Under 19s Training

Footballfirst

Footballfirst

I paid a visit to Riccarton this morning to watch the U19s training and to get some information for the HYDC website. Needless to say the TV cameras were outside looking for CT, but he wasn?t there today

I now have a list of the full time ground staff together with their squad numbers

41 Deividas Kapustas

42 Jason Holt

43 David Smith

44 Brad McKay

45 Chris Kane

46 Aaron Murdoch

47 Dale O?Hara

48 Jamie Walker

49 Kevin McHattie

50 Ryan Stewart

51 Chris Tobin

52 Fraser Mullen

53 Jack Hamilton (U18)

54 Billy King (U18)

55 Callum Paterson (U18)

56 Michael Thomson (U18)

57 George Scott (U18)

58 Dale Carrick (U18)

59 Ewan Saunderson (U17)

60 Marcus McMillan (U17)

U19 Injury update ? Jamie Walker will be continuing his rehab on his knee for another two weeks before resuming full training. Aaron Murdoch will be out until the New Year. He won?t start running for another 3 months.

There was an U19 Italian trialist playing this morning who came recommended by Stefano Salvatori. He didn?t look any better that the guys we already have.

Darren Murray was also looking after the other senior players who didn?t go to Italy, including Mark Ridgers, Colin Hamilton, Matty Park, Jonny Stewart, Danny Thomson, Jordan Morton, Rob Ogleby and Evaldas Razulis.

Others recovering from injury were Andy Driver, Denis Prychynenko and Gary Glen.

Andy Driver is an injury, recovering from football! Hope to see more of Denis this coming season :thumbsup:

Razulis is still here?

Heh, that was my first thought. Strange one that, how long is his contract or loan period?

Footballfirst

The U19 friendly against Newcastle Utd's academy side has been confirmed for Friday 29th July at 11am.

Two other friendlies have been organised that may be Hearts XIs

25th July away to Dunbar Utd @ 19:30

30th July away to Tynecastle FC @ 14:30

Colonel Kurtz

The U19 friendly against Newcastle Utd's academy side has been confirmed for Friday 29th July at 11am.

Two other friendlies have been organised that may be Hearts XIs

25th July away to Dunbar Utd @ 19:30

30th July away to Tynecastle FC @ 14:30

is the Tynecastle match at Ferniehill

Andy Driver is an injury, recovering from football! Hope to see more of Denis this coming season :thumbsup:

Much the same for Gary Glen as well.

jamboinglasgow

I paid a visit to Riccarton this morning to watch the U19s training and to get some information for the HYDC website. Needless to say the TV cameras were outside looking for CT, but he wasn?t there today

I now have a list of the full time ground staff together with their squad numbers

41 Deividas Kapustas

42 Jason Holt

43 David Smith

44 Brad McKay

45 Chris Kane

46 Aaron Murdoch

47 Dale O?Hara

48 Jamie Walker

49 Kevin McHattie

50 Ryan Stewart

51 Chris Tobin

52 Fraser Mullen

53 Jack Hamilton (U18)

54 Billy King (U18)

55 Callum Paterson (U18)

56 Michael Thomson (U18)

57 George Scott (U18)

58 Dale Carrick (U18)

59 Ewan Saunderson (U17)

60 Marcus McMillan (U17)

U19 Injury update ? Jamie Walker will be continuing his rehab on his knee for another two weeks before resuming full training. Aaron Murdoch will be out until the New Year. He won?t start running for another 3 months.

There was an U19 Italian trialist playing this morning who came recommended by Stefano Salvatori. He didn?t look any better that the guys we already have.

Darren Murray was also looking after the other senior players who didn?t go to Italy, including Mark Ridgers, Colin Hamilton, Matty Park, Jonny Stewart, Danny Thomson, Jordan Morton, Rob Ogleby and Evaldas Razulis.

Others recovering from injury were Andy Driver, Denis Prychynenko and Gary Glen.

Is George Scott a new signing?

Classic that is. An injury recovering from football.

Just classic.

Would have been my post of the week had it not been for the picture posted of the Manchester police dog eating a Rangers supporter. Will never be able to thank the poster enough for that one.

Footballfirst

Is George Scott a new signing?

Signed him after he was released by Rangers. From what I've seen of him he looks to be in the Scott Robinson mould........short, but strong and with a bit of pace.

is the Tynecastle match at Ferniehill

I would think so. Might go along and watch that as the 1st team are playing on the sunday.

Aaron Murdoch will be out until the New Year. He won?t start running for another 3 months.

Is this still the case? After his op the surgeon was very positive and he was expecting to be back in full training for the start of the season! Has he had a setback in the last couple of weeks?

Charlie-Brown

Is George Scott any relation of Colin Scott who played for us briefly back in the early/mid 80's?

Is George Scott any relation of Colin Scott who played for us briefly back in the early/mid 80's?

