We are all David Obua

i8hibsh

I did not come on JKB for a few months a short while ago, and this whole 'We are all David Obua' passed me by.

I see people have changed their usernames and a few JKB'ers on my facebook have even changed their names on it.

Could someone please explain it all to me.

Is it good fun or just rank patter?

jamboinglasgow

It was a bit of fun aimed at the "we are all Neil Lennon" which Celtic fans came out with after the match at Tynecastle.

I did not come on JKB for a few months a short while ago, and this whole 'We are all David Obua' passed me by.

I see people have changed their usernames and a few JKB'ers on my facebook have even changed their names on it.

Could someone please explain it all to me.

Is it good fun or just rank patter?

Bit of both mate!! The best fun usually is rank patter, na!?!?!

You know the Celtic "We are all Neil Lennon" bokeworthy nonsense. Was the JKB reply after TheBigO's ridiculous red-card (which by the way, I guess counted towards our ?100,100 fine).

I like TheBigO. Nae shit or patter. I like the big guy. Can't really see a space for him in our team any more, but I hope he does well in whatever he does next. He may yet do us a turn as well. Needs the fans off his back to allow him to though.

It was a bit of fun aimed at the "we are all Neil Lennon" which Celtic fans came out with after the match at Tynecastle.

Ah mange tout!

Surely we coulda picked someone better than Obua then, or perhaps that was the joke. :whistling:

The hatered had to stop haha.

Celtic claimed N*** L***** is the most hated man in Scottish football, true to an extent, David Obua is hated by supporters of the club that he plays for thus in our opinion making him the most hated man in scottish football, it was also a good way to get up the nasal cav ities of sellick fans.

As I am David Obua I can say that this campaing has relieved some iof the hatered rtowards me , we are all David Obua with the exceptions of N*** L***** and CT and a few others not worth mentioning.

mahgrassyshoes

It was funny at the time, but it's well past it's sell-by imo.

The Celtic version had more truth to it, given the majority of their support are ginger whingin' b*stards.

I thought it was more the victimization part.

Celtic fans were charged the previous week for racist abuse towards a black player (diouf ??)

They used, "we are all Neil Lennon" after his abuse.

we used "we are all David Obua" because of the racist abuse

The hatered had to stop haha.

Celtic claimed N*** L***** is the most hated man in Scottish football, true to an extent, David Obua is hated by supporters of the club that he plays for thus in our opinion making him the most hated man in scottish football, it was also a good way to get up the nasal cav ities of sellick fans.

As I am David Obua I can say that this campaing has relieved some iof the hatered rtowards me , we are all David Obua with the exceptions of N*** L***** and CT and a few others not worth mentioning.

I wouldn't say David is hated at all.

He has become somewhat of a figure of fun though.

scottish_chicP

I wouldn't say David is hated at all.

He has become somewhat of a figure of fun though.

I agree. A lot of people think he is a terrible footballer but I would be surprised if anyone really hated him!

mahgrassyshoes

I agree. A lot of people think he is a terrible footballer but I would be surprised if anyone really hated him!

I think the guy that sits in front of me may genuinely hate David Obua, judging by the vitriol he screams when his name is announced in teh starting line up and he takes the field. Don't get me started on the vein popping out his head when he makes a mistake!:teehee:

Cut The Crap

I think the guy that sits in front of me may genuinely hate David Obua, judging by the vitriol he screams when his name is announced in teh starting line up and he takes the field. Don't get me started on the vein popping out his head when he makes a mistake!:teehee:

I notice you didn't say "if". :thumbsup:

He was a victim of an outrageous refereeing decision against Celtic so it was a take on the Neil Lennon campaign.

We were all David Obua as was every other player and fan on a non-OF club who has had to the face disgusting and unfair refereeing when playing Celtic or Rangers.

Obua is also kind of funny with his "that's gangsta" chat and shooting his braaaaaaap guns at the smelly Hobos.

Yeah youre right, i guess I could have chosen my words better there. Everytime his name came up on the squad list before a game there was a collective sigh hahahhaha. I have no bad feelings towards the guy and I know that he has good football in him and Ill always remember his back post goal at fester road hahaha.

