Moving from 360 to PS3 (yes another gaming thread)

Chrambo

I've got a X-box 360 just now, just over a year old. Its got all its original boxing, controller, leads and 3/4 games. Also got the original hard drive. I'm a bit bored of it so I'm thinking of getting a PS3. Looking at the options a 60 GB is my favored choice, it looks like it has the best advantages.

Can anyone tell me what price I would be looking at getting for the 360, and what the best price on a 60GB PS3 would be?

Any other advice would be great!

:107years::dribble:

jambo walesy
I've got a X-box 360 just now, just over a year old. Its got all its original boxing, controller, leads and 3/4 games. Also got the original hard drive. I'm a bit bored of it so I'm thinking of getting a PS3. Looking at the options a 60 GB is my favored choice, it looks like it has the best advantages.

Can anyone tell me what price I would be looking at getting for the 360, and what the best price on a 60GB PS3 would be?

What Games have you got for it?

Get new games!!

A PS3 has the same games bar a few decent games the 360 doesn't have.

But the 360 has a lot more games and won't cost you about ?100. It's only a few weeks till GTA IV is out so sit tight, get call of duty 4 and chill.

Get new games!!

A PS3 has the same games bar a few decent games the 360 doesn't have.

But the 360 has a lot more games and won't cost you about ?100. It's only a few weeks till GTA IV is out so sit tight, get call of duty 4 and chill.

I've had Call of Duty, I've had so many games that I'm now buying old ones (Saints Row) because I'm bored :(

andy1874hmfc
Moving from 360 to PS3

Trust me it will be back to the 360 shortly.

I had both but traded in the PS3 because it was no where near as good as the 360

Xbox Live? I'd get bored of Call of Duty as well if it never had the multiplayer.

Honestly, it will cost you ?35 a year for Xbox Live. You keep the same console and save money. Changing console won't unbore you from the games as there are only 2 I would play on the PS3 that are exclusive to that platform.

Ryan Gosling

I've lost 3 days of my life on R6V online.

I've killed 49 people, and been killed 900 times, and I keep going back for more.

I've lost 3 days of my life on R6V online.

I've killed 49 people, and been killed 900 times, and I keep going back for more.

Seriously?:eek::107years:

I will take it all off your hands for ?100?

:)

( just posted this in another gaming thread, saw it fit to post it here too. )

Now is exactly the right time to get a ps3.

Plenty of games on the ps3 just now to keep you entertained, cod4, burnout, uncharted drakes fortune, ratchet and clank, resistance.......

The only diffirence between the 60gb model and the 40gb model is : The 40gb model contains no memory card reader-never used mine anyway. The 40gb model cannot play PS2 games, it is able to play the majority of PS1 games though. These are the only diffirences of the two models.

The ?299 40gb model comes with Gran Turismo 5 : Prologue

Cant really go wrong at that price for a top of the range blu ray player, and a top notch games console

These are some of the games that are out also in the next few months

Now: Gran Turismo 5 : Prologue

April : Grand theft auto IV, This will be game of the year, online sounds unbelievable

May : Wipeout HD

June : Metal Gear Solid 4

July : Socom

August : Resistance Fall of man 2, Killzone 2

September : Little Big Planet , google this game, gonna be big.

October : The new Pro probably

Then in 09 you have games like God of war 3, Drakes 2, two new final fanstasy games.... and many more unannounced games...

Also the PS3 is updated every month or two to include new functions which are sometimes really good

The PS3 can also play DiVX movies which are really good if you like getting "content" off the net

The online system works superb, no lag, and im sure you've heard about Sonys new online service "Home" this will be hitting sometime before July and will really bolster the online experience on the PS3

( just posted this in another gaming thread, saw it fit to post it here too. )

Now is exactly the right time to get a ps3.

Plenty of games on the ps3 just now to keep you entertained, cod4, burnout, uncharted drakes fortune, ratchet and clank, resistance.......

The only diffirence between the 60gb model and the 40gb model is : The 40gb model contains no memory card reader-never used mine anyway. The 40gb model cannot play PS2 games, it is able to play the majority of PS1 games though. These are the only diffirences of the two models.

The ?299 40gb model comes with Gran Turismo 5 : Prologue

Cant really go wrong at that price for a top of the range blu ray player, and a top notch games console

These are some of the games that are out also in the next few months

April : Grand theft auto IV, This will be game of the year, online sounds unbelievable

June : Metal Gear Solid 4

July : Socom

August : Resistance Fall of man 2, Killzone 2

September : Little Big Planet , google this game, gonna be big.

Then in 09 you have games like God of war 3, Drakes 2, two new final fanstasy games.... and many more unannounced games...

