vlad to turn up

maroonlegions

maroonlegions

By BARRY ANDERSON

VLADIMIR ROMANOV has told his players that major decisions are imminent at Tynecastle and the majority shareholder plans to attend all remaining Hearts fixtures this season in order to make them.

Romanov addressed the squad in Tynecastle's executive suite on Friday afternoon, stating that many of them have potential suitors waiting in the wings. He then took in Saturday's 1-0 victory over Dundee United and congratulated the team in the dressing-room before flying back to Lithuania.

He is expected to return for Saturday's visit to Rugby Park and all subsequent Hearts matches thereafter.:bravo: The club's search for a permanent manager remains ongoing and Romanov is also keen to determine which players have a long-term future in Edinburgh and who will depart during the summer.

"It's been a disappointing season but you are all good players and many of you are attracting interest from other clubs. This is the time of the season when important decisions are made," Romanov told the squad.

The Russian businessman also praised Hearts' coaching and management staff during the meeting.:eek: His spokesperson, Charlie Mann, said today: "Mr Romanov wanted to give a rallying call to the players because we're getting down to the business end of the season. He intends to be at all the matches through to the end of the season because his schedule should allow him to.

"Also, he doesn't want to be seen to be hiding when things like financial results and debt figures are being announced. He is facing up to the task.":eek:

Hearts revealed financial results on Friday showing record turnover of ?10.32million:p but the club's debt has also reached ?36.25m.:rolleyes:

Before Saturday, Romanov hadn't attended a Hearts match since last November when Aberdeen were defeated 4-1. He is likely to spend most weekends in Scotland watching the team through to the end of the season but will fly home to Lithuania in between.

Saturday's victory over Dundee United, brought about by Larry Kingston's first-half strike, maintains ambitions of a top-six finish.

Falkirk currently sit one point ahead of Stephen Frail's side in si

xth place but victory over Kilmarnock on Saturday followed by a draw or an Aberdeen victory when Falkirk travel to Pittodrie next Monday will promote Hearts into the top six for the SPL split.

"It's down to Falkirk but hopefully next week, if we can win against Kilmarnock, then Aberdeen can do us a favour,":p said captain Christophe Berra.

Meanwhile, Djurgarden have admitted defeat in their attempts to sign Saulius Mikoliunas. :)The Swedish club contacted Hearts over the availability of Mikoliunas and other players but, with the Scandinavian transfer window due to close this evening, time is running out.

"I don't think it will happen," said Bosse Andersson, sports director of Djurgarden, "We spoke with Hearts but maybe something can happen in the future."

? HEARTS reserves are due to face Kilmarnock at Forthbank Stadium in Stirling tomorrow. The match kicks off at 1pm.

The Old Tolbooth

How noble of Vlad to take an interest now, perhaps if he had shown more interest earlier in the season instead of a stupid dancing competition, then we might be doing a lot better than we are. (not trying to be deliberatly negative, just the way I feel)

On a positive side, I'm glad that Miko is staying now, he's coming onto a game these days and looking like his old self again. (queue the Miko bashers)

The tone of the article is positive including the bit about Miko.

It has to be good that Vlad is taking a belated interest again - although I hope this doesn't herald another bout of meddling in team affairs.

Cut The Crap

So the new manager (sic) will not have full autonomy over footballing matters then?

So the new manager (sic) will not have full autonomy over footballing matters then?

I would suspect that Shaggy will have to take responsibility for not winning the recent games by enough goals. VR's team did on the Playstation.

I wonder if the club will put up another 'for sale' notice of players available on the website?

How noble of Vlad to take an interest now, perhaps if he had shown more interest earlier in the season instead of a stupid dancing competition, then we might be doing a lot better than we are. (not trying to be deliberatly negative, just the way I feel)

On a positive side, I'm glad that Miko is staying now, he's coming onto a game these days and looking like his old self again. (queue the Miko bashers)

Well played John, both points saved me some typing.

Cut The Crap
I would suspect that Shaggy will have to take responsibility for not winning the recent games by enough goals. VR's team did on the Playstation.

I wonder if the club will put up another 'for sale' notice of players available on the website?

I'm just confused. Three weeks ago it was hinted that the Motherwell manager was covertly coordinating departures from Hearts back to Lithuania. Now it seems Vlad himself is here to see for himself who should be sold and who should not, driving a cart and horses through the pledges made implicitly in the January 1 statement and repeated explicitly to the Federation reps who went to Lithuania in February.

Most confusing of all, of course, is why John Boyle is allowing Mark McGhee to award new contracts to Motherwell players... :confused:

By BARRY ANDERSON

VLADIMIR ROMANOV has told his players that major decisions are imminent at Tynecastle and the majority shareholder plans to attend all remaining Hearts fixtures this season in order to make them.

