Looks Like He's Gone

Kiwidoug

Today's Scotsman.

At long last.

Just hope the somewhat intimate picture on here of JJ and Obua doesn't start a fresh scandal.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
tartofmidlothian

Pleasing :thumbsup:

HEARTS footballer Craig Thomson could be sacked by his club as early as today, after he was suspended without pay and ordered to appear before a new disciplinary meeting.

A source close to Thomson said it was "likely" the player would be fired this week after fresh allegations about his predatory behaviour towards under-age girls were reported yesterday.

Troubling :down:

The management of Heriot-Watt University had already written to the club to express concerns about Thomson's presence on the campus at the Hearts Football Academy, a joint-venture with the university.

A spokesman for Heriot-Watt said: "We have been in discussion with the Hearts management and expressed the university's concerns about the developing situation regarding Craig Thomson and the university's duty of care to our students and to the many young people who visit the campus throughout the year.

"We have already had cancellations of visits by some groups, and we need to be certain that any such groups can feel confident in the safety of the young people involved."

The spokesman added: "We have asked the club for guarantees regarding any potential future use of the football academy by Craig Thomson, including direct supervision by a member of the Hearts staff and assurances that his use of the campus would be restricted solely to the academy and not extend to any other areas."

Can't really argue with too much in this piece either.

Another bloody article

Can't you? She can GTF as far as I'm concerned, and take every other Hearts-hating journalist who's crawled out from under their stone with her. Scotland is full of ******* scum like her that hate us, and they'll take any opportunity, no matter how opportunistic or inappropriate, whether it's CT or something else, as a stick they can use to beat us with.

neilsons spy

No where does it state in any of the above articles that he HAS been sacked. They are jumping on the usual journalist bandwagon and presuming. The majority of fans have agreed on what should have been done morally, but when has Vlad ever shown to have had morals?

No where does it state in any of the above articles that he HAS been sacked. They are jumping on the usual journalist bandwagon and presuming. The majority of fans have agreed on what should have been done morally, but when has Vlad ever shown to have had morals?

What it does say though is that there are fresh allegations to be considered, he has been suspended without pay and there is a disciplinary hearing next week.

As I say, looks like he's gone.

Can't you? She can GTF as far as I'm concerned, and take every other Hearts-hating journalist who's crawled out from under their stone with her. Scotland is full of ******* scum like her that hate us, and they'll take any opportunity, no matter how opportunistic or inappropriate, whether it's CT or something else, as a stick they can use to beat us with.

Yes, I'm sure it is her hatred of Hearts and not her utter contempt for what Craig Thomson has been convicted of that motivated her article.

What an absolutely ludicrous post. Probably the most lamentable thing I have ever read on here, and that is going some.

Hearts may have suspended Thomson, and they may well now find a way of ending his employment, neatly using the excuse of unsubstantiated revelations in yesterday's tabloid press, but frankly it is too little too late.

This sums up the whole sorry situation for me. Anyone who thinks otherwise is misguided at best.

tartofmidlothian

Yes, I'm sure it is her hatred of Hearts and not her utter contempt for what Craig Thomson has been convicted of that motivated her article.

What an absolutely ludicrous post. Probably the most lamentable thing I have ever read on here, and that is going some.

Hearts may have suspended Thomson, and they may well now find a way of ending his employment, neatly using the excuse of unsubstantiated revelations in yesterday's tabloid press, but frankly it is too little too late.

This sums up the whole sorry situation for me. Anyone who thinks otherwise is misguided at best.

Well if we're being frank it's not really 'too little too late', it's more 'just enough a bit late'.

Thomson's crime was sordid, the club dithered a bit, Vlad made a stupid call with a statement that said a whole lot about nothing, but sensationalist hand-wringers we can all do without.

(Aimed at whoever wrote the piece, not Darren)

Well if we're being frank it's not really 'too little too late', it's more 'just enough a bit late'.

Thomson's crime was sordid, the club dithered a bit, Vlad made a stupid call with a statement that said a whole lot about nothing, but sensationalist hand-wringers we can all do without.

(Aimed at whoever wrote the piece, not Darren)

"Too little" I suppose one could take issue with, but the decision not to sack Thomson as soon as he was convicted has tarnished the club's reputation irreparably. In that sense it is definitely too late.

"Too little" I suppose one could take issue with, but the decision not to sack Thomson as soon as he was convicted has tarnished the club's reputation irreparably. In that sense it is definitely too late.

Hope it's not irreparable Darren. For me, it wasn't so much the decision but Vlad's ranting which caused outrage. He could just have said he wanted to stand by a young, foolish man but he didn't.

Surely he must be sacked now though. Vlad can employ him in one of his factories if he wants to.

Jambof3tornado

It was too late the moment Craig clicked on the send image button!

