Casey Anthony trial

Peebo

Has this trial, and the subsequent Not Guilty verdict made much noise over the pond back in Blighty?

All over the news here in the US. Like the OJ case all over again, minus the race issues. And the gloves.

Was going to say I've never even heard of him, but now that I've read Wiki at least I know it's a her.

To be honest, having read it I'm not surprised she was found not guilty. The prosecution don't seem to have gotten close to the whole "beyond reasonable doubt" thing. You can't really give someone the death sentence on circumstantial evidence and the fact they're from a weird family and lied to the police.

Ad4z4.png

:D

Always easy to forget the victims, though...

For what it's worth, the case was flimsy, but I am pretty certain she did it, as the circumstancial evidence seems overwhelming. Pretty much like how I feel about Amanda Knox and her chum. Interesting to note the media outrage seems to come from a quiet different perspective in both cases, though...

Sterling Archer

Having read about this a bit I think the prosecution went in too high with the charges. I'm pretty sure she's responsible but they didn't have enough for murder.

Johanes de Silentio

Has this trial, and the subsequent Not Guilty verdict made much noise over the pond back in Blighty?

All over the news here in the US. Like the OJ case all over again, minus the race issues. And the gloves.

Surprisingly little coverage over here for such a high-profile case.

Was very surprised at the outcome - the lassie looked guilty as sin.

Archived