Craig Gordon to Arsenal?

Chaka Demus & pliers

Link?

Gordon really is one of the good guys.

Has career has stalled at Sunderland but i think if he got a chance at a top club then he will become the top goal keeper he has been looking like becoming over the years.

Just hope injuries etc haven't set him back too much.

Chaka Demus & pliers

Was on SSN. Said they'd sign him to challenge for No.1 spot and could get him for as little as ?4m

Jambof3tornado

Having a more solid defence would help build his confidence again. Plus Steve Bruce is a ****!!

Guest juvehearts

needs to move imo

not doing anything at sunderland & whilst it was a god career move for us for the money we got,

just didnt think it panned out the way we all expected it to for him

arsenal would be the move i think

juve

Don't like Arsenal but would be delighted for him as it's what he was destined.

No more than he deserves - even though, I dont exactly like Arsenal. So if true "Good Luck Craig" :thumbsup:

If he went to Arsenal I couldn't see him becoming No.1 for at LEAST a season or two. Szczesny had a brilliant season in 2010-11, and is still just 21, so will only get better and better.

So while everyone wants Gordon to go to a massive club like this, is it really the best move to get him playing every week?...

... I don't think so.

Having a more solid defence would help build his confidence again. Plus Steve Bruce is a ****!!

@ Arsenal?? I suppose Cahill might help

Not exactly a good club to go to if you are on the worst form of your career.Not certain to be the no1 as well. :ninja: Good luck to him though wherever he goes. :thumbsup:

Gordon isn't going to move for more than ?4-5M, despite his quality, because of those injuries. It would be a good move for him and he could easily establish himself as the first choice down at Arsenal.

Are we not supposed to get a percentage of any fee he's sold for, or did we sacrifice that for a bigger transfer?

Gordon isn't going to move for more than ?4-5M, despite his quality, because of those injuries. It would be a good move for him and he could easily establish himself as the first choice down at Arsenal.

Are we not supposed to get a percentage of any fee he's sold for, or did we sacrifice that for a bigger transfer?

Been paid in full, he had a clause but that was for number of games played which he has exceeded.

tommythejambo

Arsenal signing a worthwhile player?

Can't see it.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Would be made up for him. He has something very 'Arsenalish' about him.

More to the point he's not going to move for more than ?4m or ?5m because he's entering the last year of his contract at Sunderland.

This is quite like the Lee Wallace situation only with far bigger amounts of money at stake.

Denny Crane

NOW are quick. That one has been doing the rounds in the North East media since May.

Its not a stick on he'd be number one, Scezney (sp) is an outstanding goalie at the young age he is, he'd be in the mix with him and fabianski but not clear cut.

Been paid in full, he had a clause but that was for number of games played which he has exceeded.

Ah right, wasn't sure of the terms of the deal between the two clubs. We've done well out of him regardless. :thumbsup:

More to the point he's not going to move for more than ?4m or ?5m because he's entering the last year of his contract at Sunderland.

This is quite like the Lee Wallace situation only with far bigger amounts of money at stake.

Forgot about that as well, thought he had another year after this. Sunderland look like they might just try to cut their losses on this one.

Don't like Arsenal but would be delighted for him as it's what he was destined.

Agree, he should have went there when he left us, well done Craig

as long as he's fit he'll have a very good chance of being their number one. i just hope if he does go that there entire team doesnt dismantle as it appears to be doing right now.

Bad move.

Would be a bench warmer for two seasons before moving on rusty.

Arsenals number 1 ain't getting shifted.

Good move for him.... Even one year as number 2 his stock would rise and would probably be a stick on for a better number one spot than Sunderland who have treated him like shit.

If he went to Arsenal I couldn't see him becoming No.1 for at LEAST a season or two. Szczesny had a brilliant season in 2010-11, and is still just 21, so will only get better and better.

So while everyone wants Gordon to go to a massive club like this, is it really the best move to get him playing every week?...

... I don't think so.

Did he?

Dr. Bapswent

Always enjoyed Arsenal's football and be more than happy to be 100% behind them if he moved.

Id love this to happen.

Jambos1983

Gordon is a truly outstanding keeper and would easily become number 1 there imo.

Did he?

That's what I was thinking! Neither Arsenal goalie looks great imo but each to their own. Arsenals defense is poor and badly needs an English spine to show the desire, drive and physical element that Wenger seems to over look, in favour our more athletic foreign types (maybe excluding that Dutch lad).

If Gordon was to get back to his best then I think he'd be the number one. But he has toiled with a poor defense at Sunderland (and a sh1te manager in Bruce who looks for an easy scales goat) before so I don't know how he'd fair with Arsenal, unless they bolster the backline this close season with proper centrebacks.

Rudolf's Mate

That's what I was thinking! Neither Arsenal goalie looks great imo but each to their own. Arsenals defense is poor and badly needs an English spine to show the desire, drive and physical element that Wenger seems to over look, in favour our more athletic foreign types (maybe excluding that Dutch lad).

They had major issues with all goalies and not just through injuries. Those saying that boy was outstanding are talking mince!

If Gordon was to get back to his best then I think he'd be the number one. But he has toiled with a poor defense at Sunderland (and a sh1te manager in Bruce who looks for an easy scales goat) before so I don't know how he'd fair with Arsenal, unless they bolster the backline this close season with proper centrebacks.

Benny Factor

I may be wrong, but i'm pretty sure they're due us a big chunk of the extra cash once he hits certain appearance milestones, as he's only played enough games for us to receive the first instalment of 333k.

He's only played 94 games for Sunderland in nearly 4 years.

If Arsenal get either Samba or Cahill then they may have a much better defence next season. Either of those two and a fit Vermaalen would be a good CB pairing.

If Arsenal get either Samba or Cahill then they may have a much better defence next season. Either of those two and a fit Vermaalen would be a good CB pairing.

Agreed. Would be a big improvement on some of the gash Gordon's played behind at the Mackems - Nosworthy, Ferdinand etc.

Good move for CG if it comes about as I don't think any of Arsenal's keepers are even close to being better than him, although the young lad looks a decent prospect.

Ecce Romanov

Wonder if we have a sell-on clause in his contact. Hope so :thumbsup:

Tommy Wiseau

Would be made up for him. He has something very 'Arsenalish' about him.

gun__1277131065_rix_graham.jpg

???

Looks like Hearts didnt want him back then as according to a few posters on here he was a cert to return.

from one bombscare of a defence to another one..

Behave... they were poor but no where near as poor as Sunderlands... they shipped the 4th least goals in the EPL and that was with shakey keepers.

Huge step up for Gordon.

Denny Crane

Looks like Hearts didnt want him back then as according to a few posters on here he was a cert to return.

I think something about not being able to match the 48k a week he's getting at SAFC might have had something to do with that.

Gordon could easily be Arsenals number one. Theyve never had a solid keeper since Jens replaced Seaman. Ok Schenzy is a top keeper but his confidence with defenders is laughable just take the Carling cup into context. Fabianski before he got injured was playing really well but Gordon as number one for Arsenal would be delightful but wont happen.

Don't really get where this Schezny is a great keeper chat is coming from. He looks like a pretty decent young keeper that is still prone to some poor errors in judgement, but generally much of a muchness with Fabianski - i.e., not great, but better than Almunia!

Would be a great move for Gordon, and if he could stay fit, he'd easily be the No 1 keeper there.

Archived