What is Your Moral Stance

Stuart Lyon

Stuart Lyon

If Hearts supporters are to get their heads round this then we need to know what CT means by this statement

"I am fully aware of the extreme pressure the club faced from individuals and organisations that were not in full possession of the facts surrounding my situation.

So let us know.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Hearts supporters are to get their heads round this then we need to know what CT means by this statement

"I am fully aware of the extreme pressure the club faced from individuals and organisations that were not in full possession of the facts surrounding my situation.

So let us know.

Yeah, that was one of the most baffling things currently on the website.

He pled guilty, and was convicted. For me, that is enough to warrant getting the sack.

lost in leith

So let us know.

Bizarre stuff. CT was sentenced in a court. I can't be arsed wading through the 40 page thread and media reports to check on the details, but the bottom line is that the prosecution case and his defence are a matter of public record. What is his argument here? I had a secret defence that I couldn't put to the court because it was blocked by aliens from the planet anti-Vlad :huh:

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

Bizarre stuff. CT was sentenced in a court. I can't be arsed wading through the 40 page thread and media reports to check on the details, but the bottom line is that the prosecution case and his defence are a matter of public record. What is his argument here? I had a secret defence that I couldn't put to the court because it was blocked by aliens from the planet anti-Vlad :huh:

Yes, it sounds very much like a Vlad-influenced response.

rossthejambo

There really isn't enough threads on this subject....I might go away and think of another reason to start a thread on this.

Oh and no I wouldn't walk away from my club.

There really isn't enough threads on this subject....I might go away and think of another reason to start a thread on this.

So why read it?

I never understand comments like this. You'd think the majority of threads on Kickback were truly original thought-pieces...

portobellojambo1

So let us know.

A wild guess, but my interpretation of the highlighted part is those are not the words of Craig Thomson, but a gentleman from Lithuania, who is descending into new depths of paranoia and/or lunacy.

There are no morals in football. I knew this long before CT unzipped his flies!

Tommo has multiple phalluses? Why isn't *this* the first item on the news? It may explain much about Vlad's opinion.

What the duck does that statement have to do with JJ walking?

Exactly...

Tommo has multiple phalluses? Why isn't *this* the first item on the news? It may explain much about Vlad's opinion.

I'm hoping and part thinking you may have a point.

I firmly believe some people in this country plead guilty when they are not as guilty as it may seem.

100% sure actually.

Simple question...

What possible scenario of facts yet to be revealed could possibly make what he did less appauling?

So let us know.

JJ won't walk Stuart - this is last job before he quits so he would immediately put himself out of the game if he did that.

davemclaren

JJ won't walk Stuart - this is last job before he quits so he would immediately put himself out of the game if he did that.

Are you suggesting this is the final piece in his pension jigsaw?

So why read it?

I never understand comments like this. You'd think the majority of threads on Kickback were truly original thought-pieces...

the thread title is rather misleading is it not? the OPs statement has nothing to do with JJ walking and is yet another thread about the pervert :verymad:

Buffalo Bill

"JJ threatening to walk" again?

Reminds me of last year's Big Brother.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

Everyone has a breaking point, Iain.

And 60 ain't old for a manager these days.

What happens if JJ refuses to play CT and is told to play him?

When he joined us he said he only wanted to work until he was 62. The last "walk" was when VR told him on the bus to Ibrox not to play Zal but he's still here.

davemclaren

Surely Jim's track record would suggest he would do as he was told.

davemclaren

When he joined us he said he only wanted to work until he was 62. The last "walk" was when VR told him on the bus to Ibrox not to play Zal but he's still here.

Correct, I agree.

I don't have a moral stance I'm afraid. I am a Jambo to the core of my being. Nothing would make me walk away. If we started slaughtering grannies at half-time I'd still be a Jambo.

I hope JJ thinks long and hard about what he's going to do. Everyone's initial reaction is to dump drug cheats and sex offenders but that offers them little or no hope for the future.

I would be very impressed (and JJ might be also) if Thomson announced that he was going to donate the equivalent of his fine to Womens Refuge over the next two years. That would demonstrate real contrition to me.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

Every 'worm' turns, Dave,

See Geoffrey Howe!

