAN THE MONKEYS FROM TYNECASTLE ! Now that vlad is back to you think they will hand out bananas in the press box, feck sake frail should come out today and call katie a cheat in his press conference and attack the sfa ! I'll pay the fecking fine myself !

Will the union stand up and protect Miko over him being plastered over evry rag when the word cheat comes out.... doubt it.

Any one have Wisharts emails address?

Just emailed the following to the sun's sports editor andy swinburne.

Andy,

As you are sports editor i assume you are responsible for your papers sports output. With that in mind the decision to carry a picture of Mikoliunas in an apparent 'dive' alongside your cheats charter story rests with you.

The question, in light of the weekends old firm game, is WHY?

Why not a picture of Kevin Thomson cheating on saturday?

Why not a picture of Kirk Broadfoot cheating on saturday?

Are you and your paper scared to highlight cheating by old firm players in case it affects your circulation?

Are you and your paper scared to highlight cheating by old firm players in case you lose out on 'exclusives' from the old firm?

The decision to go with a picture of Mikoliunas continues the witch hunt against the player, reeks of bias and fear and is a terrible indictment on the scottish media as a whole.

I await your response to all the points above eagerly

Andy,

As you are sports editor i assume you are responsible for your papers sports output. With that in mind the decision to carry a picture of Mikoliunas in an apparent 'dive' alongside your cheats charter story rests with you.

Are you and your paper scared to highlight cheating by old firm players in case it affects your circulation?

Are you and your paper scared to highlight cheating by old firm players in case you lose out on 'exclusives' from the old firm?

The decision to go with a picture of Mikoliunas continues the witch hunt against the player, reeks of bias and fear and is a terrible indictment on the scottish media as a whole.

...specially since a previous poster says the photo is of Miko in a Hearts top.

forrester_jambo

Andy,

Cant see everyone's arguement here miko IS a cheat end of.

That we agree on. Its the sheer hypocrisy and double standards that we are getting angry about.:cool_shades:

Hah - good one. I see what you're doing there. Very clever!

forrester_jambo
Hah - good one. I see what you're doing there. Very clever!

????? ok then ?????? so you say miko is no cheat.

Why a picture of miko though?

Especially after Thomson and Broadfoot's blatant cheating on saturday. The Scotland incident was months ago and theres been scores of dives since.

gorgie rd eh11

Open your eyes mate. This story is back in the papers because kevin thomson cheated playing for rangers. So why have they not used his photo?

Geoff Kilpatrick

Like The Sun would care!

????? ok then ?????? so you say miko is no cheat.

Just winding you up.

Like you are winding us up.

Forgot the sarcasm smiley.

Yeah Miko blatantly dived in an international game, wearing a Lithuania top, not a Hearts top, last September.

And so?

An international game ... not really in Gordon Smith's jurisdiction then.

forrester_jambo
Why a picture of miko though?

Especially after Thomson and Broadfoot's blatant cheating on saturday. The Scotland incident was months ago and theres been scores of dives since.

Quite simply it has to be someone. Reverse it here if they pictured Thomson would the rangers fans say nothing ? or say " why thomson there has been scores of dives this season why us " cry cry cry!!!!!!! fact remains he is a cheat yes and so is thomson broadfoot etc........... but cmon do we care that much ?

Dr. Bapswent

Andy,

That'll give them a good laugh.

Andy,

What's the e-mail address? Thanks! :)

On page 57, next to a related article there is a picture with the words "THE SMITH BLUEPRINT ON CHEATS". The picture there looks to me like it could be Thomson (although I admit that it's a 1/4 of the size of the one of Miko, it is also in black and white and a little blurred)

And I still find it pretty rotten that they've chosen to go with Miko on the back page. The boy has been assaulted in almost every match since and has barely had a free-kick awarded to him.

Sorry can you please tell me when miko has dive for hearts recently ? or even this season (serious question as i have being to almost every game this season and can't remember it) or has the boy have 10 tons of ****e kicked out of him every time he goes on the pitch ! He gets nothing from refs, i remember 3 games in a row in januray when we should have had pens but our players were booked for diving ! what planet have you being on for the last few months ? have you being to a hearts game ?

