Thomson maybe on loan to other club (merged threads)

hmfc fan

Alan Mclarens interview just on ssn , The reporter said something about a loan deal , Would you be happy with this , I wouldnt

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
grumpyjambo

Alan Mclarens interview just on ssn , The reporter said something about a loan deal , Would you be happy with this , I wouldnt

I kind of get the impression that legally Hearts cannot sack him so a sideways move seems like the best option.

kingantti1874

i think i speak for the majority when i say ' i dont care' im happy he wont play for hearts and thats the end of that...

cmon guys - lets put this one to bed

More to the point who is going to want him?

Kaunas

Basically it's go there or nowhere I think.

Yes,

Can I ask why you wouldn't? What difference would it be if he left us and permanently signed for another club?

Supposedly was mention that he may go to Kaunas!

I'd find that slightly amusing if i'm honest.

Geoff Kilpatrick

If I was him, I'd retire first and push trolleys round Asda.

Mind you, could Asda cope with the pitchforks and torches?

Fxxx the SPFL

Yes,

Can I ask why you wouldn't? What difference would it be if he left us and permanently signed for another club?

As it says on the tin on loan would imply still on Hearts books, he needs to be punted full time.:down:

As it says on the tin on loan would imply still on Hearts books, he needs to be punted full time.:down:

Other than for selfish reasons, why would that make a difference to punting him and someone taking him on?

If he goes on loan for the remainder of his contract, I would not object.

Coburg Hearts

So lets get this. Some people are not happy that his career with Hearts is over, added to the fact the courts have given their punishment. No, some people would like to drive him out of the UK, and that not being enough, drive him out of Europe. (Last time I looked Kaunas was in Europe)

What next? Drive him out of his mind until he tops himself?

Have some people so little compassion that they want to draw the last drop of blood out of him. I just hope that they never make a serious mistake in their lives, but it seems they are all mr/mrs perfect.

Drylaw Hearts

So lets get this. Some people are not happy that his career with Hearts is over, added to the fact the courts have given their punishment. No, some people would like to drive him out of the UK, and that not being enough, drive him out of Europe. (Last time I looked Kaunas was in Europe)

Have some people so little compassion that they want to draw the last drop of blood out of him. I just hope that they never make a serious mistake in their lives, but it seems they are all mr/mrs perfect.

There is mistakes and then there is perving on children.

The People's Chimp

Time to start melting the ST smartcards and sending them back to Tynie. rolleyes.gif

Coburg Hearts

So you'd like him to top himself?

mahgrassyshoes

Time to start melting the ST smartcards and sending them back to Tynie. rolleyes.gif

I'm starting a collection of season cards that are being returned to melt down and turn into a cross shaped stake. I'm then going to gather my garlic cloves and stake and head round to his house and drive it into his chest. Only sure fire way to get rid of a poeda peadof nonce.dry.gif

He wont be playing for Hearts next season. Now lets draw a line under it and look forward to Friday's draw and what could be a very good season for Hearts.

Differentiating between mistakes and trying to groom kids hardly leads to the conclusion that one would like to see a suicide.

I'd also add that it is very hard to be compassionate about someone who has systematically and knowingly gone out of his way to entrap a young girl. The only "positive" from this whole sorry affair is that he never managed to get his hands on any of his victims.

I think , on the whole, that people are compassionate and forgiving about a great deal many things. Child grooming and sexual exploitation isn't one of them though.

But then that's just my opinion.

Nucky Thompson

He will never play for Hearts again! That's good enough for me :thumbsup:

Drylaw Hearts

Did I say that ?

All I want is for him to GTF and cut all ties with Hearts.

What he does after that I couldn't really care.

Coburg Hearts

Differentiating between mistakes and trying to groom kids hardly leads to the conclusion that one would like to see a suicide.

I'd also add that it is very hard to be compassionate about someone who has systematically and knowingly gone out of his way to entrap a young girl. The only "positive" from this whole sorry affair is that he never managed to get his hands on any of his victims.

I think , on the whole, that people are compassionate and forgiving about a great deal many things. Child grooming and sexual exploitation isn't one of them though.

But then that's just my opinion.

All fair points, Boris, but what I'm trying to get at is some peoples unquenchable thirst for blood. Thomson had to be punished, I'm sure no one is disputing that, but where does it stop?

That's all I'm asking, really.

BTW, if our Justice Minister can show compassion to the biggest mass murderer in modern times and set him free, then surely it's not asking too much that CT might possibly receive a little in the future.

Coburg Hearts

All I want is for him to GTF and cut all ties with Hearts.

What he does after that I couldn't really care.

We can at least agree on that.

Still being paid a wage from the club is a bit of a shanner but it's better than him playing in maroon. I still think Vlad has some small hope he will get some dosh for him. Could end up in Russia or somewhere, I don't think his career is over by any means.

Drylaw Hearts

All fair points, Boris, but what I'm trying to get at is some peoples unquenchable thirst for blood. Thomson had to be punished, I'm sure no one is disputing that, but where does it stop?

BTW, if our Justice Minister can show compassion to the biggest mass murderer in modern times and set him free, then surely it's not asking too much that CT might possibly receive a little in the future.

There is something different about an adult grooming children that makes them public enemy No.1.

I suspect the odds are high he'll re-offend at some point in his life and I'd just rather he wasn't anywhere near our club when he eventually does.

Coburg Hearts

There is something different about an adult grooming children that makes them public enemy No.1.

I suspect the odds are high he'll re-offend at some point in his life and I'd just rather he wasn't anywhere near our club when he eventually does.

Can't disagree with that, though I hope the bit about re-offending is wrong.

I'm sure everyone would agree that he got that one badly wrong!

Sick to the back teeth of this topic... The morally outraged on here do my head in.

