As it stands what's our strongest 11

Clerry Jambo

Clerry Jambo

If everyone is fit what's your first 11, I'll get the heid protection oot first :rolleyes:

Kello

Hamill Zal Webster Wallace

Black

Temps Skatch Taioul

Elliott Sutton

If everyone is fit what's your first 11, I'll get the heid protection oot first :rolleyes:

Kello

Black

Temps Skatch Taioul

Elliott Sutton

If everyone is fit, KK first name on team sheet.

Clerry Jambo

If everyone is fit, KK first name on team sheet.

I prefer Sutton as I believe he will get more goals and is more mobile

fit? or at the club?

Fit:

Kello

Hammil Webster Zal Wallace

Stevenson Robinson

Temps Taouil Obua/Arvy

Sutton

At the club:

Kello

Stevenson Taouil Denis

__________________Driver

Elliott Kyle

When all fit, nice selection headache upfront. Went with the ones I know, basically.

Kello

Black

Temps Skatch Taioul

Elliott Sutton

Driver for Taoul. Simply because Taoul doensn't consider himself (of his previous manager) to play well in that position.

He should be cover for Rudi in the center, even then I think robinson or Holt would have been fine. Don't undersand the logic behind signing him TBH!

Charlie-Brown

Kello

Hamill Zaliukas Webster Wallace

Novikovas Holt Robinson Templeton

Sutton Kyle

Clerry Jambo

fit? or at the club?

Fit:

Kello

Stevenson Robinson

Temps Taouil Obua/ArvySutton

At the club:

Kello

Stevenson Taouil Denis

__________________Driver

Elliott Kyle

When all fit, nice selection headache upfront. Went with the ones I know, basically.

Cheating IBH, make yir mind up :P

Kello

Hamill Zaliukas Webster Wallace

Novikovas Holt Robinson Templeton

Sutton Kyle

I doubt you could get away with playing 4-4-2 with Temps and Novikovas with two experienced central midfielders. Doing it with two youngsters is asking to be overrun in midfield. Not meant to be a criticism of Holt or Robinson, but it wouldn't be an ideal system to introduce two young players imo (especially not at the same time).

Charlie-Brown

I doubt you could get away with playing 4-4-2 with Temps and Novikovas with two experienced central midfielders. Doing it with two youngsters is asking to be overrun in midfield. Not meant to be a criticism of Holt or Robinson, but it wouldn't be an ideal system to introduce two young players imo (especially not at the same time).

Maybe we could drop one of Kyle or Sutton and bolster the midfield with Prychynenko in that case.

Novikovas Holt Prychynenko Robinson Templeton

Sutton (or Kyle)

Happier now?

Maybe we could drop one of Kyle or Sutton and bolster the midfield with Prychynenko in that case.

Sutton (or Kyle)

Happier now?

I think our squad works better with 4-5-1, because we have a lot of wide players who don't contribute too much at the back, and that leaves the central midfielders exposed with 4-4-2. I hope JJ does play some of the young players, although having all three central midfielders having virtually no SPL experience is probably pushing our luck a bit.

Walter Bishop

GK Kello

RB Hamill

CH Webster

CH Zaliukas

LB Grainger

RM Driver

DM Obua

CM Holt

CM Skacel

LM Wallace

CF Kyle

SUBS: Balogh, Tauoil, Templeton, Robinson, Elliott, Prynchenko, Sutton

chester copperpot

Kello

Grainger McGowan Webster Wallace

Templeton Taouil Skacel Driver

Sutton Kyle

We'd get messed, but it looks pretty good going forward.

Clerry Jambo

Kello

Grainger McGowan Webster Wallace

Templeton Taouil Skacel Driver

Sutton Kyle

We'd get messed, but it looks pretty good going forward.

Exactly Chester, most are either filling up the midfield which is a weak sign immediately, or flooding the side with our attacking options which I done aswell.

I think it just confirms what most of us think in that the centre midfield is STILL a problem area for us.