As has been mentioned, Miko is pictured in The Sun wearing a Hearts top. Now it may simply be lazy journalism or just an attempt to get it up yee to HMFC ( probably both ) but my point ( pedantic perhaps ) is that Miko WAS INDEED convicted of diving by UEFA .........whilst playing for his national side though. However he has, to my knowledge, not been CHARGED with the same whilst wearing a Hearts jersey. He has received several UNJUSTIFIED yellow cards for same ( as have numerous other SPL players .....many Scots included ) but having never actually been cited for such a breach of conduct by the GFA, would that article not then be bordering on the LIBELLOUS ? :P

The strapline under the photo says something like "players like Mikoliunas who have a reputation for cheating would be targetted ... " blah ...

The Old Tolbooth
Sorry can you please tell me when miko has dive for hearts recently ? or even this season (serious question as i have being to almost every game this season and can't remember it) or has the boy have 10 tons of ****e kicked out of him every time he goes on the pitch ! He gets nothing from refs, i remember 3 games in a row in januray when we should have had pens but our players were booked for diving ! what planet have you being on for the last few months ? have you being to a hearts game ?

Totally agree with you mate, I'm sick and tired of people labelling Miko a cheat because he dived for his country against Scotland! If he had dived against England he would have been a complete hero and nothing would have been said, it's typical of the pure hypocrisy that exists amongst this nations stinking football rags.

Also, can anyone enlighten me to a case where Miko actually dived whilst in a Hearts shirt and was booked for it, then after having seen the TV evidence it had proved that his dive was as bad as the one when playing for his country? I cant think of any at all!

The lad gets kicked up and down the pitch almost every week that he plays and gets absolutely NOTHING from refs or linesmen, I dont see them treating Lee Miller, Kirk Broadfoot, Barry Ferguson, Chris Burke, Nakamura, Naismith, Thomson, Benji, Zemmama, Dean Shiels, Noel Hunt, Stuart Grainger, Pedro Moutinho or David Clarkson the same way (these are off the top of my head).

Anyone who cant see that there's an agenda against Miko needs to remove their head from their erse IMO! Maybe racist is too strong a word to use, but witch hunt fits the bill perfectly.

Yes, this was a disgrace - I do not think they mentioned Thompson either (or Nakamura, or the other Old Firm cheats, past and present).

WHat is also a disgrace is the infmaous Miko dive happened when playing for Lithuania, not Hearts, so why show that picture.

What I would also like to ask the Sun - and I am sure they have journalists that read here is why?

I would also like them to confirm, what game that picture was taken from?

Can they confirm it definitely was not a free kick to Hearts after, or a foul that was not given?

Can they confirm it was defiently a dive, and not just there opinion - as no free kick does not necessary mean a dive?

I am not surprised though, the Sun had some making up to do after Leckie slated Thompson on Monday.

bean counter

Does a cheats charter only apply to players that take a dive ?

What about players that deliberatly use their hands\arms to control the ball ( No not goalkeepers )

Maybe he is, but the one thing that has happened over this weekend is that:-

The vast mjority of journalists, while mentioning the Thomson dive, haven't persecuted him.

The Players Union have publicly backed Thomson

As have Rangers rightly as he is their, but Celtic have remained quiet.

This is very dangerous ground Smith is leading football to. He will get away with it because of the factors above:-

No OF player will be persecuted by the press,

The SPFA will stand by high profile OF players rather than other members.

The OF will stand by each other

OF cheats will NEVER booked retrospectively.

FIFA Uefa SFA bang on about fair play. Fair play starts from the top.

Maybe he is, but the one thing that has happened over this weekend is that:-

The vast mjority of journalists, while mentioning the Thomson dive, haven't persecuted him.

The Players Union have publicly backed Thomson

As have Rangers rightly as he is their, but Celtic have remained quiet.

This is very dangerous ground Smith is leading football to. He will get away with it because of the factors above:-

No OF player will be persecuted by the press,

The SPFA will stand by high profile OF players rather than other members.

The OF will stand by each other

OF cheats will NEVER booked retrospectively.

FIFA Uefa SFA bang on about fair play. Fair play starts from the top.

That's the bit I don't understand.

Yeah, I know - "you need me as much as I need you" kinda thing, but you'd like to think they'd love dropping each other in it?

