Where will we finish in the league?

lmc2009

Where do use think we will finish in the league this season??

I see us splitting the OF or even looking to suprise a few..... :thumbsup:

5th

:huh: 5th?? not with the squad we have this season... we could have split the OF if we had the squad we do now!! :whistling:

ritchies75

Going to stick my neck out and say.......................ABOVE HIBS

Being realistic I think first is the best we can do.

first is the best anyone can do :ermm:

:huh: 5th?? not with the squad we have this season... we could have split the OF if we had the squad we do now!! :whistling:

you seen them play then?

first is the best anyone can do :ermm:

Not if we're first.

Second is the best anybody can do if we're first.

Not if we're first.

Second is the best anybody can do if we're first.

:interesting:

:whistling:

you seen them play then?

East Fife..Was a Good show! reckon that we will be pushing the OF the whole way this season IMO.

East Fife..Was a Good show! reckon that we will be pushing the OF the whole way this season IMO.

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

your joking yes??

East Fife..Was a Good show! reckon that we will be leading the OF the whole way this season IMO.

Fixed that for you.

:woot: :woot:

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

your joking yes??

HAHAH course i am! just good to see Hearts being on the end of good news!!

And course even better when the HIBS are getting beat of LIVI :teehee:

Paulie Walnut

3rd just like usual. We finished 30 points behind the champions. No matter how much dreaming goes on K Kyle being fit would not have gathered those points to finish any higher(maybe 15 more for arguments sake).

I would expect us to gather 65/70 points next year. We will never win the league in the current set up of playing the old firm 8 times as we have 2 main rivals to compete with and beat whereas the old firm only have each other. Looking at it we have 24 points to gain off the old firm and they have 12 points to play for against each other and assuming Ranger Celtic and Hearts win all the other games we would still be 12 point short because we will never be beat them in Glasgow 4 times to gain those points.(thats assuming we win 4 times against them at tynie)

Unfortunately we just don't have the consistency or quality to do this.......yet !

:woot: :woot:

HAHAH course i am! just good to see Hearts being on the end of good news!!

And course even better when the HIBS are getting beat of LIVI :teehee:

fair enough, good news doesn't always follows us around.

lets just stick with 3rd then.thumbsup.gif

no matter how crap the old firm might be we will never be near them come the end of the season

3rd and good cup runs is the best we will get

:thumbsup:

fair enough, good news doesn't always follows us around.

lets just stick with 3rd then.thumbsup.gif

i would be happy with 3rd!

but thier is hope :whistling:

Whilst appreciating the work of Johnjl...

Second

This. For me, I think that the blue half of Glasgow will struggle quite badly. Last year, I felt that they would win the league but this year, having lost their filthy manager I honestly don't feel that "Super" Ally has the nous to get the best out of a poor squad. He needs reinforcements and I don't think he is going to get them. I fear we will trail in quite a bit behind the hooped demons, though.

Third.

Agreed now that we have got rid of the piano shifting coal miner, we should be fine??laugh.gif

Paulie Walnut

This. For me, I think that the blue half of Glasgow will struggle quite badly. Last year, I felt that they would win the league but this year, having lost their filthy manager I honestly don't feel that "Super" Ally has the nous to get the best out of a poor squad. He needs reinforcements and I don't think he is going to get them. I fear we will trail in quite a bit behind the hooped demons, though.

So if this is going to happen how is the 31 point swing going to happen? points deduction? Rangers players losing their legs? or referees acting fairly? all of which are less likely than blue snow.

No matter how bad you think Rangers and Celtic are they have better squads than us and it shows. Even with our signings we are still short of the first 11 quality Rangers and Celtic possess.

McCoist V Lennon isn't an issue they are both idoits, Lennon showed last year how to lose the league with a better team and i think McCoist will lose the league this year but we will be lucky to be within 20 points of both of them.

The words "get real" spring to mind.

Where i do agree that old Wattie was a great manager, i still find it hard to understand how a good manager can make average players title winners, and hopefully super pooper Ally won't have this massive gift.

maybe why i am not in the football business.

Third,and by a good distance. I can see a massive gap appearing in the quality between us and the teams out with the old firm. Our competition (Dons,D. Utd,Well,Killie) have nearly all lost their best players(or will do),while i think we have improved,and are still to sign even more players.

Third,and by a good distance. I can see a massive gap appearing in the quality between us and the teams out with the old firm. Our competition (Dons,D. Utd,Well,Killie) have nearly all lost their best players(or will do),while i think we have improved,and are still to sign even more players.

never there, but the rest yes.

So if this is going to happen how is the 31 point swing going to happen? points deduction? Rangers players losing their legs? or referees acting fairly? all of which are less likely than blue snow.

No matter how bad you think Rangers and Celtic are they have better squads than us and it shows. Even with our signings we are still short of the first 11 quality Rangers and Celtic possess.

McCoist V Lennon isn't an issue they are both idoits, Lennon showed last year how to lose the league with a better team and i think McCoist will lose the league this year but we will be lucky to be within 20 points of both of them.