Some people, let's just play a bunch of 18 year olds eh. Be realistic, experience is key too.

Kello

Hamill

Zal

Webster

Wallace

Black

Denis/Robinson

Elliott

Taouil

Temps

Sutton/Kyle

4-2-3-1 worked well for us last year I think, but if we go to 4-4-2 then that's fine too, with Elliott supporting one of the big men.

I think in the same way Zal and Webster dont appeared to have gelled then I would doubt if Sutton and Kyle when both fit can play together.

I feel the movement of Elliott is important and there is more to come, I never understood the Taouil signing personally as thought we were well covered. Rudi is a hard one as I love him as a player but you have to fill midfield with with guys who are prepared to work for him.

Based on this gonna maybe controversially go for

Kello

Hamill

Webster

Barr

Wallace

Temps

Black

Jonsson

Suso

Kyle

Elliott

Early days but Sutton did little at Berlin, not judging on one game though just that KK has proven himslef for us. Black and Mrowiec, Jonsson only ones who are ball winners and picked the two that maybe have better technique but TBH dont care a lot for any of them and feel possibly like others do in central mid others need to be tried.

I feel the strength is in the flanks with KK in the air and sleeves feeding off him. Like Hamill and alt5hough Barr has much to prove I think we need an alternative to Zal/Webster and we need to assess McGowan also

Happy with Goalie, Defence if we solve the Zal/Webster thing, Flanks and forwards just feel the midfield in the centre and alas Rudi`s work rate are a tad weak

EDIT : sorry knew I had watched Sutton one more game. He was off the pace v Ludwigsfelde a bit also and given the level they play at anticipated a bit more

Jambothroughandthrough

Kello

Hamill Webster Zaliukas Wallace

Black Obua

Temps Skacel Driver

Elliott Kyle

Only a Game

Kello

Hamill

Zaliukas

Webster

Wallace

Suso

Robinson

Skacel

Templeton

Sutton

Kyle

Subs : Balogh, Holt, Driver, Touill, Elliott, McGowan Jonsson

Not sure about the central defensive partnership but individually they are the best two centre halfs at the club so I've picked them both.

Not sure about the balance of the midfield but offensively they are the 4 best so Ive picked all of them

Not sure if Kyle and Sutton will be able to play together or if they will ever be picked to play together but they appear on paper to be the two best so Ive picked both of them.

Quite a strong bench also.

Kello

Black Obua

Temps Skacel Driver

Elliott Kyle

This!

Hearts need to start leading the way in Scotland, and pioneering the 4,2,3,2 formation, the 12th player on the pitch will certainly put in a good place to win any match. :thumbsup:

Toxteth O'Grady

Kello

Black Obua

Temps Skacel Driver

Elliott Kyle

Counting problems?

Only a Game

This!

Hearts need to start leading the way in Scotland, and pioneering the 4,2,3,2 formation, the 12th player on the pitch will certainly put in a good place to win any match. :thumbsup:

Ewan should know by now that only The OF are allowed 12 men, and one of them has to wear black.

Toxteth O'Grady

Maybe not possibly the third row was Just an observation ?

:lol:

who will be our corner taker now?

Black Obua

Stating the blooming obvious, methinks.

Difficult because I haven't seen all our new signings yet but from what I have heard I'd give young Robinson a run in the side and try a 4-4-1-1 like this

Kello

Hamill, Zal, Webster, Wallace

Templeton, Black, Robinson, Driver

Rudi

Kyle

Obviously if all 100% fit.

It amazes me how many folk have Obua in their team, particularly as a holding midfielder! He couldn't tackle a fish supper, and 1 good game against part-timers doesn't make him any good.

Sutton (or Kyle)

Happier now?

That midfield is a stroke of genius. Throw all the youngsters in and to hell with winning games or accumulating points.