Don't think so - very good player though, was a surprise Rangers didn't retain him

jamboinglasgow

Signed him after he was released by Rangers. From what I've seen of him he looks to be in the Scott Robinson mould........short, but strong and with a bit of pace.

Is he a decent passer?

Will be interesting to see who our midfield 3 will be. Chris Kane surely being the holding midfielder (was very impressed with him in the games he played last season,) I think Jason Holt will feature more with the first team, so leaves 3 players for the remaining 2 places, Tobin, Thomson and Scott.

Charlie-Brown

Don't think so - very good player though, was a surprise Rangers didn't retain him

This George Scott front row (right) - looks similar height and build to Colin Scott who played in the same era as Bowman, Mackay & Robbo & who now plays in the Legends team.

0,,5~8896747,00.jpg

Is he a decent passer?

Will be interesting to see who our midfield 3 will be. Chris Kane surely being the holding midfielder (was very impressed with him in the games he played last season,) I think Jason Holt will feature more with the first team, so leaves 3 players for the remaining 2 places, Tobin, Thomson and Scott.

Very good passer, rarely wastes it and very difficult to knock off the ball - pitches in with a few goals too...

Footballfirst

Is this still the case? After his op the surgeon was very positive and he was expecting to be back in full training for the start of the season! Has he had a setback in the last couple of weeks?

I'm afraid so I spoke to him on Monday, no setback, just a long recovery and rehab required. He sounded pretty frustrated by it all..

Footballfirst

Is he a decent passer?

My guess for a starting lineup will be:

Hamilton

Mullen McKay McHattie O'Hara

Walker Tobin Kane Holt Smith

King

Subs: Carswell, Saunderson, Paterson, Thomson, Scott, Stewart, Carrick

Charlie-Brown

My guess for a starting lineup will be:

Hamilton

Mullen McKay McHattie O'Hara

Walker Tobin Kane Holt Smith

King

Subs: Carswell, Saunderson, Paterson, Thomson, Scott, Stewart, Carrick

Left Back? didn't he used to be an attacking midfielder / left-sided striker? In the younger age groups the front line was usually always right to left Walker, D.Smith, O'Hara with cameo appearances from younger players like Billy King, Dale Carrick & Sam(?)

Footballfirst

Left Back? didn't he used to be an attacking midfielder / left-sided striker? In the younger age groups the front line was usually always right to left Walker, D.Smith, O'Hara with cameo appearances from younger players like Billy King, Dale Carrick & Sam(?)

Dale O'Hara played at LB as much as he did at LM/F in his last year at U17s. I'm not sure where he played with Tynecastle FC on loan last season though. The absence of Aaron Murdoch at CB will force a re-org at the back. Darren Murray told me at the end of last season that he could play Kevin McHattie at CB if we didn't recruit another CB. Darren has a couple of other options in that Deividas Kapustas is a natural LB, and Michael Thomson also played a decent game for the U17s at LB at the end of the season. I think we may see a few options tried out in the friendly matches.

If Jason Holt ends up in the 1st team squad, then, I'd expect Callum Paterson to come in at RM/F with Jamie Walker moving inside one. I expect that we will play with more U19s this season reather than U18s as we did last season, That means that Scott, Thomson, Carrick may have to rely cameo appearances.

Charlie-Brown

Dale O'Hara played at LB as much as he did at LM/F in his last year at U17s. I'm not sure where he played with Tynecastle FC on loan last season though. The absence of Aaron Murdoch at CB will force a re-org at the back. Darren Murray told me at the end of last season that he could play Kevin McHattie at CB if we didn't recruit another CB. Darren has a couple of other options in that Deividas Kapustas is a natural LB, and Michael Thomson also played a decent game for the U17s at LB at the end of the season. I think we may see a few options tried out in the friendly matches.

If Jason Holt ends up in the 1st team squad, then, I'd expect Callum Paterson to come in at RM/F with Jamie Walker moving inside one. I expect that we will play with more U19s this season reather than U18s as we did last season, That means that Scott, Thomson, Carrick may have to rely cameo appearances.

Iam not 100% certain but I think on the photo's from the training camp in Italy Jason Holt was wearing kit with a 1st team squad number - it might even have been the number of the unspeakable one?

jamboinglasgow

Iam not 100% certain but I think on the photo's from the training camp in Italy Jason Holt was wearing kit with a 1st team squad number - it might even have been the number of the unspeakable one?

It is Gary Glen's number. I wouldn't look too much into that.

Charlie-Brown

It is Gary Glen's number. I wouldn't look too much into that.

maybe GG's got the other number then?

jamboinglasgow

maybe GG's got the other number then?

Conrad's got the number of he who should not be named.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

What's your view on sending players on loan to the likes of Tynie Hearts? Is it worthwhile?

Charlie-Brown

What's your view on sending players on loan to the likes of Tynie Hearts? Is it worthwhile?

Don't see what harm it does send 17 & 18 year old youth teamers to play with East of Scotland Senior and Junior teams, it's really only a small step down from sending them to play with the lower division SFL teams when they are a year or so older, once they get to about 20 then if they are not playing 1st team with us they need to be playing first team football at SFL Division One (or higher) like Smith, McGowan & Balatoni etc did last year.

