Union Berlin friendly

MMHearts

Just had a look on the Berlin website and they seem to think the match is going ahead and are selling tickets for the game. Seems they have a couple of games before us and are only opening parts of the stadium for these however are opening the whole ground for our visit (courtesy of google translation). Prices between 11 and 26 euro.

MATCH PRE-SALE: POGON SZCZECIN NOW IN THE STADIUM AT THE OLD FORESTER

? Thursday 06/09/2011

The summer break for the professionals of the 1st FC Union Berlin on Monday, ended 6/13/2011 with the official start of training at the stadium at the old forester. By 15 clock to the audience present in addition to the familiar faces the first time the new arrivals at Union jersey. In addition, as of Monday tickets for home games against MKS Pogon Szczecin, FC Carl Zeiss Jena and Heart of Midlothian FC available. The game against Pogon Szczecin can the organization does not take place as planned in Strausberg and will now be played in the stadium at the old forester.

After the well-deserved vacation, the team of coach Uwe Neuhaus meets on 13 June 2011 Start of training in the stadium at the old forester. In the following days will focus on working on the fitness and stamina before the next Sunday is the start of a comprehensive six games fall test match series. Following the away game against SV Lichtenberg 47 (19.6.) Victoria Seelow (22.06.) And Germania Sch?neiche (25.06.) Followed by three home performances against FMD Pogon Szcezecin (28.06.), FC Carl Zeiss Jena (02.07.) And Heart of Midlothian FC (09.07.).

Ticket sales for the Test matches begin on Monday by 13 clock in the ticket office of the 1st FC Union Berlin (at the Wuhlheide 263). From 14, the clock test match tickets, as well as season tickets at the stadium at the old forester available. On the occasion of duels with Pogon Szczecin and Carl Zeiss Jena are the viewing areas in Sector 2 (the Woods) as well as sector 1 (grandstand) accessible. For the encounter against the Scottish first division side Heart of Midlothian FC is as usual the stadium opened.

Located in advance games with the corresponding prices in the overview:

SV Lichtenberg 47 (19/06/2011 | 14:00 clock, HOWOGE-Arena)

Grandstand seats ? 13.00, concessions ? 9.00

Admission ? 9.00, concessions ? 7.00

MKS n Pogo Szczecin (28/06/2011 | 19:00 clock)

Grandstand seats 16,00 ?, reduced ? 13.00

Children under 12 free

FC Carl Zeiss Jena (07.02.2011 | 15:00 clock)

Children under 12 free

Heart of Midlothian (09/07/2011 | 15:00 clock)

It shall be the official match Prices .

All prices include 1, - ? presale fee

Craig Herbertson

Nice if it was Dortmund... My son missed the only goal in The Rot Weiss Essen game last time.

The game is going ahead, last I heard. The club are hoping to have 2 games in Germany.

That's the best news I've heard all week!!

Flankengott

From 1. Union Berlin website this is what they say about their home ground

1st FC Union Berlin play their home games in The Old Forestry Stadium. The stadium is the biggest stadium in Berlin dedicated solely to football (wee swipe at Hertha there I think) and has room for 18,432 fans (15,414 standing and 3,018 seated). The stadium's name is derived from an old foresters house nearby, where the club's offices now stand. The stadium was opened on 7 August 1920 and has seen many alterations over the years. The most significant modernisations however might well have been the installation of floodlights in December 2000 and the complete renovation and roofing over of the terracing (built June 2008 to July 2009). There's also something special about the building works undertaken in the 2008/09 season:the club's fans renovated the stadium themselves. More than 2,300 volunteers worked 140,00 manhours and managed to save their club a few million Euros. That sort of commitment is unheard of and will stay so for some time.

On 8 July 2009 the stadium will be reopened with a game against city rivals Hertha BSC. The stadium will still be almost exclusively a standing stadium. In the era of multifunctional commercial arenas here in the the K?penick district we offer an alternative to the " Mainsteam Event". If you come to the stadium you'll feel it yourself.

Sounds like good place to go for a game.

Just had a look on the Berlin website and they seem to think the match is going ahead and are selling tickets for the game. Seems they have a couple of games before us and are only opening parts of the stadium for these however are opening the whole ground for our visit (courtesy of google translation). Prices between 11 and 26 euro.

MATCH PRE-SALE: POGON SZCZECIN NOW IN THE STADIUM AT THE OLD FORESTER

? Thursday 06/09/2011

The summer break for the professionals of the 1st FC Union Berlin on Monday, ended 6/13/2011 with the official start of training at the stadium at the old forester. By 15 clock to the audience present in addition to the familiar faces the first time the new arrivals at Union jersey. In addition, as of Monday tickets for home games against MKS Pogon Szczecin, FC Carl Zeiss Jena and Heart of Midlothian FC available. The game against Pogon Szczecin can the organization does not take place as planned in Strausberg and will now be played in the stadium at the old forester.

After the well-deserved vacation, the team of coach Uwe Neuhaus meets on 13 June 2011 Start of training in the stadium at the old forester. In the following days will focus on working on the fitness and stamina before the next Sunday is the start of a comprehensive six games fall test match series. Following the away game against SV Lichtenberg 47 (19.6.) Victoria Seelow (22.06.) And Germania Sch?neiche (25.06.) Followed by three home performances against FMD Pogon Szcezecin (28.06.), FC Carl Zeiss Jena (02.07.) And Heart of Midlothian FC (09.07.).

