Weird!

Konrad von Carstein

Konrad von Carstein

Got home after work today and my heating was on and the house was like a fekking sauna! This despite the fact that the controller is set at OFF!

How is this possible? guessing a fault somewhere! :(

Just re-read this and it is a very Miller Jamboesque post :facepalm:

Got home after work today and my heating was on and the house was like a fekking sauna! This despite the fact that the controller is set at OFF!

If you can't get it to go off turn your gas off at the meter and get a heating engineer to have a look.

chester copperpot

:gotwife:

Konrad von Carstein

If you can't get it to go off turn your gas off at the meter and get a heating engineer to have a look.

That's the other weird thing....it went off 5 minutes after i got in....without me touching the controller.

You have a presence in the house, watch for it during the night as it may pump you rotten and blow the heating up...just a thought :rolleyes:

That's the other weird thing....it went off 5 minutes after i got in....without me touching the controller.

Really? I'd turn it off at the meter anyway. Sounds strange to me.

Konrad von Carstein

Just spoke to a heating engineer....says my controller may be faulty and sending a signal to the boiler even though it is in the off position...I've just to keep an eye on it over the weekend and call him if it happens again...no need to worry he said... :unsure:

chester copperpot

You taking over from Doug then Andy?

:whistling:

I think Doug's drunken rants have already been taken place by somebody else! :rolleyes:

How weird this happened today in our house,gas man came out and said the spring had went in a valve,moved something so the valve was closed and will be back durning the week to replace part

willie wallace

Must be a Kickback thing.I had the same problem last week,heating on but everything in off position and no lights on.Scottish Gas engineer came out and replaced faulty valve stuck in open position.Said it was a very common problem.Lucky we have a maintenance contract with them so no extra costs.

Last week I had a house problem that required a plumber, guy came out charged a ?110 :huh: , told me he had to get a part and would be back later to finish/start the job, he duly popped back but before a bairn was washed he demanded ?65 WTF, we exchanged words, I took the part off him and he walked, was fuming, that's all

:facepalm : lasttime i will ever visit the shed :yucky:

I got the valve part replaced thank god cos the heating kept coming back on after the gasman had been on Sunday that we had to switch the gas off at the meter.

So I can now report my boiler is working fine too :thumbsup:

Archived