K?ri ?rnason

jamboinglasgow

jamboinglasgow

According to todays Daily Mail (which I only read as I am xenophobic :whistling: ), former Plymouth Argyle defender K?ri ?rnason has been invited by Hearts to go on trial in Italy.

Fat Striker

Only wikipedia I know, but a trial seems strange cosidering he appears to be tied up until next summer

"?rnason signed a two-year contract extension in January 2010, after a string of consistent performances, to keep him at the club until the summer of 2012"

Correction just saw this - it seems he had his contract ripped up over a wages issue

My link

Plymouth Argyle not in serious financial doo dah though? Seem to recall a story on SSN last season that they couldn't pay any of their staff.

Maybe a few of the players have been released at the end of the season?

plastic_bas

Only wikipedia I know, but a trial seems strange cosidering he appears to be tied up until next summer

"?rnason signed a two-year contract extension in January 2010, after a string of consistent performances, to keep him at the club until the summer of 2012"

Their financial problems (which I think are still ongoing?) probably mean they are giving their players more freedom when trying to find new clubs.

In terms of the player I hope he is 6ft 4 and eats hibees for breakfast.

Fat Striker

Plymouth Argyle not in serious financial doo dah though? Seem to recall a story on SSN last season that they couldn't pay any of their staff.

Maybe a few of the players have been released at the end of the season?

Yep I edited my post. He was released as they couldn't pay him.

Their financial problems (which I think are still ongoing?) probably mean they are giving their players more freedom when trying to find new clubs.

In terms of the player I hope he is 6ft 4 and eats hibees for breakfast.

According to The Sun he's 6ft 3 and can play centre mid or centre back

The Old Tolbooth

Plymouth are in dire straits financially and need help, I don't think they would be too difficult to deal with should anyone show an interest in one of their players.

who was the other finnish boy we had on trial last season. Kari something?

could be the next Steven Pressley: :thumbsup:

2972545.png

Meh.

He sounds like another Bouzid to me.

My thoughts exactly.

Underwhelmed.

Hearts have offered Iceland international Kari Arnason a trial after the midfielder's contract was terminated by Portsmouth. (Various)

Portsmouth? I think not, BBC!

Lazy journalism! :teehee:

The Old Tolbooth

who was the other finnish boy we had on trial last season. Kari something?

could be the next Steven Pressley: :thumbsup:

2972545.png

Life is a roller coaster, just gotta ride it :whistling:

post-504-0-85052300-1308905737_thumb.jpg

Midloth_Iain
A few good games, one stunning goal, many misplaced passes and a poor disciplinary record. Sums it up for me. I still don't know what his best position is - not sure he does either!

Meets all the HMFC credentials in this one quote ! :unsure:

HillmanHearts

An Icelandic player who's not sure if he's a midfeilder or a defender ?

That rings a bell somewhere !

JamboAberdeen
A few good games, one stunning goal, many misplaced passes and a poor disciplinary record. Sums it up for me. I still don't know what his best position is - not sure he does either!

Meets all the HMFC credentials in this one quote ! :unsure:

Thought the same.

Quite identical to Adrian or Eggert?

We ll, at least they haven't scored wonder goal anyway.

Dalstonjambo

Maybe he is superior - but given what we've all talked about the last few days I'd be concerned that

Jonsson

Barr

McGowan

Prychynenko

Mrowiec

and even potentially Balatoni

Can all fill these positions and are already on the wage bill?

However I'd love to be proved wrong

Special Agent Dale Cooper

No harm in giving him a trial. We probably only sign about 20% of the players we see on trial though.

Harry Palmer

We need cover there as we can't rely on Eggert to constantly fill in when other players are injured. Seems to be his role unfortunately.

He'll be having a few words with this guy.

Will wait on our Icelandic fan with great instinct to hopefully turn up and give us the necessary info. :thumbsup:

plastic_bas

Cracking goal.

Eggert only seems to score when he's playing centre half. Loves a good maraud forward that boy.

I still maintain he could turn into a very good SPL centre back given a couple of years alongside Webster. I hope he gets the chance to prove it.

StrikersInstinct

This player is NOT SPL quality. Very poor player, slow, no technique... One of the worst players to play for Iceland in recent years, hence not been picked for quite some while. Poorer than Eggy who I really thoughy was dysmal in the U21 Euros. Eggy has been slated very much for his performances there, some say he should never have been picked as he is just not good enough for the team. Should never have been played at right back.