Also the PS3 is updated every month or two to include new functions which are sometimes really good

The PS3 can also play DiVX movies which are really good if you like getting "content" off the net

The online system works superb, no lag, and im sure you've heard about Sonys new online service "Home" this will be hitting sometime before July and will really bolster the online experience on the PS3

What a heap of **** the online service is superb ha ha.Have you played Pes2008 or Unreal 3.As for the games you list there is no way we will see Resistance 2 or Killzone 2 in August.Also Psn store is crap but it is changing in the next couple of weeks but the content will still be very poor and download times are slow as feck.

My pet hate with the PS3 though is whats with the download and then install everything it's meant to be the better machine so why can't it do both jobs at once like the 360.Firmware updates take about 1min on the 360 but take about 20-30mins on the PS3.So now the good,it's a great multi media machine Blu Ray movies are great and Dvd upscaling is great.There are some great games coming out but it is all a bit sparse like one biggy a month.One last gripe though games are ?5 dearer on the PS3 than the 360,why is this.

Dean Winchester
The 40gb model cannot play PS2 games, it is able to play the majority of PS1 games though. These are the only diffirences of the two models.

So its supposedly this great console but it isnt even fully backwards compatible with the better of its two previous incarnations...?

Great demo, I'm sureB]

More people will buy it for the 360... Plus the 360 has a much superior and larger online platform

Always been an awful game anyway :dribble:

Which will be on every other console as well:confused:

Now for the 360 the exclusives look like this...

Just Cause 2

Saints Row 2

GoW 2

Halo Wars

Too Human

Huxley

Ninja Gaiden 2

C&C 3 Expansion

Alan Wake

Fable 2

Mass Effect 2/3

Silent Hill 5

360 can do this as well...

And I'm sure the service that has been plagued with errors and performance issues since launch will just suddenly outperform Xbox Live "this july"

Just Cause 2

Saints Row 2

Mass Effect 2 / 3

Theres 3 exclusives to strike off your list.

All the rest are generic shooters, fair enough most are shooters with ps3 too but u have little big planet and so on...

I have the 360 too and the online functions are superb. The only thing that draws me to my ps3 is the games and that most of my mates r online with the ps3 too.

Home is only in beta testing atm so it will look buggy, its not trying to be like Live, the PS3 already has all the functions of Live bar the in-game communication we will get in a month or so

Both are great consoles IMO. Just the original games swings me 2 ps3

Just Cause 2

Saints Row 2

Mass Effect 2 / 3

Theres 3 exclusives to strike off your list.

All the rest are generic shooters, fair enough most are shooters with ps3 too but u have little big planet and so on...

I have the 360 too and the online functions are superb. The only thing that draws me to my ps3 is the games and that most of my mates r online with the ps3 too.

Home is only in beta testing atm so it will look buggy, its not trying to be like Live, the PS3 already has all the functions of Live bar the in-game communication we will get in a month or so

Both are great consoles IMO. Just the original games swings me 2 ps3

Mass Effect is not going to the PS3,it's published by Microsoft and the first Saints Row was only exclusive because the PS3 was not out at the time and as for Just Cause who cares the first one was ****.How can you say the games swing it for you if most are on both consoles and the biggest exclusives lie with Microsoft MGS and Final Fantasy are old hat where are the PS3'S big new franchise(bar Resistance and Motorstorm) games thsat are exclusive ?

Im sorry my PS3 is just a glorified Blu Ray player right now until the likes of Motorstorm 2,Resistance 2 Little Big Planet and God Of War 3 comes along.

Google : Dual Shock 3

I know, but... does the PS3 have vibration just now?

It's criminal that they have to make you pay another ?20 for another controller just because it vibrates!

You have fun with it though.

MGS4 wont be old hat, this game or GTAIV will be game of the year.

The next mass effect games will be released by EA tell me an EA exclusive

What are these big MS exclusives you speak of?

Gears of War 2 comes out later this year. MGS4 has no chance of game of the year. It will be GTA as it is out on both consoles and has a much larger audience that love it.

Tell me, do you think the 360 or PS3 will shift more copies of GTA?

BoJack Horseman

The PS3 pads are so light. Really don't feel right.

Anyway as stated in a pretty similar thread (exactly the same i'd say), stick with your Xbox. You'll be gutted come the 29th of April when there's noone on the PSN to play at GTAIV (slight exaggeration but you know what I mean).

As a gaming console, at the moment, the Xbox is superior for choice of games and online games. As a blu-ray player, well, obviously the PS3 is better, but surely this is about games?

Update 2: BioWare tells GameDaily that the developer's "focus is pure and simple; it's to deliver the best game possible for our fans with Mass Effect, and that's an Xbox 360 exclusive." Currently, there are no plans to extend the franchise to PS3.

You see it's a bit like Goldeneye,Nintendo own the publishing rights to this game and it's sequels but Microsoft now own Rare who made the game so Microsoft cannot put Goldeneye on there system without Nintendos consent. So although EA now own Boiware it is Microsft who own the publishing rights to Mass effect.

