David Leslie dies in plane crash

blondejamtart

blondejamtart

David Leslie, Scottish racing driver, was one of those killed in the light plane crash down south yesterday. Sad loss to Scottish motorsport, and god knows, we've lost quite a few of the good guys recently.

rudi must stay
David Leslie, Scottish racing driver, was one of those killed in the light plane crash down south yesterday. Sad loss to Scottish motorsport, and god knows, we've lost quite a few of the good guys recently.

RIP sad day for all scottish sport

loveofthegame

Bad news this plane crash, altho admittedly ive never heard of David Leslie....

You wouldnt get me up in 1 of these small planes for all the tea in China, seems they are a lot less safe than their bigger brother, the Jumbo Jet

Dr. Bapswent

I got confused and thought you meant John Leslie

Was about to post some pics of party balloons.

Drew Busby !

You wouldnt get me up in 1 of these small planes for all the tea in China, seems they are a lot less safe than their bigger brother, the Jumbo Jet

Dunno about that mate...did you read the reaction of the bloke whose house it was that was hit ? Us blokes, what are we like eh ??? :laugh:

"Mrs Harman arrived at what was left of her home just after the crash and sobbed: 'Oh my God, oh my God, the house, not the house, a plane into my house...' . She was led away by a male relative.

Her husband said he would be completing his golf trip before returning home tomorrow."

From: http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23468906-details/Doomed+jet's+passengers+'panicked'+as+plane+plunged+toward+housing+estate/article.do

[Her husband said he would be completing his golf trip before returning home tomorrow/QUOTE]

BRILLIANT :) :) :)

Drew Busby !
[Her husband said he would be completing his golf trip before returning home tomorrow/QUOTE]

BRILLIANT :) :) :)

I doff my cap in his direction. An outstanding example to all blokes everywhere.

"House hit by a plane you say darling ? Don't sweat it dear, I've only got the one more round to play then I'll be home and sort it all out. Just give your sister a call and stay at her place tonight. Bye-ee !".

Move over John Smeaton, this is MY kind of man :D

CompleteIdiot

He was a touring car driver.

loveofthegame
Dunno about that mate...did you read the reaction of the bloke whose house it was that was hit ? Us blokes, what are we like eh ??? :laugh:

"Mrs Harman arrived at what was left of her home just after the crash and sobbed: 'Oh my God, oh my God, the house, not the house, a plane into my house...' . She was led away by a male relative.

Her husband said he would be completing his golf trip before returning home tomorrow."

From: http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23468906-details/Doomed+jet's+passengers+'panicked'+as+plane+plunged+toward+housing+estate/article.do

Whilst the death of the 5 on board is a tragedy it is hard not to raise a smirk at this comment!

I P Knightley

I doff my cap in his direction. An outstanding example to all blokes everywhere.

"House hit by a plane you say darling ? Don't sweat it dear, I've only got the one more round to play then I'll be home and sort it all out. Just give your sister a call and stay at her place tonight. Bye-ee !".

Move over John Smeaton, this is MY kind of man :D

The choice is:

1. Stay with your mates and sleep somewhere where there are 4 walls, windows and a roof or

2. Pay extra for an early trip back to a house that's a wreck and a hysterical wife.

I know which one I'd do.

(Yeah - 2. I'm so under the thumb!)

Drew Busby !
The choice is:

1. Stay with your mates and sleep somewhere where there are 4 walls, windows and a roof or

2. Pay extra for an early trip back to a house that's a wreck and a hysterical wife.

I know which one I'd do.

(Yeah - 2. I'm so under the thumb!)

He's probably thinking "Christ, that bloody woman ... give me a break ...always exaggerating things .. probably just a few roof tiles needing fixed..."

marshallschunkychicken

Spent a lot of time as a privateer if I recall correctly.

Never a huge success but won races in the double figures, and was well respected in the BTCC paddock.

Sad loss.

He was a very good racing driver in his day, one of the top names in touring cars in the nineties when I used to avidly follow the BTCC.

A sad day for the sport, RIP.

Miller Jambo 60
Spent a lot of time as a privateer if I recall correctly.

Never a huge success but won races in the double figures, and was well respected in the BTCC paddock.

Sad loss.

I was glued to the tv when the tragedy happened.

I hate flying , and again this proved to me why i hate it.

We were not born to fly and when it goes wrong it goes very wrong.

In 2005 i went to Gran Canaria with my familly.

I said to my wife if i fly ,you will sit your driving test , i flew , but the L plates are still there.

Conned again .:107years::107years::107years:

Archived