He's gone, we will never see him in a Hearts jersey again... Now get a ******* life or find another cause to crusade!

... I hear they eat puppys in Korea

gorgie rd eh11

I doubt he will.

Coburg Hearts

Big time!!

I see what you mean re the bloodlust. I'm far from a pitchfork and torch type of person myself.

I don't mean to be contrary, but I think the Justice Minister did what he did based on the evidence provided to him at the time and in line with Scots Law.

The fact Al-Magrahi hasn't died yet due to his condition isn't really the Justice Minister's fault.

I'm positive everyone wouldn't - but that's a different thread.

Hearts may well be unable to sack him as the courts have already served "justice". Again, the sentence handed down is for another thread though.

CT not playing again for Hearts will do for me thumbsup.gif

Geoff Kilpatrick

I see what you mean re the bloodlust. I'm far from a pitchfork and torch type of person myself.

I don't mean to be contrary, but I think the Justice Minister did what he did based on the evidence provided to him at the time and in line with Scots Law.

The fact Al-Magrahi hasn't died yet due to his condition isn't really the Justice Minister's fault.

Not forgetting the fact that Al-Megrahi was a patsy but that's a Shed debate.

A pisspoor analogy comparing Thomson to the supposed Lockerbie bomber in the first place.

maroonlegions

"Hearts owner Vladimir Romanov has told convicted sex offender Craig Thomson he will not play for the Scottish Premier League club again".

The club had initially stood by the 20-year-old defender.

But they said on Sunday: "Craig Thomson will leave Heart of Midlothian Football Club imminently.

link; http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14099136.stm

Yes, he is history, no ties to this club, loans or not; :thumbsup:

itsnomarooned

I didn't hear the interview (and there doesn't appear to be anything on the SSN website) but can I clarify what the circumstances were around mention of a loan. Was this just thrown in by the reporter to see the reaction? If so then presumably it's just speculation and nothing more. Also, was Kaunus actually mentioned or has that just been put into a post on here and all of a sudden it's gospel (I've just been approached by a colleague who says that the "rumour" is that he's going to Kaunus - hardly a bona-fide rumour).

The statement on the club website remains somewhat ambiguous but quotes attributed to Romanov are "I have reviewed all the facts of his case and understand he has done a wrong thing. This is a very bad example and he will not playing for the club again." While I accept that Romanov isn't the most predicatble of fellows, this hardly seems consistent with then allowing CT to play at another of his own clubs.

In terms of sacking him that window of opportunity has passed (unless there are further police investigations - which the Scotsman seem to think there are). The position we're in now is that we can part company but will need to negotiate an appropriate compensation in terms of the remainder of his contract.

Creepy Lurker

If the Kaunas rumour is true, then what I'd find disappointing would be that it'd seem probable that the club's stance on this wouldn't seem to have changed at all: rather, his 'dismissal' would be a face-saving exercise aimed at avoiding bad press, while our ownership still tried behind the scenes - for whatever reason - to continue looking after Thomson.

Then again, I'm probably just permanently outraged or something. rolleyes.gif

dellboy1971

Craig thomson to move abroad to one off

ROMANOV other clubs abroad

Would you taken him back once off sex offenders register

In 5 years time

Do you not believe everyone deserves a second chance

He's still young and silly boy

dellboy1971

In 5 years time

In 5 years time

Theres already been a post about it :thumbsup:

I'd be very disappointed if CT moved to one of Vlad's other clubs. He should have no connection with our club. Romanov should want nothing to do with him.

Great. Another Thomson thread. Nice misleading title as well.

I would prefer he never plays for Hearts again.

Creepy Lurker

Haikus can be pretty

But sometimes they make no sense

Refrigerator

It doesn't matter, because nobody will want him in their team and nobody will play with him!

Their fans will be just as incensed by the situation as us!

HE'S AWAY! LET'S F*CKIN' GET ON WITH OUR CLUB!

IT'S OVER!

jamboinglasgow

Am I alone in thinking the club can't win no matter what it does. It makes the wrong decision first time and rightly gets criticised for it. It now has made the correct decision and people are trying to attacking the club on rumours derived from looking too closely at the statement and the comments from an ex player.

Creepy Lurker

Am I alone in thinking the club can't win no matter what it does. It makes the wrong decision first time and rightly gets criticised for it. It now has made the correct decision and people are trying to attacking the club on rumours derived from looking too closely at the statement and the comments from an ex player.

Sorry, mate: you're going to have to clear this one up for me.

Are you suggesting that the only two options open to the club in this instance are either to keep Thomson on as an employee or loan him out to one of Romanov's other clubs? It's quite simple: sack Thomson. Do not send him on loan to another football club in which Romanov has a stake.

I would say, however, that the club now 'can't win' for me. Regardless of what is done now, I'll still have been disappointed by what went before and how long it took for the club to reach the right decision. I won't be boycotting and I won't be self-flagellating for the rest of my life over it, but I will remain disappointed. I hope that's okay.

kingantti1874

HE'S AWAY! LET'S F*CKIN' GET ON WITH OUR CLUB!

IT'S OVER!

absolutely this... this will be my last ever post on a thomson thread, if we stop replying they will go away

Although CT has erred badly, I sympathise with this view.

He has been punished including a ?4000 fine.

He has lost his job which for a young lad is a serious loss of earnings and status.

It is likely that he will never have that earning power again and will find job hunting difficult. How many times and how much must he pay for his sin bearing in mind he didn't actually touch any girl while murderers/rapists are afforded rehabilitation opportunities.

The last thing I would want to do is to defend him or condone what he has done but surely there must be a point at which we say enough is enough and look to see what can be done to help him lead a decent life from now on. If of course he strays once more, all bets are off.

Archived