I don't have a moral stance I'm afraid. I am a Jambo to the core of my being. Nothing would make me walk away. If we started slaughtering grannies at half-time I'd still be a Jambo.

I hope JJ thinks long and hard about what he's going to do. Everyone's initial reaction is to dump drug cheats and sex offenders but that offers them little or no hope for the future.

I would be very impressed (and JJ might be also) if Thomson announced that he was going to donate the equivalent of his fine to Womens Refuge over the next two years. That would demonstrate real contrition to me.

hahahaha this post made me giggle....tube

Dave he did that before his arse hit the seat - with Jose Goncalves.

.......the bottom line is that the prosecution case and his defence are a matter of public record. What is his argument here?

Are they a matter of public record?

Remember, there was no trial.

Also would the age of some of those involved not mean that any mitigation, no matter how "strong" or "weak" it may have been, will have to be kept strictly confidential?

Surely this would mean neither Hearts, or CT, will be able to make it public, even if they want to?

Potentially this could go some (small) way to explain the Mad One's latest frustrated rant perhaps?

Yes, Ian, but now his credibility is at stake as he stated during the week that CT would never play for us again and that none of the other players wanted him back.

I think some kind of protest needs to be organised so that the fans, and I'm sure it's a vast majority, can show their utter contempt for the actions of the nutter who is VR.

.......he stated during the week that CT would never play for us again and that none of the other players wanted him back.

Did JJ actualy say this?

All I read (and I may well have just missed it) was a "report" of an anonymous source alleging that JJ said this?

davemclaren

Forgot about that one.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

How insular some have become !

Back in the good old days, football used to be about what happened on the pitch, this board has turned into a PC correct ego boosting wonkfest lately.

Can't wait to see some football myself, preferably by some chaps wearing the "famous Maroon"...

GIRFUY the lot of ye !!!

Back in the good old days, football used to be about what happened on the pitch, this board has turned into a PC correct ego boosting wonkfest lately.

Can't wait to see some football myself, preferably by some chaps wearing the "famous Maroon"...

GIRFUY the lot of ye !!!

I'm stunned.

GIRFUY the lot of ye !!!

Hope that's the booze talking mate. :unsure:

Cappuccino Kid

GIRFUY the lot of ye !!!

This with bells on.

I wanted CT sacked and I am disappointed the club did not feel likewise.

However, let's not get too "moral" about this....

........when some of our "fans" sing about being "up to our knees in Fenian blood" and other such "folk songs from the Repertoire of the HUN

........when one of our number assaulted the manager of a rival team in our stadium - and was roundly cheered for doing so at the time

........when fans threw bananas at Mark Walters

........when, in the 1970's many of our "fans" assaulted supporters of other clubs and terrified women and children in the streets around away grounds

Football fans get all "moral-sy" when it suits them. By the law of averages, around 200 of the fans at a Hearts home game are on the sex offenders register, over 1,000 have a criminal record, nearly 600 take class A drugs, over 2,000 have assaulted their wife or girlfriend and 400 claim benefirs while working.

A young Hearts player has committed a horrible act, no doubt. But he has been penalised by the courts, humiliated his family, alienated the clubs' supporters, ostrisized himself from his friends and probably will never realised the playing potential he has...........what would be achieved by boycotts, protests etc. When those fans numbered above grow wings and have halos above their heads, then they can moralise about all this. Until they have the wings and halos, they need to shut the f@@@ up and support their club - or bug'er off elsewhere on a Saturday afternoon.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Hope that's the booze talking mate. :unsure:

Obviously :thumbsup:

But... I did not comment on the super duper "Thommo" thread because I have always trusted the club to do the right thing and felt no need to comment on JKB/Media speculation.

There is something not quite right with this whole scenario, by that I mean, the club has supported the lad through the whole process. That was obvious to me from the start !

I trust JJ and Serg to keep the club honest.

If I'm wrong i will be as distraught as you mate.

Keep the faith.

Obviously :thumbsup:

But... I did not comment on the super duper "Thommo" thread because I have always trusted the club to do the right thing and felt no need to comment on JKB/Media speculation.

There is something not quite right with this whole scenario, by that I mean, the club has supported the lad through the whole process. That was obvious to me from the start !