41 Deividas Kapustas

42 Jason Holt

43 David Smith

44 Brad McKay

45 Chris Kane

46 Aaron Murdoch

47 Dale O?Hara

48 Jamie Walker

49 Kevin McHattie

50 Ryan Stewart

51 Chris Tobin

52 Fraser Mullen

53 Jack Hamilton (U18)

54 Billy King (U18)

55 Callum Paterson (U18)

56 Michael Thomson (U18)

57 George Scott (U18)

58 Dale Carrick (U18)

59 Ewan Saunderson (U17)

60 Marcus McMillan (U17)

Surely have to wait and see him in action first? Sometimes training means nothing. Alot of inferior players are in their comfort zone in training, look the part, but can be a different proposition in a competitive game. The guy may not look head and shoulders above in training but has the constitution to perform in a match when others struggle to.

Footballfirst

It's really Hobson's choice. They either go out to lower league, Junior or EoS sides or they just don't play. They still trained with Hearts on the days that they weren't training with their loan clubs, so it keeps them full time and in step with what Hearts are looking for.

Just remember that the guys who went out on loan from the U19s last season were only 16 or 17 when they were initially placed. I'm sure the a year in the Juniors will have helped the likes of Brad McKay who came in directly from Boys Club football, but was immediately loaned out to Penicuik. From what seemed to be a nervous start, he ended up with their player of the year award. Playing with adults, certainly helps prepare these guys for what is to come.

Charlie-Brown

It's really Hobson's choice. They either go out to lower league, Junior or EoS sides or they just don't play.

Just remember that the guys who went out on loan from the U19s last season were only 16 or 17 when they were initially placed. I'm sure the a year in the Juniors will have helped the likes of Brad McKay who came in directly from Boys Club football, but was immediately loaned out to Penicuik. From what seemed to be a nervous start, he ended up with their player of the year award. Playing with adults, certainly helps prepare these guys for what is to come.

It was apparently good enough for the likes of Willie Bauld, John Cumming & Davie McKay :whistling:

HomerJaySimpson

41 Deividas Kapustas

42 Jason Holt

43 David Smith

44 Brad McKay

45 Chris Kane

46 Aaron Murdoch

47 Dale O?Hara

48 Jamie Walker

49 Kevin McHattie

50 Ryan Stewart

51 Chris Tobin

52 Fraser Mullen

53 Jack Hamilton (U18)

54 Billy King (U18)

55 Callum Paterson (U18)

56 Michael Thomson (U18)

57 George Scott (U18)

58 Dale Carrick (U18)

59 Ewan Saunderson (U17)

60 Marcus McMillan (U17)

signing for Rangers, I believe :P

Footballfirst

Seriously - or just a pun because of his name?

I think the clue was in the smiley, although the suggested link got a bit boring after about the 50th time I heard it.

However, I do believe that Rangers DID make an enquiry about him a couple of years ago. They can't afford him now anyway. :rolleyes:

It's really Hobson's choice. They either go out to lower league, Junior or EoS sides or they just don't play. They still trained with Hearts on the days that they weren't training with their loan clubs, so it keeps them full time and in step with what Hearts are looking for.

I work with a lad, who is involved with the juniors scene, used to be a goalie. (confirnmed hibby)

he keeps me informed of the young lads he sees getting a run out in the junior ranks, last year he told me about jamie walker as one to keep my eye on for the future, long before i heard anything about him on the net. obviously, jamie has been unfortunate with his injury, but the reports i heard from the club and along with those who post on here about the u19s progress backed that up.

but this year he told me about brad mckay, the centre half we farmed out to penicuik, he said he looked physically a match for the fully grown men he was up agaisnt and he reckoned he's one that could be a future first teamer. and the player of the season award he got at penicuik tells you he had a good spell there.

Footballfirst

I seen a couple of refernces from East Fife supporters on other forums that Kevin McHattie could be joining them on loan.

I'd find that a bit surprising given that the U19s are a bit short of experienced defenders. Also if we lose LW, then Kevin may be required in an emergency.

jamboinglasgow

I seen a couple of refernces from East Fife supporters on other forums that Kevin McHattie could be joining them on loan.

I'd find that a bit surprising given that the U19s are a bit short of experienced defenders. Also if we lose LW, then Kevin may be required in an emergency.

That would be an interesting one if true. I would imagine that he has impressed JJ if he has been sent out on loan rather then play another year in the 19s, so that he could get a year of experence in senior football before challenging for the first team. As you say it would surprising. Though I remember reading that at the platinum season ticket holders management briefing, JJ said he would consider putting Jason Holt on loan if he is not ready for the first team. So it could be that JJ wants to get a few really promising players on loan earlier so as to be ready for the step-up. Wonder if any others might be sent on loan such as Jamie Walker or David Smith.

Archived