Berra to Rangers?

JamboBen

Story here. Also has a wee dig at Scottish Football. Shame on you Christophe, didn't exactly shine up here mate.

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2011/07/06/christophe-berra-on-rangers-link/

Rangers afford 2.3 M :L . when did O Connor start writing papers coked out his head in my mind nobody could afford him in scotland , a loan maybe to Rangers but im sure he always hated them ?

His name is

he is correct tho, celtic and rangers cant compete financially with the championship teams, let alone us

kingantti1874

He is no world beater but never ever let us down... His comments on Scottish football are bang on the money... It's completely shite, devoid of any excitement and quality...

Aye, the boy's a failure.

I don't think anyone can say Berra has been a failure at Wolves, he has not looked out of place in the Premiership, and looks to be one of the first players on Mick McCarthy's team sheets every week.

itsnomarooned

Hardly saying anything contentious or disrespectful.

I wonder why Wolves are selling him, he gets a regular game and wasn't he captain (possibly temporarily) at one point. I went to a Fulham/Wolves game season before last and while it was statistically the worst ever game in the EPL at that time the only "shot" on target came from Berra if I recall correctly.

Guest Ultraviolet Catastrophe

Aye, the boy's a failure.

He's obviously not but I was surprised someone paid ?2.3 million for him. Decent centre back but not as good as some people on here would say.

Tommy Wiseau

Story here. Also has a wee dig at Scottish Football. Shame on you Christophe, didn't exactly shine up here mate.

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2011/07/06/christophe-berra-on-rangers-link/

Course he ****ing didn't. That's why he was one of our youngest captains ever, made over 100 appearances for the club at the age of 24, gained international caps at Hearts and got a multi-million pound move to the Premiership. :vrface:

he was at my sons school the other week there for a football thing and he said he would never return to Scottish football , agree with what he says though

He's obviously not but I was surprised someone paid ?2.3 million for him. Decent centre back but not as good as some people on here would say.

Agreed mate. Don't get me wrong, he was a decent player, but certainly not a stand out in a poor Hearts team.

Well done to him though, seems to have had a good time at Wolves up until recently. Not sure he will get too many games as McCarthy seems to be targetting Centre Halves in the close season. Hope he does well though.

OP, You've had a mare....

Done well enough up here to move to EPL, once there he's carried the capt's arm band and managed to hold on to his place usually whilst picking up a wage packet twice as heavy as he could earn up here.

Didn't a prominent Kickbacker habitually refer to Berra as "The Undroppable" when comparing him unfavourably with ... Zaliukas?

:facepalm:

A good lad, Christophe Berra. Played well for us during testing times. I wish him well wherever he goes, although I must admit it wouldn't be good to see him turning out for either of the Old Firm.

Doesn't really stand out in that Wolves side, but he was a good SPL centre back.

No danger Rangers will be able to afford him anyway.

Johanes de Silentio

I don't think anyone can say Berra has been a failure at Wolves, he has not looked out of place in the Premiership, and looks to be one of the first players on Mick McCarthy's team sheets every week.

:rolleyes:

Also has a wee dig at Scottish Football. Shame on you Christophe, didn't exactly shine up here mate.

Lets not take it out of context. What he said was:

?The SPL is going through a wee dip, Scottish football is in the doldrums right now and clubs can?t afford to pay big transfer fees."

This is true. He doesn't say anything negative about is time here. Nothing wrong in that at all.

Didn't a prominent Kickbacker habitually refer to Berra as "The Undroppable" when comparing him unfavourably with ... Zaliukas?

:facepalm:

A good lad, Christophe Berra. Played well for us during testing times. I wish him well wherever he goes, although I must admit it wouldn't be good to see him turning out for either of the Old Firm.

That't the big thing for me. I have massive respect for Berra as he basically came through at a time when there was next to know coaching or leadership at the club. That he, Driver and Lee have become the players they have is massive testiment to them. You see how easily it can go the other way with Clum. He has never lacked talent - only guidance.

That't the big thing for me. I have massive respect for Berra as he basically came through at a time when there was next to know coaching or leadership at the club. That he, Driver and Lee have become the players they have is massive testiment to them. You see how easily it can go the other way with Clum. He has never lacked talent - only guidance.