Hard to call what console GTAIV will sell more on,

amazon.co.uk has GTAIV ps3 top of its pre order chart

Although 360 has a larger install base due to its 2 year head start.

I have heard of alot of folk buying a ps3 this month primarily for GTAIV as they see it as a playstation franchise.

Its a bit unfair to say that you will have nobody to play online on the PS3, millions own one so you'll always have someone to play.

OmiyaHearts

I've got both, i recommend people do the same who love gaming an movies. I like using xbox live marketplace, love GOW online (still!), and there are generally more games available and people online to play. But on a 50 inch HD tv the PS3 is the only thing u need to watch movies on and some of the graphics are that bit better than the 360.

GET BOTH - next splinter cell is exclusive to 360 and I'm guessin the new final fantasies will have some HD stuff included.

If I had to choose one though, it would be the 360.

Hard to call what console GTAIV will sell more on,

amazon.co.uk has GTAIV ps3 top of its pre order chart

Although 360 has a larger install base due to its 2 year head start.

I have heard of alot of folk buying a ps3 this month primarily for GTAIV as they see it as a playstation franchise.

Its a bit unfair to say that you will have nobody to play online on the PS3, millions own one so you'll always have someone to play.

Another PS3 online problem you can only play people from your region

Another PS3 online problem you can only play people from your region

Ehh?

Since when? I've played many folks from across the pond on cod4/burnout/resistance......

Thats wrong man.

You got a ps3?

Ehh?

Since when? I've played many folks from across the pond on cod4/burnout/resistance......

Thats wrong man.

You got a ps3?

Okay then but certain games are locked to the EU like Motorstorm.Yeah i have my PSN name is vegasvoss add me as a friend and i'll get back to.My US PSN account is freckle add that aswell if you want.

So no reply to the 360 exclusives you asked to see ?

In the interest of fairness here is a PS3 exclusives vid.No gameplat though just screenshots

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIihXVGY7N0

Looks good??

I got my ps3 on launch and to be fair there hasn't been much show stoppers out for it so far.

But what i'm trying to say is for folk that are buying a console now, the PS3 aint a bad choice 2 make.

The number of ps3 exclusives outweigh the 360 ones there, I will be getting GOW2 Too human, and maaaybe Fable 2 aswell

Looks good??

I got my ps3 on launch and to be fair there hasn't been much show stoppers out for it so far.

But what i'm trying to say is for folk that are buying a console now, the PS3 aint a bad choice 2 make.

No it's not and im sorry i must have misinterpretated your posts.The PS3 is a great console and for what you get now for the price is a good choice but what i am saying is i don't understand how people can knock the 360 by saying the PS3 is much better especially for games.I have had my PS3 since June and there has not been a great deal of games out there for it.Take Drakes Fortune for instance the game looks stunning but it's pretty shallow and people think it's better than it is because there is nothing else out there in my opinion Tomb Raider Legend is a better game than it.I really hoped when i got my PS3 that there would be alot more original games for it but it has went down the same route as the 360 and gone for FPS games.Thats why i can't wait for Little Big Planet as it is so different.

Looks good??

The number of ps3 exclusives outweigh the 360 ones there, I will be getting GOW2 Too human, and maaaybe Fable 2 aswell

The 360 has more exclusives the other two videos on this thread are 36 exclusives aswell.But hey if Final Fantasy looks as good as those CGI stills then i don't think anyone can knock the power the machine has.

So the moral of the story is, if u have the cash get both.

The quality of exclusives on both consoles makes for a tough choice for the 1 console gamer.

Killzone 2 looks like it will have some mean graphics too, although if the final game looks as good remains to be seen

So the moral of the story is, if u have the cash get both.

The quality of exclusives on both consoles makes for a tough choice for the 1 console gamer.

Killzone 2 looks like it will have some mean graphics too, although if the final game looks as good remains to be seen

I think Killzone 2 will look amazing it's the gameplay that worries me.Resistance 2 will be brilliant though 2 diffrent story modes - a single player one and an 8 player online co-op one and then there is the other online modes 60 players online death matches.

I think Killzone 2 will look amazing it's the gameplay that worries me.Resistance 2 will be brilliant though 2 diffrent story modes - a single player one and an 8 player online co-op one and then there is the other online modes 60 players online death matches.

Aye killzone 1 was knowt special, resistance 2 will be epic though.

I've added u on the ps3, what do u play online?

Aye killzone 1 was knowt special, resistance 2 will be epic though.

I've added u on the ps3, what do u play online?

Nothing just now mate.Traded in my 2 PS3 games and bought 5 360 games.Sorry

Im going to download GT5 Prologue on Friday though.I'll add you aswell

Archived