Well Done Moonwalkers.

H2

Hats off to all the moonwalkers who walked the streets of Edinburgh during last night to raise money for cancer. 26 miles, no sleep.

In particular well done to competitor number 7654.

scottish_chicP

I know quite a few people who done it too. Well done to everyone! :thumbsup: I think I'll do it next year!

Aye, well done for shutting roads I use to get home on.

Massive diversion at half three in the morning then getting gawped at while parking was great banter.

Good cause so well done though.

Not enough tidy birds though.

Couple of my pals went... Heard from one, other could still be walking..

Well done to them all tho..

My mum managed to do the half-walk which she's obviously delighted about & well done to her

Not so well done for waking me up @ 5 needing a shower & the fact the dog didn't get the usual morning walk & started barking at me early doors!

Am dying... bits of me ache that I never knew possible.... did lots of training, however, the 1st 7 miles were nearly all up hill. Scottish Chic start training now or try the 1/2 moon first... I go to the gym several times a week and still found the whole thing draining.... Perhaps working yesterday before it was not my best idea.... oh well was tucked up in bed by 8ish and some people were still walking bless them....hats off to all the volunteers and supporters too, their support and words of encouragement were inspirational xx

Aim to do the Dutch version next year... 4 moonwalks in 4 days (no hills tho')

Nothing beats the feeling of crossing that line or being thanked by a spectator at 23 miles that has been in remission for 10 years.

Am dying... bits of me ache that I never knew possible.... did lots of training, however, the 1st 7 miles were nearly all up hill. Scottish Chic start training now or try the 1/2 moon first... I go to the gym several times a week and still found the whole thing draining.... Perhaps working yesterday before it was not my best idea.... oh well was tucked up in bed by 8ish and some people were still walking bless them....hats off to all the volunteers and supporters too, their support and words of encouragement were inspirational xx

Aim to do the Dutch version next year... 4 moonwalks in 4 days (no hills tho')

Nothing beats the feeling of crossing that line or being thanked by a spectator at 23 miles that has been in remission for 10 years.

Well done.

Sat at lights one year waiting as all these women wandered by in bras, wigs etc. At the time a few years ago I had no idea what it was for - at first when it was a few I thought it was a massive hen night, then more and more and more.

Seems to raise plenty money so fair enough. I'm doing a sponsored cycle later this year for a cancer hospice - but I don't think I'll be doing it in a pink bra. :lol:

2011-06-12_015_thumb.jpg

Well done to all, a charity very close to my heart.

I done it 2 years ago, Edinburgh is the hardest route out of all Moonwalks and it was a struggle, the Mrs skooshed it but I struggled from Portobello to the finish.

Well done to all!

Prince Buaben

Well done to all that done it.

The route went past my house and on my to asda this morning there bits of feather boas lying on the street and this one lady walking about clearing them up.

I done it too, this was my first full moonwalk, did the half last year. I was really fast for the first 18 miles then something popped in my calf when I jumped off the pavement trying to overtake people so the last 8 miles were agony and only sheer stubbornness got me over the line. I think I learnt a lot about myself and the depth of strength I have but never proved before. Am very proud of the achievement.

Very emotional event for me, and as Gorgie girl said, seeing the lady with the sign thanking women like us for helping women like her almost tipped me over the edge.

However, I did lots and lots of training so not feeling too bad now ... think I'll wait a few weeks before signing up for next year tho

A few of my friends did it including two girls who at the ages of 27 and 31 have had chemo in the last year. It can't have been easy for them or anyone but a great charity and well done to all the walkers.

dodethejambo

Was Gorgiegirl the only kickbacker who took part?

I took part, not a walker but as a cycle volunteer which meant I had to go wherever extra marshals were needed which means I ended up cycling 40+miles, but that was not as difficult as doing the walk, so a big 'Well Done' to all the walkers.

Archived