Neilson's Shank

Seemingly very popular with everyone in the squad, due to his laid back nature, wish he would lose that character trait when he crosses the white line,

Seemingly very popular with everyone in the squad, due to his laid back nature, wish he would lose that character trait when he crosses the white line,

But he's also popular becuase of his workrate. Forget the smile on his face - look at the ground he covers. And when he does lose the ball, he works his hole off to get it back. People are so fooled by appearance.

We seem to want every player to look like Paul shitting Dickov in this country. Snarling and snapping his way through games with a look on his face like someone just shat on his chicken tikka. Either that or the suave foreigner a la Pala who looked graceful but actually did feck all - not even work hard.

TheBigO, plays and lives with a smile on his face. Guid on him.

He truly isn't as bad as most think he is. The great pity in all of this though is that Jim and Billy like him as a player and would use him more but simply can't because of the flak he gets from his own fans. That, to me, is a shocking indictment on our support.

I have just come out of my gym where the Hearts players go (David Lloyd by the Gyle) and who did I see using the weights beside me?...

...David Obua!

Is the squad in Italy already? If so, is this a sign that he may be moving on? Unless not and I'm just being stupid.

Ray Winstone

Anyone who doesn't buy into the campaign is a racist.

True face.

I have just come out of my gym where the Hearts players go (David Lloyd by the Gyle) and who did I see using the weights beside me?...

...David Obua!

Is the squad in Italy already? If so, is this a sign that he may be moving on? Unless not and I'm just being stupid.

Don't think squad report back till tomorrow. Not sure when Italy is. I guess end of the week. Be interesting to see who goes, certainly.

rossthejambo

...David Obua!

Pre-season doesn't start until tomorrow, think they go to Italy at the weekend (could be wrong)

Amazing! I've just seen Lee Wallace and his girlfriend in Tesco at hermiston gait so I think im wrong about Obua...

I hope!

Amazing! I've just seen Lee Wallace and his girlfriend in Tesco at hermiston gait so I think im wrong about Obua...

I hope!

what a day you're having! My butcher looks a bit like a Moroccan Terry McDermott. That's pretty much been my highlight.

I know! What are the chances of going across the road to B&Q and seeing 2Ts?

I'm taking bets! 50/1!

I know! What are the chances of going across the road to B&Q and seeing 2Ts?

I'm taking bets! 50/1!

The gym, Tesco and B&Q. What kinda project you workin on? Heavy duty BBQ is my guess. In which case, did you invite TheBigO and Trig round for some bangers?

Come to think of it, TheBigO and Lee? You're lucky you've no been shot!

what a day you're having! My butcher looks a bit like a Moroccan Terry McDermott. That's pretty much been my highlight.

I LOL'd big style at this :)

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

never was funny. pish poor patter imo

Terrible post. You should be ashamed of that one - you've let yourself down badly.

Teetering over the ignore option, tbh.

...a bit disco

Would be good to see Obua played in position next season though.

That it would but could you tell me please...

What position would it happen to be?

Would be good to see Obua played in position next season though.

What position is that? Genuine question btw.

I seen David Obua in Sainsburys Gorgie last night and I thought to myself I AM THAT MAN... :lol:

dobmisterdobster

Don't think squad report back till tomorrow. Not sure when Italy is. I guess end of the week. Be interesting to see who goes, certainly.

I'm not sure either but my Dad who is based in Lyon will be there, so I will be able to get some news from him.

But he's also popular becuase of his workrate. Forget the smile on his face - look at the ground he covers. And when he does lose the ball, he works his hole off to get it back. People are so fooled by appearance.

This just isn't the case. He doesn't work hard for the team - one of his many failings as a player for us. One particular niggle is his lack of effort off the ball to get into positions where he can get the ball when we have it.

He truly isn't as bad as most think he is. The great pity in all of this though is that Jim and Billy like him as a player and would use him more but simply can't because of the flak he gets from his own fans. That' date=' to me, is a shocking indictment on our support.

[/quote']

You are saying that JJ - 30 years in management and the support of the vast majority of Hearts fans for all he does - won't play a player he rates because of the stick he gets from fans? Come on. Obua gets stick from the fans because he is awful. And surely he won't get many games this year given the new signings.

Archived