Anyone a mechanic or panel beater? Advice sought.

Vlad-Stupid

Vlad-Stupid

Some thoroughly nice chap recently drove his car all the way the passenger side of mine while it was parked scraping the paint along the front door and caving in the rear door. I can get a replacement rear door for around ?80-100. My question is how easy is it to fit the new one? Electric windows and central locking etc?

My other option is obviously to get it fixed, tbh it could do with a full respray (just the outside, not inside doors, engine bay etc) as some gimps have keyed along both sides of the car plus the boot lid. The car is an 02 plate so the paintwork is starting to look dated and could be doing with a freshening up anyways. Anyone any idea how much roughly this would cost including fixing the dents etc?

I cant be arsed throwing too much money at it at the end of the day, I might be as well trading it in and taking a loss as opposed to spending a lot of cash and still getting a crap trade in price.

Some thoroughly nice chap recently drove his car all the way the passenger side of mine while it was parked scraping the paint along the front door and caving in the rear door. I can get a replacement rear door for around ?80-100. My question is how easy is it to fit the new one? Electric windows and central locking etc?

My other option is obviously to get it fixed, tbh it could do with a full respray (just the outside, not inside doors, engine bay etc) as some gimps have keyed along both sides of the car plus the boot lid. The car is an 02 plate so the paintwork is starting to look dated and could be doing with a freshening up anyways. Anyone any idea how much roughly this would cost including fixing the dents etc?

I cant be arsed throwing too much money at it at the end of the day, I might be as well trading it in and taking a loss as opposed to spending a lot of cash and still getting a crap trade in price.

The evidence suggests otherwise.

Archived