Trading Places

Gizmo

Right up there with the best comedies from the 80s along with Airplane! and This Is Spinal Tap imo.

It has everything - Eddie Murphy in his pomp, Dan Ackroyd being well Dan Ackroyd and Jamie Lee Curtis's tits, great setup and brilliant pay-off and also a giant ape, a Priest, a Cameroon exchange student, A Rastfarian and Helga from Sweden. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCERfa8LcS4

itsnomarooned

A top top film indeed ........ and not forgetting Denholm Elliot, a superb character actor.

"You was in the can last night, bragging on your limousine ............ YEAH"

Buffalo Bill

Probably Murphy's finest hour, with the possible exception of Coming to America.

The best bit for me though was the bus scene where Dan Ackroyd eats the fish out of his Santa beard.

Great film, great cast.

Of course there is something wrong with him...............He's a *****!

Carl Spackler

It's a magic film.

Like so many comedies though they simply don't get rated. This is in the IMDB top 5000. Not the top 1000 or 2000 even but the top 5000.

Disgraceful!

It's a magic film.

Like so many comedies though they simply don't get rated. This is in the IMDB top 5000. Not the top 1000 or 2000 even but the top 5000.

Disgraceful!

imdb "top" lists are generally poor attempts. there recent top 100 british films (thread was on here) was laughable.

trading places was hilarious. along with see no evil, hear no evil it`s my favourite american comedy film.

itsnomarooned

Great film, great cast.

Of course there is something wrong with him...............He's a *****!

?? - surely it's ok to write "*****" on here. The "unacceptable" N-word is used when Randolph and Mortimer are settleing the bet in the loos and wondering how/if to reverse the roles ............... (I think).

Hmm, apparently not. Right, I'm slightly astounded. Why on earth am I (and presumably speedbump) moderated for use of the perfectly normal word n-e-g-r-o ??? It's PC gone mad I tell ya.

itsnomarooned

Also contains the single greatest bit of swearing i've seen in a film. When Clarence Beeks tells the lady waiting at the phone box where to go. So simple!

Also, while watching I looked up an explanation of their deal which might interest folks.

http://www.dangerous...ing_places.html

Ah yes, forgot about that. Correct, definitely up there with all time funniest moments in a film.

Archived