The words "get real" spring to mind.

HA! :laugh:

Are you still smarting that I made you look a little silly on the Lee Wallace thread? ;)

There is only so much I can do to assist, so, I will try my best. Can you tell me how many points the blue side of Glasgow are ahead of us this season? As far as I am aware, no points have been awarded as yet and points will be awarded after games are completed. I should also say that a good season one year is not a guarantee of a good following season. I could also say that we won 24 points more in season 05/06 than we did on 04/05, but hey, that'd be a waste of time, wouldn't it? let us ignore possibilities and concentrate on being inferior.

I'd argue that the blue half of Glasgow (as well as the green half) have far stronger first elevens but do not have a strong squad. Go beyond their first choice players and you will see as weak a R@ng*rs squad as we have seen for years. I feel certain that the hooped demons will win this year and feel we have a right good chance of being a relatively distant second.

Like that or not, it's the way I see it.

"get real" :rofl:

Where i do agree that old Wattie was a great manager, i still find it hard to understand how a good manager can make average players title winners, and hopefully super pooper Ally won't have this massive gift.

maybe why i am not in the football business.

I'd suggest managers like SAF and his transformation of Man Utd. I'd suggest Dalglish passing his team to Harford and I'd suggest Allardyce's relative success with lesser sides.

To be fair though, I am not in the business either.thumbsup.gif

Paulie Walnut

HA! :laugh:

Are you still smarting that I made you look a little silly on the Lee Wallace thread? ;)

There is only so much I can do to assist, so, I will try my best. Can you tell me how many points the blue side of Glasgow are ahead of us this season? As far as I am aware, no points have been awarded as yet and points will be awarded after games are completed. I should also say that a good season one year is not a guarantee of a good following season. I could also say that we won 24 points more in season 05/06 than we did on 04/05, but hey, that'd be a waste of time, wouldn't it? let us ignore possibilities and concentrate on being inferior.

I'd argue that the blue half of Glasgow (as well as the green half) have far stronger first elevens but do not have a strong squad. Go beyond their first choice players and you will see as weak a R@ng*rs squad as we have seen for years. I feel certain that the hooped demons will win this year and feel we have a right good chance of being a relatively distant second.

Like that or not, it's the way I see it.

"get real" :rofl:

I'd suggest managers like SAF and his transformation of Man Utd. I'd suggest Dalglish passing his team to Harford and I'd suggest Allardyce's relative success with lesser sides.

Lee Wallace thread?????? I'm sorry but i don't spend my life on hear posting over 12000 responses so you will have to enlighten me.

Are you on drugs or just 12 years old. They are some of the most childish responses i have seen on kickback for many years. They make no sense.

As for Rangers having the weakest squad for years they said that last year and look what happened, hmmmmmm a 30 point gap.

The first challenge for us is to put a marker down that shows we are still the best of the rest. We, remember, are the only team to finish 3rd two seasons in a row - which demonstrates just how difficult it is for non old-filth teams to retain consistency.

The second is to get a better approach to games in Glasgow, and be ready to pounce on Rangers if the combination of a bare squad and a novice manager badly affects them. They will have to slide badly tho, as the referee standards are usually an inverse of how well/poorly the huns are playing. Same applies if the idiot Lennon finally implodes/completely loses the plot and that affects their performances.

Can't wait - but not being drawn into any rash 'split the filth' predictions.

Agreed, i just don't understand how a great manager makes these guys brilliant.

I'm sure they have great tactics about their side, but making average players better is weird.

If it's all about confidence then thats even more crazy.

maybe i am naive and think good players should just play good, crazy eh???

Lee Wallace thread?????? I'm sorry but i don't spend my life on hear posting over 12000 responses so you will have to enlighten me.

Are you on drugs or just 12 years old. They are some of the most childish responses i have seen on kickback for many years. They make no sense.

As for Rangers having the weakest squad for years they said that last year and look what happened, hmmmmmm a 30 point gap.

Just cause they said it last year doesn't mean it isn't true, or still true, this year. The injuries we had last season were what hampered our title challenge. We have the right back up this year to mount a serious attempt at the title if we keep the likes of Wallace, Rudi etc.

I won't have to enlighten you, thanks. thumbsup.gif

I can only assume that your middle line really translates as "I cannae dispute that bighusref, but I really dinnae want to say that; I'll look stupid."

I am fairly certain that, A : I didn't say that last year (I tipped them for the league, dontchyaknow) and B : I explained further up why they did well last season. Whilst I relish my role as the giver of knowledge, I am not known for my patience with slower pupils. One of the main reasons I aint a teacher, you see. So, at this juncture I will simply mark your report card accordingly and let you go on your merry way. :)

Rudimentary English skills need polished up and needs to pay more attention in class. Destined for McDonalds Must try harder.

I'm sure they have great tactics about their side, but making average players better is weird.

