Old Trafford Tour

Eric Shin

Can anyone tell me how to get there , can you get a train fairly close to the stadium or is it gonnae be a nightmare.

Got this as an xmas present ( not my team ) but have to take the laddie.

Cheers

fabienleclerq

Im pretty sure the train stops like 30 metres from the ground.

If not its one of the most visited stadiums in europe so id imagine it would be well conected. :thumbsup:

fabienleclerq

If not its one of the most visited stadiums in europe so id imagine it would be well conected. :thumbsup:

davemclaren

Only on match days. Best get a tram from Piccadily.

future is maroon

Can anyone tell me how to get there , can you get a train fairly close to the stadium or is it gonnae be a nightmare.

Got this as an xmas present ( not my team ) but have to take the laddie.

Cheers

From the city centre (assuming you are getting train to Piccadily station) then just make the short 5 minute walk to main bus station at Piccadily Gardens (can't miss it) and get the bus that goes to Trafford Centre as it goes straight past Old Trafford (stops right outside the stadium which obviously you can't miss)

Bus 250 is the bus you want and it runs all the time every 15 minutes and takes 20 - 30 mins mins to get there. http://www.traffordcentre.co.uk/media/Gettinghere/250.pdf

Failing that then a taxi from Piccadily Gardens to Old Trafford for about ?10 max. There is a taxi rank right outside the club shop so no dramas to get back to city centre although once you are there and got your bearings etc then be aswell just to get the aforementioned bus back.

Here is the link to the "How to get here" part of the Man Utd site http://www.manutd.com/en/Visit-Old-Trafford/Maps-And-Directions.aspx

PS - Man City also do Stadium Tours and it's closer to Piccadily Bus Station than Old Trafford if you want to do a tour of a proper stadium too.

Archived