I trust JJ and Serg to keep the club honest.

If I'm wrong i will be as distraught as you mate.

Keep the faith.

I admire your confidence but don't share it mate. :thumbsup:

Yeah, that was one of the most baffling things currently on the website.

He pled guilty, and was convicted. For me, that is enough to warrant getting the sack.

Agree. i for one will not be back. Sad but true

GIRFUY the lot of ye !!!

[/quote

Trouble is lionheart what was once a game for the working class where you could be in the pub on a Saturday afternoon and at the last minute think I'm going to the game has turned into a business that not only wants and yearns to get as much as possible out of its supporters on a monetary level [football in general ] it needs your life story just to obtain a ticket for a game and where you were once concerned about team selection we are now more concerned about things that make not only make national headlines in the paper but they divide the support in a way that in my 35 years of being a jambo i have never known the like,like you i yearn for the "Good old days" but what was once a game for the fans has now become something were football is put on the back burner and where the press and the Internet can manipulate not only the headlines but turn fan against fan.

hahahaha this post made me giggle....tube

Sorry Derek. It was targetted at the higher IQ end of the market and was certainly not designed to make anyone giggle.

Think you might be in a minority of one here.

Sorry Derek. It was targetted at the higher IQ end of the market and was certainly not designed to make anyone giggle.

Think you might be in a minority of one here.

He probably is in the minority and the majority were more than likely mortified

I don't think my moral values are at the level of being prudish. However my experiences in life allow me to make some judgements. In the present case there is no doubt in my mind CT done something wrong. Quite often when dealing directly with these matters it is more easily seen the true damage emotionally that can be done to the victim(s). To flay the perpetrator eases us all emotionally but really does not help the already hurt.

I repeat my oft times stated opinion the fine imposed as punishment will be reasonably light to a young professional football player. Being employed thus will probably allow him, a registered sex offender leniency in movements by way of travel etc. that would not be available to the average male on SOR. I am very heavy on consequences for ones actions, and in this case I do not think they have been enough. I await with anticipation the upcoming revelation that CT suffers from some treatable disorder that prompted his actions, just like Tiger et al suddenly find they are treatable sex addicts. I honestly believe termination of contract would have been the best decision for both parties.

Guest Ultraviolet Catastrophe

However my experiences in life allow me to make some judgements.

No, it doesn't.

I don't think my moral values are at the level of being prudish. However my experiences in life allow me to make some judgements. In the present case there is no doubt in my mind CT done something wrong. Quite often when dealing directly with these matters it is more easily seen the true damage emotionally that can be done to the victim(s). To flay the perpetrator eases us all emotionally but really does not help the already hurt.

I repeat my oft times stated opinion the fine imposed as punishment will be reasonably light to a young professional football player. Being employed thus will probably allow him, a registered sex offender leniency in movements by way of travel etc. that would not be available to the average male on SOR. I am very heavy on consequences for ones actions, and in this case I do not think they have been enough. I await with anticipation the upcoming revelation that CT suffers from some treatable disorder that prompted his actions, just like Tiger et al suddenly find they are treatable sex addicts. I honestly believe termination of contract would have been the best decision for both parties.

You might be onto something here Bob.

Perhaps the "mitigating circumstances" being referred to are medical.

Perhaps he has or had some psychological condition or it could be as a result of childhood traumas.

Either way, still can't see how we can back him.

As a guy who always wants to say some shit and be accounted for it, having read sir bob's post as always he says the best stuff.

So what i am saying is if young Hearts fans could take Bob Sharps posts and just keep reading them, then they won't go wrong

thumbsup.gif

scott herbertson

IThis has jsut reinforced my long held opinion that Romanov acts on the basis of a strong religious ethic (see his famous anti agents programme rant for the most blatant version)

In my opinion this is all about Orthodox Christianity and not about money

It's alien to me, but that is my interpretation - if I am right you will also see this in Black and Ogelby's cases

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Ah the good old days eh, where working class men got together in the Shed, pissed all over each other, battered some polis and welcomed peedos with open arms.

:muggy:

Ah the good old days eh, where working class men got together in the Shed, pissed all over each other, battered some polis and welcomed peedos with open arms.

:muggy:

:biggrin:

Archived