Romanov addressed the squad in Tynecastle's executive suite on Friday afternoon, stating that many of them have potential suitors waiting in the wings. He then took in Saturday's 1-0 victory over Dundee United and congratulated the team in the dressing-room before flying back to Lithuania.

He is expected to return for Saturday's visit to Rugby Park and all subsequent Hearts matches thereafter.:bravo: The club's search for a permanent manager remains ongoing and Romanov is also keen to determine which players have a long-term future in Edinburgh and who will depart during the summer.

"It's been a disappointing season but you are all good players and many of you are attracting interest from other clubs. This is the time of the season when important decisions are made," Romanov told the squad.

The Russian businessman also praised Hearts' coaching and management staff during the meeting.:eek: His spokesperson, Charlie Mann, said today: "Mr Romanov wanted to give a rallying call to the players because we're getting down to the business end of the season. He intends to be at all the matches through to the end of the season because his schedule should allow him to.

"Also, he doesn't want to be seen to be hiding when things like financial results and debt figures are being announced. He is facing up to the task.":eek:

Hearts revealed financial results on Friday showing record turnover of ?10.32million:p but the club's debt has also reached ?36.25m.:rolleyes:

Before Saturday, Romanov hadn't attended a Hearts match since last November when Aberdeen were defeated 4-1. He is likely to spend most weekends in Scotland watching the team through to the end of the season but will fly home to Lithuania in between.

Saturday's victory over Dundee United, brought about by Larry Kingston's first-half strike, maintains ambitions of a top-six finish.

xth place but victory over Kilmarnock on Saturday followed by a draw or an Aberdeen victory when Falkirk travel to Pittodrie next Monday will promote Hearts into the top six for the SPL split.

"It's down to Falkirk but hopefully next week, if we can win against Kilmarnock, then Aberdeen can do us a favour,":p said captain Christophe Berra.

Meanwhile, Djurgarden have admitted defeat in their attempts to sign Saulius Mikoliunas. :)The Swedish club contacted Hearts over the availability of Mikoliunas and other players but, with the Scandinavian transfer window due to close this evening, time is running out.

"I don't think it will happen," said Bosse Andersson, sports director of Djurgarden, "We spoke with Hearts but maybe something can happen in the future."

? HEARTS reserves are due to face Kilmarnock at Forthbank Stadium in Stirling tomorrow. The match kicks off at 1pm.

What he is really saying is that 'your value is going up and I will be around to make sure you keep yourselves in the shop window till I sell you and stuff the money into my hip pocket' The rest of the ****e here will have to face the relegation battle next year till I get more seats in to con a few more thousand people into parting with their money.

Note to Charlie Mann.............the 'business end of the season' should start from the first game to the last! Is he suggesting nobody should pay good money until the end of march?

Guest JamboRobbo
Note to Charlie Mann.............the 'business end of the season' should start from the first game to the last! Is he suggesting nobody should pay good money until the end of march?

Indeed. If every Hearts fan took that sort of attitude, we'd be playing to empty stadiums most of the time.

Dr. Bapswent
What he is really saying is that 'your value is going up and I will be around to make sure you keep yourselves in the shop window till I sell you and stuff the money into my hip pocket' The rest of the ****e here will have to face the relegation battle next year till I get more seats in to con a few more thousand people into parting with their money.

If their value is going up, then surely they are playing better, and thats a good thing.

my thoughts as well. And when did trying to get into the top 6 every represent the business end for us?

Not bad...only taken him 3 years. His old self....care to expand?

Before you shoot me down...I did think he played well on Saturday but let's not get carried away here.:)

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Positive article but it's no coincidence Vlad returns when there are season tickets to shift.

Don't be fooled just yet.

Arthur Morgan
By BARRY ANDERSON

Before Saturday, Romanov hadn't attended a Hearts match since last November when ABERDEEN WERE DEFEATED 4-1. He is likely to spend most weekends in Scotland watching the team through to the end of the season but will fly home to Lithuania in between.

we beat aberdeen 4-0

Dr. Bapswent
Positive article but it's no coincidence Vlad returns when there are season tickets to shift.

Im not being fooled, I BELIEVE!

Dirk Diggler

Why would Vlad returning help or hinder season ticket sales?

Surely it's his actions and not whether he sits in the stand that will convince supporters to renew?

Surely it's his actions and not whether he sits in the stand that will convince supporters to renew?

Vlad turning up, giving positive interviews to the press and leaking a few transfer/manager stories here and there will convince people who aren't sure about renewing.

Why has been here once in the last year yet decides to turn up now?

