Keyline Cup

hmfc fan

Footballfirst

The fixtures can be found here

http://www.sportfocus.com/webpro/obansaints/

Last season there were a mix of senior (fringe) players and U19s. The senior players included Mark Ridgers, Dean Lyness, Johnny Brown, Jonny Stewart, Danny Thomson, Conrad Balatoni and Gordon Gilbert.

Last season's photos here:

http://www.sportfocus.com/webpro/obansaints/dyncat.cfm?catid=32156

I won't make it this year but it's a good day out.

The fixtures can be found here

http://www.sportfocus.com/webpro/obansaints/

Last season there were a mix of senior (fringe) players and U19s. The senior players included Mark Ridgers, Dean Lyness, Johnny Brown, Jonny Stewart, Danny Thomson, Conrad Balatoni and Gordon Gilbert.

Last season's photos here:

http://www.sportfocus.com/webpro/obansaints/dyncat.cfm?catid=32156

I won't make it this year but it's a good day out.

That looks a strong Dundee Utd team

And im currently living in Rhodes so ill pass

im going to Faliraki, is it nice?

gorgieheart

Erm, na...its a hole !! but fun !

I was watching the boys train this afternoon, all under 19's. Theres a trialist with them from Tottenham but i never managed to corner Darren Murray to ask anymore. Im working tomorrow but might make the first hour so ill be in touch if theres any news.

Go to Rhodes Town when you're there. It's very picturesque.

I know this is off topic, but what ever happened to the Milk Cup/Foyle Cup? Is it not usually around this time? :unsure:

how did the keyline cup come about?

Why do all the clubs trek up to play in a park, am I correct in thinking there is not even a stand? No doubt its great for the locals. Is it some sort of community initiative type thing or somethin?

I know this is off topic, but what ever happened to the Milk Cup/Foyle Cup? Is it not usually around this time? :unsure:

Im sure the Milk Cup was contested in Ireland with Glentoran and co i remember the days out down there

jamboinglasgow

I was watching the boys train this afternoon, all under 19's. Theres a trialist with them from Tottenham but i never managed to corner Darren Murray to ask anymore. Im working tomorrow but might make the first hour so ill be in touch if theres any news.

Interesting about the trialist. Be interesting to hear more.

how did the keyline cup come about?

Why do all the clubs trek up to play in a park, am I correct in thinking there is not even a stand? No doubt its great for the locals. Is it some sort of community initiative type thing or somethin?

there is a small stand, me & son heading up from kdy as we done last year will try & get photos uploaded mon/tues.

hearts have only one it once 2006

Ive got to go to work however watched the first two games.

We lost 4-0 to a good Hamilton team that had about half a dozen first team players.

We then beat the famous Oban Saints 3-0 the first two goals were very well taken by an attacking midfielder on loan from tottenham

Callum Tapping

Biography

The midfielder joined our Academy full-time in June 2009 having previously played in Scotland.

He was born in London but moved north of the border at the age of five.

Callum featured eight times for the Under-18s in 2009-10, and was rewarded his first professional contract at the Club in June, 2010.

Callum attended Larbert High School in Stenhousemiur and previously played for Celtic and Hamilton Academicals.

CALLUM TAPPING INFO

Name Callum Tapping

Born June 5, 1993

Position Midfielder

Squad No. N/A

Joined Spurs Academy full-time, 2009-10

Previous Club(s) Celtic, Hamilton Academicals

Oh aye Super Paul Hartley is here with Alloa and they beat Dundee Utds first team 1-0 Badcock missed a penalty!!

jamboinglasgow

Ive got to go to work however watched the first two games.

We lost 4-0 to a good Hamilton team that had about half a dozen first team players.

We then beat the famous Oban Saints 3-0 the first two goals were very well taken by an attacking midfielder on loan from tottenham

Callum Tapping

Biography

The midfielder joined our Academy full-time in June 2009 having previously played in Scotland.

He was born in London but moved north of the border at the age of five.

Callum featured eight times for the Under-18s in 2009-10, and was rewarded his first professional contract at the Club in June, 2010.

Callum attended Larbert High School in Stenhousemiur and previously played for Celtic and Hamilton Academicals.

