Microsoft Works Spreadsheet

Larry

Simple column adding formula =B1+B2+B3 what is the command to save me from having to type B4,B5,B6 everytime I enter new data? I thought in School it was (=B1+B2+B3....) but obviously not. That was 10+ years ago mind you :blink:

Also need to use the formula =2*(A1-B1)-2.5 And fill down. But I only want it to fill as far down as there is data. Don't know if that makes sense? At the moment I have 18rows of data, but by filling down rows 19+ are automatically filled in with (-2.5) because of the formula. How do I stop the fill down at 18? And also a quick way to restart the fill down If I add x amount of new rows of data.

Konrad von Carstein

For the first bit would it not be; =sum(bx:bxxx)

For the second part tryhovering over the bottom right of the cell containing the formula and when you see a black + left click on the mouse & drag it as far as you need - then repeat when you add more rows, put a $(dollar sign) in front of the 2

For the first bit would it not be; =sum(bx:bxxx)

For the second part tryhovering over the bottom right of the cell containing the formula and when you see a black + left click on the mouse & drag it as far as you need - then repeat when you add more rows, put a $(dollar sign) in front of the 2

Second part of that works perfect. Cheers. The first doesn't seem to work, It highlights the (bx:bxxx) part and says there is an error.

Second part of that works perfect. Cheers. The first doesn't seem to work, It highlights the (bx:bxxx) part and says there is an error.

Oops, it works! I actually put in x instead of a number :lol: Thanks for that

Archived