He realises tickets have got to be shifted.

rudi must stay
we beat aberdeen 4-0

did you see a different game to everyone else? It was 4-1. Strangely positive article here, we should be worried imo

Dirk Diggler
Vlad turning up, giving positive interviews to the press and leaking a few transfer/manager stories here and there will convince people who aren't sure about renewing.

Why has been here once in the last year yet decides to turn up now?

He realises tickets have got to be shifted.

He could do all that from the comfort of an office in Kaunas though.

It makes no difference where he is.

Actions will speak louder than words.

If their value is going up, then surely they are playing better, and thats a good thing.

Then where were they at the start of the season then?????????

Its the product he is putting on the park which will sell season tickets. He is telling the current squad that there are other clubs interested in buying them, hard to believe! But then he has,nt got that good a record at bringing in any talent to replace them has he? or attract a top level manager to lead the team forward for that matter.

To some, seeing Vlad in the stand is a reassurance.

By attending he is showing an interest.

Showing an interest suggests he does actually give a damn.

Having someone at the helm who is seen to give a damn is a better selling point than having him hiding away in Lithuania polishing his dancing shoes on a Saturday afternoon.

Dirk Diggler

Having someone at the helm who is seen to give a damn is a better selling point than having him hiding away in Lithuania polishing his dancing shoes on a Saturday afternoon.

I can understand that.

What I cannot understand is why him sitting in the stand would possibly convince someone to part with ?300-500 on a season ticket and that was the point I was responding to.

FTR, I believe the reason he is here is more to do with the financial results being released.

(Charlie Mann in truth telling shocker;))

rudi must stay

all true, ofocourse some forget that he pays thousands to watch all the games from his home which shows a fair amount of interest too imo

Ryan Gosling

I also can't see how telling the players there is a lot of interest in them (suggesting some will be sold to better teams) will help shift tickets.

That is the point I was trying to get across but didn't put it very well.

Dirk Diggler
I also can't see how telling the players there is a lot of interest in them (suggesting some will be sold to better teams) will help shift tickets.

Quite.

Ryan Gosling

I think it's possible he's seen the club is a shambles and so he's coming over every weekend to make sure things are going smoothly.

I think it's possible he's seen the club is a shambles and so he's coming over every weekend to make sure things are going smoothly.

I would have thought that as well if I hadn't witnessed the steady decline in Hearts since Burley left.

He's had 3 years to come and change it, why would he start now?

Time will tell I suppose.

The Old Tolbooth
Not bad...only taken him 3 years. His old self....care to expand?

Before you shoot me down...I did think he played well on Saturday but let's not get carried away here.:)

To be honest Horse, I've never really been a fan of Miko's, but I feel that he gets a very raw deal from the west coast media, and Hearts fans alike.

The guys attitude of late has been exceptional, however I can see how fans would slate him in the past. Sometimes it's harder to forgive and forget, rather then give someone a break who starts showing a major improvement in attitude.

I even think that Iveskivicius looked half decent when he come on on Saturday, or have I taken that too far? :ninja:

I would have thought that as well if I hadn't witnessed the steady decline in Hearts since Burley left.

He's had 3 years to come and change it, why would he start now?

Time will tell I suppose.

There have been plenty on here who predicted a good news story when season tickets went on sale. So far the good news is that other clubs are interested in our players and Vlad has turned up, Hardly enough to inspire us to get the credit card out!

Maybe we should take a leaf out of Vlads book and watch this pish from the comfort of our own homes!

There have been plenty on here who predicted a good news story when season tickets went on sale. So far the good news is that other clubs are interested in our players and Vlad has turned up, Hardly enough to inspire us to get the credit card out!

Maybe we should take a leaf out of Vlads book and watch this pish from the comfort of our own homes!

No-one's stopping you.

Surely the fact that there has been no "good news" is a good thing then, given that it is all smoke and mirrors anyway, as you seem to think?

VR's credibility is low right now and in a way he is the boy who cried wolf, why should anyone believe anything that comes from him?

One thing that I do think though is that VR may just be realising what an erse of it he has made and will take steps to rectify it. Not saying that next season we are going to replicate 2005/06, but I fancy it will be better than the last two seasons.

To be honest Horse, I've never really been a fan of Miko's, but I feel that he gets a very raw deal from the west coast media, and Hearts fans alike.

The guys attitude of late has been exceptional, however I can see how fans would slate him in the past. Sometimes it's harder to forgive and forget, rather then give someone a break who starts showing a major improvement in attitude.

I even think that Iveskivicius looked half decent when he come on on Saturday, or have I taken that too far? :ninja:

I've always liked Miko but i previously felt that he should have left a long time ago, when he was a first pick regardless if he deserved it or not, for both his and the club's benefit

But since Shaggy has been put in solely in charge, his attitude and his performances have improved.

Archived