________________Kello

Hammill__Zaliukas__Webster__Wallace

Suso________Denis__Black__Rudi

___________Sutton__Elliott

Clerry Jambo

We all appear to be singing from the same song sheet in regards the back 5.

If we had a RB, would anyone like to see Hamill in one of the centre mid areas?

A wee edit: could Barr fill that RB spot, the guy hasn't really had a run in the team

Kello

Hammil Webster Zaliukas Wallace

Suso Robinson Skacel Templeton

Elliott Kyle

Bench: Balogh, McGowan, Jonsson, Prychynenko, Taouil, Driver, Sutton

It amazes me how many folk have Obua in their team, particularly as a holding midfielder! He couldn't tackle a fish supper, and 1 good game against part-timers doesn't make him any good.

With all the players we have at the club, I'm quite frankly astonished anyone would have obua anywhere near their ideal starting line up.

I'm not an obua hater but he's not had very many good performances over the last season or so.

A wee edit: could Barr fill that RB spot, the guy hasn't really had a run in the team

He had a spell in the side around the time of our cup exit to falkirk last season. I don't see why he should or would be included just because we are starting a new season. All he has shown since coming to hearts is that he is not anywhere near good enough.

I spoke briefly to him at the airport, seems a nice guy and he was adamant he just wanted to play and would do so anywhere if the gaffer picked him.

I pressed him a bit about his preference i.e RB or CH and eventually albeit reluctantly he stated he prefers the middle. Thats probably why I put him in my team but concede he has a bit of work to do yet. But if he could become the Darren Barr at CH that Falkirk had he would deserve a place IMO

Only a Game

I dont know a great deal about Hamill and Ive only seen him at right back for 45 minutes against minor opposition. At first glance he looks like a pretty decent right back. Also at first glance he didnt look like he could add anything major to the right side of our midfield, or the centre of it for that matter.

I think one of the things we have to sort out this season is to try and play as many players as possible in the natural and best positions. I think we've suffered from shoehorning players into positions they're not all that comfortable with.

If it looks like a right back, and it feels like a right back, then its probably a right back in other words.

I dont think Barr is a good enough right back from what Ive seen, although I'd give him another shot at centre half if the chance arose (wouldnt be my first choice), which I think is his best position

I dont know a great deal about Hamill and Ive only seen him at right back for 45 minutes against minor opposition. At first glance he looks like a pretty decent right back. Also at first glance he didnt look like he could add anything major to the right side of our midfield, or the centre of it for that matter.

I think one of the things we have to sort out this season is to try and play as many players as possible in the natural and best positions. I think we've suffered from shoehorning players into positions they're not all that comfortable with.

If it looks like a right back, and it feels like a right back, then its probably a right back in other words.

I dont think Barr is a good enough right back from what Ive seen, although I'd give him another shot at centre half if the chance arose (wouldnt be my first choice), which I think is his best position

JJ will always opt for his 4-4-1-1

So if all fit, the best we heave at the club(IMHO)

Kello

Hammill Webster Zal Wallace

Temps Black Skacel Driver

Taouill

Kyle

Subs: McDonald, Suso, Grainger, Elliott, Novi, Sutton, Barr

When all are fit and on form (imagine that!):

Kello

Hammill

Zaliukas

Webster

Wallace

Black

Mrowiec

Suso

Skacel

Driver

King Kev

Only a Game

JJ will always opt for his 4-4-1-1

So if all fit, the best we heave at the club(IMHO)

Kello

Hammill Webster Zal Wallace

Temps Black Skacel Driver

Taouill

Kyle

Subs: McDonald, Suso, Grainger, Elliott, Novi, Sutton, Barr

Like most of the line-ups already posted, that team would be good enough for a comfortable 3rd. Its now just a question of keeping them all and getting them all fit.

Johanes de Silentio

Virtually impossible to pick our strongest eleven without knowing whether Rudi will be involved.

I wanna play a game.