I don't think it is naive at all, I just think that when you are talking about such small margins that a good manager makes a difference. We'll be fine, bud, don't worry 'bout that.

scott herbertson

I think the SPL is too small to hold us. We'll be like an undersized bra or condom, bursting with our own juices and splattering the world with our dominant genetic DNA

:teehee::woot::ermm::geek:

where was I?

Oh yeah - third I think....

jambojim1986

Anything less than 3rd is unacceptable. Anything more would be incredible. Im hoping, expecting and would be delighted to seal 3rd again and narrow the gap to between 10-20 points.

I don't think it is naive at all, I just think that when you are talking about such small margins that a good manager makes a difference. We'll be fine, bud, don't worry 'bout that.

My big thought is surely players don't need some big chap in a suit to make them want to be a winner and do well.

I'm sure the manager sets them out right and puts them in the correct formation, then tells them how to play! Which should be enough, but if they are just not good enough, or just don't play like that??

okay i see i worry to much, not worried about Hearts as we don't have too much competition, and a great manager...

oh the irony eh?laugh.gif

Paulie Walnut

I won't have to enlighten you, thanks. thumbsup.gif

I can only assume that your middle line really translates as "I cannae dispute that bighusref, but I really dinnae want to say that; I'll look stupid."

I am fairly certain that, A : I didn't say that last year (I tipped them for the league, dontchyaknow) and B : I explained further up why they did well last season. Whilst I relish my role as the giver of knowledge, I am not known for my patience with slower pupils. One of the main reasons I aint a teacher, you see. So, at this juncture I will simply mark your report card accordingly and let you go on your merry way. :)

Rudimentary English skills need polished up and needs to pay more attention in class. Destined for McDonalds Must try harder.

Once again a very childish and immature response to someone who dares to question your opinion.

I will not rise to your baited response and will respectfully decline to enter into any informed debate with you regarding Heart of Midlothian.

Yes. I wouldnt say youre crazy, just lacking in a complete understanding of the human mind.

Good managers instil an unbeatable feeling in their teams. They get them motivated, organised, and most of all, give them the belief that they ARE the best, even if they are not. Some players just play at another level for a certain team/manager, its not only down to how good they are, its down to how confident they are.

And we'll finish easily 3rd this year, same as last year, hopefully picking up either cup.

Yes. I wouldnt say youre crazy, just lacking in a complete understanding of the human mind.

Good managers instil an unbeatable feeling in their teams. They get them motivated, organised, and most of all, give them the belief that they ARE the best, even if they are not. Some players just play at another level for a certain team/manager, its not only down to how good they are, its down to how confident they are.

And we'll finish easily 3rd this year, same as last year, hopefully picking up either cup.

cheers that makes me feel better.thumbsup.gif

or does it?

My big thought is surely players don't need some big chap in a suit to make them want to be a winner and do well.

I'm sure the manager sets them out right and puts them in the correct formation, then tells them how to play! Which should be enough, but if they are just not good enough, or just don't play like that??

okay i see i worry to much, not worried about Hearts as we don't have too much competition, and a great manager...

oh the irony eh?laugh.gif

:)

We've seen it all before, decent managers get just that wee bit more out of average players. How does the song go? We have no cares..... thumbsup.gif

Once again a very childish and immature response to someone who dares to question your opinion.

I will not rise to your baited response and will respectfully decline to enter into any informed debate with you regarding Heart of Midlothian.

You did that with your first post, bit late to admit that now.thumbsup.gif

Oh, and you will notice that I debated other points quite the thing with other posters that weren't arsey. My last lesson for you, one that your parents should have gifted you to; Speak to others as you would have them speak to you.

G'night, Al.

Everybody loves Baz

3rd just like usual. We finished 30 points behind the champions. No matter how much dreaming goes on K Kyle being fit would not have gathered those points to finish any higher(maybe 15 more for arguments sake).

I would expect us to gather 65/70 points next year. We will never win the league in the current set up of playing the old firm 8 times as we have 2 main rivals to compete with and beat whereas the old firm only have each other. Looking at it we have 24 points to gain off the old firm and they have 12 points to play for against each other and assuming Ranger Celtic and Hearts win all the other games we would still be 12 point short because we will never be beat them in Glasgow 4 times to gain those points.(thats assuming we win 4 times against them at tynie)

Unfortunately we just don't have the consistency or quality to do this.......yet !

This,

First, until we can't.

Then it'll be second, until we can't.

Maybe then, it'll be third.

Or we can be slags and say 10th.

I'm not a slag.

Buffalo Bill

Pretty confident of third. We might even be up challenging for a bit like we did last season (until February).

Look out for Motherwell though. Fancy they'll be quite a decent side this season.

I reckon Dundee Utd and Killie will make up the top six.

Last year we were up there challenging until injuries and fatigue took their toll. This year we have a stronger and deeper squad, so I can see us challenging a bit longer. Maybe even all the way...who knows? 3rd should be the absolute minimum we should be looking to achieve this year IMO

Archived