Spot on. Berra quickly became an old head on very young shoulders. And he kept his head when - frequently - all around him were losing theirs.

Cut The Crap

I like Berra, but I must admit I?m also slightly surprised at how well he?s done for himself. It shows how far you can go if you just maintain a good attitude, keep a level head, work hard and steer clear of injury.

Good luck to him!

:rolleyes:

What? I said he wasn't a failure, just that he's not that good.

while the OP maybe put it wrongly there is an element of truth.

Berra was not a bad defender but I would Put him in the "glad we got the

money for him " category

He didn't make any sweeping comments about the SPL and I think he was talking about finance more than anything however our standard ain't great and finance has an impact on that.

I feel every time I watch Christope on tv he seems to struggle but fair play to him he got his big move and security we would all take that. Is he a Jambo?, seem to remember comments about OF tendencies before.

He won't come back to Scotland unless it's in his mid thirties as once you move to England the money on

offer up here is not acceptable anymore.

Wouldn't put the fear o death up me if he lined up for Rancers, he won't but wouldn't like to see any ex Jambo

play for THEM

Guest Bilel Mohsni

There is not one word in that article that is innacurate...

Berra was a great success for us, I think he did "shine" to be honest. Maybe does not shine down in the EPL but the simple fact that he is a first pick and has stayed in the league with Wolves for two/three seasons hardly makes him a failure down there either really.

Does not sound like he is at all interested in a move to Rangers either. :thumbsup:

while the OP maybe put it wrongly there is an element of truth.

Berra was not a bad defender but I would Put him in the "glad we got the

money for him " category

He didn't make any sweeping comments about the SPL and I think he was talking about finance more than anything however our standard ain't great and finance has an impact on that.

I feel every time I watch Christope on tv he seems to struggle but fair play to him he got his big move and security we would all take that. Is he a Jambo?, seem to remember comments about OF tendencies before.

He won't come back to Scotland unless it's in his mid thirties as once you move to England the money on

offer up here is not acceptable anymore.

Wouldn't put the fear o death up me if he lined up for Rancers, he won't but wouldn't like to see any ex Jambo

play for THEM

100% Jambo. :)

There is not one word in that article that is innacurate...

Berra was a great success for us, I think he did "shine" to be honest. Maybe does not shine down in the EPL but the simple fact that he is a first pick and has stayed in the league with Wolves for two/three seasons hardly makes him a failure down there either really.

Does not sound like he is at all interested in a move to Rangers either. :thumbsup:

Keeping his options open for the future but want's to stay down South.

Clever lad, Burnley are interested in him going there.

Snake Plissken

What? I said he wasn't a failure, just that he's not that good.

He wasn't being serious when he called him a failure, UVC.

He wasn't being serious when he called him a failure, UVC.

Yeah I got that bit, I just thought he was insinuating I think he's gash or something.

Ach, nevermind. I'm oot this thread anyway. :(

It's all relative - the EPL is a far superior league to the SPL, he's clearly improved massively to retain his place in an EPL side. By the the same token he doesn't shine down there because of the quality of the player he is up against. If he came back up here he'd have the pipe and slippers out for most games. I hardly think after facing Drogba / Tevez / Rooney et al - Big Dode Samaras or Gazza O'Connor would cause him to worry to much !

Money wise if he can stay in the EPL or a top Championship club he'll not be coming back here for a very long time.

Buffalo Bill

Berra peaked at the right time - that is, during our up-turn in form under Csaba in 2008/09.

A good solid pro who has done well for himself.

Still young with best years ahead.

Picked almost every week and doing very well IMO. Improving alot.

Makes me wonder, why are Wolves prepared to sell him?

Johanes de Silentio

Yeah I got that bit, I just thought he was insinuating I think he's gash or something.

Ach, nevermind. I'm oot this thread anyway. :(

Is everybody on their period the now? :blink:

lost in leith

Correct, supported Sellick as a Bhoy.

True. Got put in a terrible position post the Riccarton 3 debacle by being made captain when he wasn't ready for the role. Handled it well and hasn't said a bad word about the club since he left. Good lad IMHO :thumbsup:

Archived