Players who should (maybe) be in our starting line-up: (imo, and assuming they are fit, etc)

Hamill, Wallace, Webster, Suso, Kyle, Elliott, Templeton, Sutton, Skacel, Taouil, Kello, Zaliukas, Robinson - that's thirteen.

From those who should be in the XI:

Kello

Hamill - Zal - Webster - Wallace

Suso - Taouil - Skacel - Temps

Elliott - Sutton

But it's a bit lightweight, a bit gung-ho, and lacking in defensive cover.

So Suso (say) drops out, and we bring in Mrowiec or Jonsson to hold it in midfield.

Except their passing/control is poor.

So we bring in Black, but is he up to it?

In conclusion: centre-mid is our weak point - most games are won or lost in there.

I'm hoping that Denis, Robinson, and Holt can help.

When all are fit and on form (imagine that!):

Kello

Hammill

Zaliukas

Webster

Wallace

Black

Mrowiec

Suso

Skacel

Driver

King Kev

This will be the formation we will play but I would prefer to see Templeton rather than Driver. Also there is no chance that Denis will be in the starting XI.

Only a Game

Virtually impossible to pick our strongest eleven without knowing whether Rudi will be involved.

I wanna play a game.

Players who should (maybe) be in our starting line-up: (imo, and assuming they are fit, etc)

Hamill, Wallace, Webster, Suso, Kyle, Elliott, Templeton, Sutton, Skacel, Taouil, Kello, Zaliukas, Robinson - that's thirteen.

From those who should be in the XI:

Kello

Hamill - Zal - Webster - Wallace

Suso - Taouil - Skacel - Temps

Elliott - Sutton

But it's a bit lightweight, a bit gung-ho, and lacking in defensive cover.

So Suso (say) drops out, and we bring in Mrowiec or Jonsson to hold it in midfield.

Except their passing/control is poor.

So we bring in Black, but is he up to it?

In conclusion: centre-mid is our weak point - most games are won or lost in there.

I'm hoping that Denis, Robinson, and Holt can help.

One of the solutions to the poor quality defensive aspect of our available midfield players might well be to go on the front foot and keep teams busy and pose teams more problems in midfield than they pose us.

Celtic did just that for years and years. Covered defensive frailties by attacking people, with decent quality in attacking and wide midfield areas and at relentless pace. Not sure we've quite got the ammunition to do that exactly but it might be worth thinking about

I'm going for a cavalier 4-4-1-1 formation

Obua
Obua - Obua- Obua- Obua- 
Obua - Obua- Obua- Obua- 
       	Obua
 	    Obua

Don't think I'd play Skacel at Ibrox. Would prefer to go in with Holt.

If Kyle and Driver were fully fit I'd rate us a very good chance.

Will be able to blood a good few of the youngsters a month later when Hibs come to call and give fringe players like Darren Barr a go.

Kello

Jonsonn

Templeton Robinson Driver

Elliott

Sutton

Kello

Hammill, webster, zal, Wallace

Black

temps,Tauoil,Driver

Sutton,Kyle

Subs. Bal, Mcgeown, grainger, prych, Rudi, Mrowic elliott

Captain America

GK Kello

RB Hammill

CB Zaliukas Webster

LB Wallace

DMC Jonsson

RW Templeton

LW Driver

AMC Robinson

STR Kyle Elliott

Yeah I agree about your point with Temps, at present I would have him ahead of Driver too. I just said in an ideal world if everyone was fit and on form then I would have Driver in the team ahead of Temps based on his performances of old for us. I didn't include Denis Prychenko in my line up? Or was that point aimed at other posters?

This will be the formation we will play but I would prefer to see Templeton rather than Driver. Also there is no chance that Denis will be in the starting XI.

Kello

Black

Temps Skatch Taioul

Elliott Sutton

kello

grainger zaliukas webster wallace

hamill prychnenko skacel temps

kyle sutton

subs balogh, barr, jonsson, taouil, holt

or balogh, smith, elliott, robinson, black

Archived