Arnason is a clumsy, slow footballer. Headlines in Iceland today: Iceland or Hearts for Arnason. Shows how many clubs want him. Stay away Hearts.

Clerry Jambo

This player is NOT SPL quality. Very poor player, slow, no technique... One of the worst players to play for Iceland in recent years, hence not been picked for quite some while. Poorer than Eggy who I really thoughy was dysmal in the U21 Euros. Eggy has been slated very much for his performances there, some say he should never have been picked as he is just not good enough for the team. Should never have been played at right back.

Arnason is a clumsy, slow footballer. Headlines in Iceland today: Iceland or Hearts for Arnason. Shows how many clubs want him. Stay away Hearts.

Oh Dear

May aswell give him a trial to see what hes got. Although the fact that were taking him to Italy suggests JJ is keen

A number of the comments on the Plymouth thread implied that the clubs disasterous last 2 years have probably impacted him a lot and that he may well be a lot better at a new club (I'm going for the half full pint in case we sign him).

The thread says he was sacked by email for not signing a waiver to not get paid this month - The guy hasnt been paid for 7 months already - dont think I'd work very hard if I didnt get paid for 7 months. At least he wont complain if his wages are 2 days late though :thumbsup:

We do NOT want someone like this!

Unless we want to spend ?1million next season for poor discipline. The boy was given 12 cards last season at Plymouth - 2 of which were red.

Our only player to get 2 reds last season was Ruben, and now we've got shot of him!

The only player who managed 12 cards for us last season was Black... and he may never play again. So let's not replace these clumsy oafs with another!

tartofmidlothian

Argyle acting chairman Peter Ridsdale told The Herald: ?We have given him [Arnason] permission to go on a free transfer.

This might explain a lot about his situation.

Worth a look in training though, surely. See it was also reported Killie are going to sign Chris Clark from Plymouth?

Cut The Crap

So, reading between the lines, you are not a fan of Arnason? :teehee:

Johanes de Silentio

Thinkk JJ is looking for a Salvatori - he thought he had him in Mrowiec, but probs not.

Maybe he is superior - but given what we've all talked about the last few days I'd be concerned that

Jonsson

Barr

McGowan

Prychynenko

Mrowiec

and even potentially Balatoni

Can all fill these positions and are already on the wage bill?

However I'd love to be proved wrong

Jonsson was murder last season but im not writing him off, everyone can have a stinker and he proved he was decent in previous seasons. However, he has it to prve again.

Barr was well out the picture but was injured.

McGowan is a promising player but not quite proven yet but deserves more game time.

Denis...still to kick a ball for the first team and to prove if he`s good enough.

Mrowiec.....(big sigh)

The point is, we continually hear from some on jkb.... "(insert youth player) should be in the first team , why are we signing more players?".... WE NEED a balance, WE NEED more quality to help bring these lads through.

What do people want? a 4 man midfield of inexperienced young players thrown in the deepend week in week out? This isn`t a pop at you essex but your post sort of brought those thoughts back about other`s posts.

Im all for Holt, Denis etc...being added to the squad if the manager deems them good enough to contribute and they have it in them to progress. But to not add experience and a bit quality to go in with them would be suicide. At the moment i still think we are a proven player short in midfield.

The Old Tolbooth

That's good enough for me.

Dalstonjambo

Jonsson was murder last season but im not writing him off, everyone can have a stinker and he proved he was decent in previous seasons. However, he has it to prve again.

Barr was well out the picture but was injured.

McGowan is a promising player but not quite proven yet but deserves more game time.

Denis...still to kick a ball for the first team and to prove if he`s good enough.

Mrowiec.....(big sigh)

The point is, we continually hear from some on jkb.... "(insert youth player) should be in the first team , why are we signing more players?".... WE NEED a balance, WE NEED more quality to help bring these lads through.

What do people want? a 4 man midfield of inexperienced young players thrown in the deepend week in week out? This isn`t a pop at you essex but your post sort of brought those thoughts back about other`s posts.

Im all for Holt, Denis etc...being added to the squad if the manager deems them good enough to contribute and they have it in them to progress. But to not add experience and a bit quality to go in with them would be suicide. At the moment i still think we are a proven player short in midfield.

I understand what you are saying but what I mean is from what we have heard on here this guy is worse than jonsson, and if we have enough hopes for the guys I mentioned to be in the first team squad, we don't need to waste a wage on this guy? If this guy is only going to be a sub, we have enough of those, can't we use the wage elsewhere? Plymouth fans are saying he was on 4k a week, i don't want us spending that on another potential bouzid, or a sub.

Archived