Seymour M Hersh

Yeah, I know - "you need me as much as I need you" kinda thing, but you'd like to think they'd love dropping each other in it?

They always have and always will work closely together behind the scenes to ensure the duopoly remains intact.:mad:

Amoruso Lets it Run ...

Dear GordHun,

You dirty cheating filthy hypocritical GFA ****.

The irony is you already have a 'Cheating GFA ***** Charter' already published on your very own GFA website you **** .............

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/referee_lists.cfm?viewcategory=1&curpageid=803

Absolutely disgusting despicable GFA ****.

Bindy Badgy

The answer is simple. Don't buy whatever rag it is you're talking about.

Aye it would appear an ideal time to get it up the Gers.............but the Old Firm label came about for a good reason, and it's clearly justified on this showing

Pair of ^^^^ so they are :mad:

I was raging when I saw this.

Its Thomson who has brought diveing in the limelight but them prats have the cheek of showing Miko.

This is the same Miko who has been booked ONCE in his career for diving, he doesnt do it on a regular basis.

And if that F***** Thomson was a Hearts player it wouldnt be off the papers, just becasue he plays for the Huns he gets away from it, and that Hun Wishart shys away from it becasue Thomson is a Rangers players.

Smith ex Ger too, is the whole SFA Rangers associated?

It makes me sick

Would be amazing to do if it would be fair, but as we all know the OF dont really cheat, they just have some fantastic tactics that no other team can try.

Yes we would be top of that list without any SFA rep even having to watch a match involving us.

no no no no no

they don't cheat, you're right.... they are simply "cute" about it

Bindy Badgy
The answer is simple. Don't buy whatever rag it is you're talking about.

Arse. Wrong thread:rolleyes:

Harry Palmer

Good evening.

There are many many MANY guffness, who will decide on Manure! Doctor???

If a player cheats once, is he therefore forever more, a "cheat"?

Or is it only if you get caught?

Can you lose the status of being a "cheat"?

How do you do that? How long do you have to go without "cheating" to lose the title?

Answers will be appreciated.

If a player cheats once, is he therefore forever more, a "cheat"?

Or is it only if you get caught?

Can you lose the status of being a "cheat"?

How do you do that? How long do you have to go without "cheating" to lose the title?

Answers will be appreciated.

It never leaves you. Mud sticks and that's that!

Miko is a cheat, get over it.

Just like Messrs Aitken, Archer and a former elected MSP will forever be labelled liars beyond reproach.

No hypocrisy. We don't have the power to punish players retrospectivey like UEFA, but we soon will have, hopefully!

It never leaves you. Mud sticks and that's that!

Miko is a cheat, get over it.

Just like Messrs Aitken, Archer and a former elected MSP will forever be labelled liars beyond reproach.

No hypocrisy. We don't have the power to punish players retrospectivey like UEFA, but we soon will have, hopefully!

I got over it as soon as it happened, I laughed when he done it in the Scotland game, it was typical Miko, I don't want to be like those in the media (or opposition crowds) that everytime Miko has the ball, in the back of my mind I'm saying he's going to dive. That's just sad. I think he is a real talent (potentially) and at a few points in his Hearts career (only a few) he has actually been one of the better performers in the SPL.

The strapline under the photo says something like "players like Mikoliunas who have a reputation for cheating would be targetted ... " blah ...

Targeted - what like he already has with scores of 'honest Scottish laddies' being given freedom to kick and hack him in every match without rebuke from the referee?

If this rule is about fairness and eradicating 'simulation' then they cannot 'target' players on reputation, they must be as objective as possible.

Wonder what odds the bookies would give us on a Hearts player being the first player cited......:mad:

I got over it as soon as it happened, I laughed when he done it in the Scotland game, it was typical Miko, I don't want to be like those in the media (or opposition crowds) that everytime Miko has the ball, in the back of my mind I'm saying he's going to dive. That's just sad. I think he is a real talent (potentially) and at a few points in his Hearts career (only a few) he has actually been one of the better performers in the SPL.

1 Yes , it was typical but he was indulged by too many people at the time.

2 He is the 'real talent' that did nowt for two seasons and who has dragged Hearts name down into the mud.

3 No he hasn't . Since 'Daviesgate' numerous fans have made numerous excuses for him. He is a diving cheat who has cheated the club financially for years.

Archived