Neilson's Shank

Get rid of him now and start to regain some credibility, although I fear that VR will be driven deeper into his bunker nursing a grievance that the Scottish media have engineered CT's removal

Maybe he has just been suspended without pay until Romanov makes back the 5 grand he lost from the water sponsorship...

As said previously where was this reporter when hibs signed Zemamma.. obviously she had something better to do at that time or it more than likely wasn't brought to her attention by the Daily Record..

The Old Tolbooth

:blink:

:rofl:

He disgraced Hearts and continues to do so until he is sacked.

Hideous creep.

PS - again, people attacking the press and others for reporting his crimes. :facepalm:

I'm sure he was suspended before was he not only for the club to issue a statement about a week later saying we backed him so I wouldn't count the chickens just yet.

Ah yes, of course - all hail to the Scottish Sun, that paragon of virtue and guardian of the nation's morals.

EMMA WATSON NIPPLE SLIP ON P3,5,6, 6.5 AND 8-74!!!!! FILL YER BOOTS LADS - SHE'S LEGAL!!!!

NONCE WATCH ON EVERY OTHER PAGE.

Colonel Kurtz

Ah yes, of course - all hail to the Scottish Sun, that paragon of virtue and guardian of the nation's morals.

yes the morally outraged Sun readers on here are having their "peaceful demonstration" outside a local pediatricians house after spray painting the house last night

Colonel Kurtz

I'm sure he was suspended before was he not only for the club to issue a statement about a week later saying we backed him so I wouldn't count the chickens just yet.

You can count your chicken,but dont choke it online

Denny Crane

Morning Vlad

As said previously where was this reporter when hibs signed Zemamma.. obviously she had something better to do at that time or it more than likely wasn't brought to her attention by the Daily Record..

Seriously, are you comparing Thomson to Zemmama? Zemmama married a 17 year old, Thomson groomed a 12 year old. No really the same is it?

Bert Le Clos

WTF has this got to do with Zemmama?! I never really understood the thing with Zemmama, as far as I was aware he married a girl in his own country who by their laws was of marital age? Whether or not we think it's wrong to marry under the age of 16 is irrelevant, he didnn't break any laws in his country. If this is wrong then I'll apologize but that was my understanding of it, bet regardless I always found the chants about it pretty cringeworthy TBH.

Stop moving the goalposts. Unfortunately we just need to put our hands up and and accept one of our players has committed a shameful act, and inadvertantly brought shame on the club. We also need to accept the club has made a monumental **** up of how they have dealt with it. It's hard to argue with anything that journalist has said, she's merely echoing the sentiments of the majority of sensible posters on here.

As for The Sun trying to score points by taking the credit for his potential sacking :facepalm:

I can imagine them rounding up a lynch mob as we speak chasing the journalism award they no doubt feel they deserve.

Exactly this!

I will be delighted the day that CT leaves the club for good and my only regret is that my club didn't do it sooner. It is very distasteful to watch this trial by media and the further promise of a 'peaceful protest' outside Tynecastle (hopefully CT's sacking will scupper that farce). Hearts good name has suffered through this episode and not least VR's inane ramblings!

What I find most distasteful this morning is the sun's headline... Thanks to the Sun?!?!

Thanks 'Sun' your beacon of morality shone bright and led us through these terrible times... Now where is today's page 3 from?!

Disgusting rag.

broughies tach

Good god there has been some rubbish written about Thommogate but this tops the lot.

world_3 you have serious issues probably more than Thomson himself. Seek help now

Special Agent Dale Cooper

Good god there has been some rubbish written about Thommogate but this tops the lot.

world_3 you have serious issues probably more than Thomson himself. Seek help now

Do we have to use "gate" at the end of every scandal/story discussed on KB. It is cringeworthy and naff. This is the effect rag journalism has on it's readership. After all the Watergate was a hotel, not a scandal concerning water.

So the only way vlad can get out of this is to use the excuse of new revelations - from the same mafiaso newspapers he told us all to ignore.

Sadly Hearts name can never be properly redeemed.

The least I would expect Hearts to do following the sacking of Thomson is to try and become involved in some sort of charity helping the victims of such crimes - if anyone wants us involved.

But vlads history suggests he does not actually take paedophelia at all seriously.

while it's perfectly normal that the press should report the story, i must say that i have read very little about it in the various outlets available because i have absolutely no interest whatsoever in what [insert name of journalist / newspaper / columnist / commentator here] has to say about hearts, or the way this episode has been handled. i for one can easily get by without the assistance of the likes of the sun or the daily record, or any real newspaper for that matter, in making up mind as to what to believe and how to think about events.

this whole story is absolute gold dust to newspapers. 'celebrity footballer'... lurid court proceedings... paedophilia... 'scandalous' management... a heady recipe of ingredients to make for newspaper copy that people love to read about and seeth about.

if 'X' newspaper hack wants to paint hearts in a bad light then fair enough. at least some of it will be warranted. i really don't give a shit what's being said though because i'm quite happy in the knowledge that at least some of the people saying it are utter scumbags of the highest order themselves, and a large part of their target audience are no doubt some of the dregs of society.

in essence, go **** the lot of them.