Ticket sales for the Test matches begin on Monday by 13 clock in the ticket office of the 1st FC Union Berlin (at the Wuhlheide 263). From 14, the clock test match tickets, as well as season tickets at the stadium at the old forester available. On the occasion of duels with Pogon Szczecin and Carl Zeiss Jena are the viewing areas in Sector 2 (the Woods) as well as sector 1 (grandstand) accessible. For the encounter against the Scottish first division side Heart of Midlothian FC is as usual the stadium opened.

Located in advance games with the corresponding prices in the overview:

SV Lichtenberg 47 (19/06/2011 | 14:00 clock, HOWOGE-Arena)

Grandstand seats ? 13.00, concessions ? 9.00

MKS n Pogo Szczecin (28/06/2011 | 19:00 clock)

Children under 12 free

FC Carl Zeiss Jena (07.02.2011 | 15:00 clock)

Children under 12 free

Heart of Midlothian (09/07/2011 | 15:00 clock)

It shall be the official match Prices .

All prices include 1, - ? presale fee

Is it true that the Krauts are re-building the wall to keep Joey out?????

Is it true that the Krauts are re-building the wall to keep Joey out?????

Who could blame them?

Craig Herbertson

wouldn,t fancy travelling from berlin to bavaria! :woot:

I can't imagine them doing that - although a flight from Berlin would get you somewhere near. Essen where they played the last German friendly is about 6 hours away from Berlin on a coach.

Really want this confirmed from the club, the prices of flights seem to be going up every day! Does anyone think emailing the club about this makes senses? if so does anyone have a email address to someone that might get back on this?

yabadabadoo1874again

Very good point...flight prices up by 40% in last week...would help if they could confirm either way for fans : )

yabadabadoo1874again

Very good point...flight prices up by 40% in last week...would help if they could confirm either way for fans : )

Anyone found cheapish flights to Berlin?? They don't seem to have many direct flights from the UK.

Anyone found cheapish flights to Berlin?? They don't seem to have many direct flights from the UK.

Ryanair from Edinburgh...?37.99 going on the Thursday

Mac_fae_Gillie

I got 10days off early July(7th to 19th) for europe/preseason now just wish Hearts would give the ITS ON signal.

last I heard was Italy training then back to UK,something about East Fife on the 5th.

all from JKB nothing on Hearts official news/match lists.

I'm tempted to book flights now but if we are playing in other cities a return journey could be easier from/to there so without Hearts confirming anything I gotta wait a while.

that said a couple nights on Hamburg and a long weekend in Berlin does look good right now,hate having nothing booked for summer,need something to look forward to and count days down to.5nights in Germany in July looking excellent.

VCOME ON HEARTS GIVE ME THE GO AHEAD.

Feck it, took the gamble the game is on and booked it today. For anyone interested i've attached some cheap flights options for people interested in going to the game. I did this ages ago and the prices were much lower but the one i've added is right up to date in terms of prices.

berlin trip.pdf

Ryan Gosling

Game's not going ahead, guys. just kidding lol

EDIT: actually thats not fair. :lol: I believe it is.

******* joking!!!!

oh well a weekend in berlin is no bad!

Drylaw Hearts

The game is going ahead, last I heard. The club are hoping to have 2 games in Germany.

:omg!:

Guest Ultraviolet Catastrophe

Brauhaus running a bus? :jjyay:

I'd genuinely consider it if the manager let us smuggle on some of Brauhaus' imported stuff

Brauhaus running a bus? :jjyay:

I'd genuinely consider it if the manager let us smuggle on some of Brauhaus' imported stuff

There is plenty of the good stuff in Berlin !

As for Dwayne - one of my mates actually just text me saying the game was off after your post! A MONTH DOWN THE HOLE FOR U!

Ryan Gosling

There is plenty of the good stuff in Berlin !

As for Dwayne - one of my mates actually just text me saying the game was off after your post! A MONTH DOWN THE HOLE FOR U!

:rofl:

Sorry.

Sorry.

right no fekin about is this likely to be or subject to change? I fancy it and may go but the poster aka the rock has got me worried. wis gonna book earlier then

read his wind up now ma fingers won't work

booked

hopefully it is actually on. anybody got any Berlin accommodation tips? never been

Hartleys_Jam_Tart

So , so , so want this to go ahead . Booked flights a few weeks ago and have sold my T ticket so if it doesn't I'm Donald Ducked .

So , so , so want this to go ahead . Booked flights a few weeks ago and have sold my T ticket so if it doesn't I'm Donald Ducked .

I'm suprised you swaped T in the Park for Hearts tbh.....:whistling:

It's Peter I feel gutted for... shelling out all that money...

I wouldn't say so. You'd have a few days in Berlin rather than spending a weekend in a big field with thousands and thousands of pished weegie neds. :thumbsup:

I wouldn't say so. You'd have a few days in Berlin rather than spending a weekend in a big field with thousands and thousands of pished weegie neds. :thumbsup:

It's not 100% off. I was told nothing was happening and UB had jumped the gun in announcing it, but Hearts should really just say one way or another if it's on.

boabyarsebiscuit

We are in Sektor 4 of the stadium. Tickets can be ordered via email - this is from the Union ticket office.

booked

hopefully it is actually on. anybody got any Berlin accommodation tips? never been

There are loads of cheap hotels on booking.com, the transport system in Berlin is brilliant so it's never a problem getting about.

There are loads of cheap hotels on booking.com, the transport system in Berlin is brilliant so it's never a problem getting about.

Just booked a hotel Hotel Augusta

map had it surrounded with other hotels and reviews on tripadvisor were largely good and stated was good area for restaurants, shops etc. ?179 for two nights for a twin room inc breakfast if anyones interested,

Looks like we are going game or no game :thumbsup:

Archived