CALLUM TAPPING INFO

Name Callum Tapping

Born June 5, 1993

Position Midfielder

Squad No. N/A

Joined Spurs Academy full-time, 2009-10

Previous Club(s) Celtic, Hamilton Academicals

Oh aye Super Paul Hartley is here with Alloa and they beat Dundee Utds first team 1-0 Badcock missed a penalty!!

Thanks for the info. An interesting one that we have taken a player on loan from Tottenham to play in the under 19s (at least I presume to play in the 19s.) I would presume that Tottenham have sent him on loan to us as we can offer another year in youth ranks to develop (in England their top youth level is under 18 while up here its under 19) they may feel he has something for the future but feel he is not developed enough yet to be put on loan to a lower league team. I think its more curious from Hearts point of view, surely the problem with taking a player on loan at that level is that it keeps out one of your players to develop who can make you money. However it could be that JJ has told DM that Jason Holt will be a first team player (or even he is sending Jason away on loan to get him ready to play for the physicality of the first team) so it means that DM needs an attacking midfield player. I think Chris Kane and Chris Tobin will be in midfield. The others (Michael Thomson and George Scott) are both 17 so have another year on their side, thus to fill in the gap they bring in a promising EPL youngster. Then again it could be that they take him on for a year, and know that at the end of him they could sign him if Tottenham dont renew his contract.

Thanks for the info. An interesting one that we have taken a player on loan from Tottenham to play in the under 19s (at least I presume to play in the 19s.) I would presume that Tottenham have sent him on loan to us as we can offer another year in youth ranks to develop (in England their top youth level is under 18 while up here its under 19) they may feel he has something for the future but feel he is not developed enough yet to be put on loan to a lower league team. I think its more curious from Hearts point of view, surely the problem with taking a player on loan at that level is that it keeps out one of your players to develop who can make you money. However it could be that JJ has told DM that Jason Holt will be a first team player (or even he is sending Jason away on loan to get him ready to play for the physicality of the first team) so it means that DM needs an attacking midfield player. I think Chris Kane and Chris Tobin will be in midfield. The others (Michael Thomson and George Scott) are both 17 so have another year on their side, thus to fill in the gap they bring in a promising EPL youngster. Then again it could be that they take him on for a year, and know that at the end of him they could sign him if Tottenham dont renew his contract.

A little bit of research on Spurs site suggests he played a good few games at RB.

jamboinglasgow

A little bit of research on Spurs site suggests he played a good few games at RB.

ok, just from what the poster said he was playing attacking midfield. If he is a RB then that makes it odd as Fraser Mullen is well established at that position.

ok, just from what the poster said he was playing attacking midfield. If he is a RB then that makes it odd as Fraser Mullen is well established at that position.

Don't get your knickers in a twist. I wasn't saying you were wrong; merely observing that IN ADDITION to MF he had seemed to play at RB. My thinking was that if we use Hamill in MF, he may just be an option for RB.

jamboinglasgow

Don't get your knickers in a twist. I wasn't saying you were wrong; merely observing that IN ADDITION to MF he had seemed to play at RB. My thinking was that if we use Hamill in MF, he may just be an option for RB.

er...ok. How did my post sound like my knickers in a twist? Nevermind.

The boy has just turned 18 and we have Hamill, Barr & Eggy for RB so I can't see him being chucked into the first team yet otherwise he'd be in Germany not Oban or at least at East Fife last week

PS don't think its JiG with his knickers in a twist

The boy has just turned 18 and we have Hamill, Barr & Eggy for RB so I can't see him being chucked into the first team yet otherwise he'd be in Germany not Oban or at least at East Fife last week

PS don't think its JiG with his knickers in a twist

I didn't say he should be chucked into the 1st team. I said he might be an option. It also may have depended upon when we brought him in as to whether he would go to Germany or Oban.

As regards Hamill he is suspended for the 1st 2 games and the other 2 are no better than makeshift FBs. RB will be a problem against Rangers whoever we choose.

Footballfirst

For the record Alloa won the tournament with Dundee United second and Hamilton third. The first two named had their first team squads out, while everyone else had youth or mixed sides playing.

Archived