Nookie Bear

Exactly this!

I will be delighted the day that CT leaves the club for good and my only regret is that my club didn't do it sooner. It is very distasteful to watch this trial by media and the further promise of a 'peaceful protest' outside Tynecastle (hopefully CT's sacking will scupper that farce). Hearts good name has suffered through this episode and not least VR's inane ramblings!

What I find most distasteful this morning is the sun's headline... Thanks to the Sun?!?!

Thanks 'Sun' your beacon of morality shone bright and led us through these terrible times... Now where is today's page 3 from?!

Disgusting rag.

Was it not The Sun that had the Charlotte Church Countdown to signify when she reached 16 and they were allowed to take photos of her arse?

Still, we know how they operate and its not nice when our club is on the receiving end so we'll just have to suck it up. All I can hope is that our fans start to see the hypocrisy of the paper and stop buying it.

broughies tach

Do we have to use "gate" at the end of every scandal/story discussed on KB. It is cringeworthy and naff. This is the effect rag journalism has on it's readership. After all the Watergate was a hotel, not a scandal concerning water.

FFS I take it all back this is the biggest load of rubbish written so far :whistling:

How about if I had used "Craigslist" ? Original enough for you Mr Bernstein (or is it Woodward) ?

Geoff Kilpatrick

:vrface: It is hardly just KB that does this.

And BTW, I prefer "seethegate"! :thumbsup:

Special Agent Dale Cooper

:vrface: It is hardly just KB that does this.

And BTW, I prefer "seethegate"! :thumbsup:

It would seem mikethejambogate is in full flow!

Was it not The Sun that had the Charlotte Church Countdown to signify when she reached 16 and they were allowed to take photos of her arse?

Still, we know how they operate and its not nice when our club is on the receiving end so we'll just have to suck it up. All I can hope is that our fans start to see the hypocrisy of the paper and stop buying it.

Yup, think you are right.

I actually wanted to write 'how old is today's page 3?' but decided not to as it may offend!!!!!

As I am currently residing outside of Scotland I can cherrypick which Scottish news I choose to read, if any. So, only reading the London editions I thought the CT saga would mostly pass me by, but it was in yesterday's Daily Mail.

Coburg Hearts

As I am currently residing outside of Scotland I can cherrypick which Scottish news I choose to read, if any. So, only reading the London editions I thought the CT saga would mostly pass me by, but it was in yesterday's Daily Mail.

Graham Spiers has an article in today's London Times, but I believe you have to subscribe to read it on-line.

Maybe he has just been suspended without pay until Romanov makes back the 5 grand he lost from the water sponsorship...

The Zemamma references really get on my tits - it has no relevance whatsoever to this. Zemamma's wife was 16 when they married from what I remember so why should she have made a fuss about it? It was the immigration rules changing that caused that furore. Anyway, even if she wasnt 16 he comes from a culture that allows marriage earlier than ours - does that really deserve the attention of the Scottish media? Aside from that, even though you might be able to marry younger in Islamic countries, if you were caught doing what CT did I dread to think what the punishment would be so its swings and roundabouts on the moral compass (Nice cliche mishmash there)

If you go down the route of imposing our moral values on people from other countries and backdate it you'll end up in a right mess. Take Spain for example - the age of consent there is 13. Would you propose we shouldnt employ any Spaniards in case they had their end away at an age you find distasteful?

hearts_crazy

Hear here. That bugs the tits off me too. If the suffix 'Gate' was to be put after every scandal (which it invariably is) then surely Watergate is actually Watergategate. In cringeworthiness it's on a par with any story about Jordan/Peter Andre/Alex Whatsisname.

As for Thompson, has anyone ever so spectacularly messed up their entire life? The breathtaking stupidity of his actions are truly World class. I mean it's not even as if he won't be recognised on the streets, or in a job interview for when he realises that Football will no longer be his profession because no club will touch him with a barge pole.

Alba gu Brath

Here's hoping...

With the Lennon thing over too, maybe football can take precedence again.

Colonel Kurtz

Think youve been on the Milkoplus my droog..Watergate was an office complex used as headquarters for a political party

Think youve been on the Milkoplus my droog..Watergate was an office complex used as headquarters for a political party

He's actually right. Watergate is a huge complex with offices, apartments and at the time of the scandal a hotel.

Archived