Tynie not fit for purpose.........

Clerry Jambo

Clerry Jambo

Your KB Express reporter can reveal that if we make the group stages of the Yooropa League, Tynecastle very unlikely to be used due to many non-compliance issues.

Radioactive Mince

Your KB Express reporter can reveal that if we make the group stages of the Yooropa League, Tynecastle very unlikely to be used due to many non-compliance issues.

That's fair enough. Tynie has proven not to have the capacity for Euro games against big teams.

It's a very tall order to reach those groups.

Read that in the Metro this morning.

We will be hard pressed to reach the group stages anyway.

The Treasurer

I thought the club had addressed the problems we had and had been given the go ahead to play at Tynecastle.

(not doubting what you say CJ)

Looks like another tick in the "for" column in the for and against moving argument.

Clerry Jambo

I thought the club had addressed the problems we had and had been given the go ahead to play at Tynecastle.

(not doubting what you say CJ)

Looks like another tick in the "for" column in the for and against moving argument.

It appears the rules get more strict the further you go in the competition.

David Southern mentions, pitch size, technical areas, physio and dressing rooms as the issues

Howdy Doody Jambo

New stadium it is then , but makes you wonder why so many other stadiums around Europe are deemed to be UEFA compliant , there are some real tihs holes out there

The Old Tolbooth

It appears the rules get more strict the further you go in the competition.

David Southern mentions, pitch size, technical areas, physio and dressing rooms as the issues

One thing I've always wondered about Clerry is the fact that a lot of Eastern European teams have stadia which fall well short of the facilities that Tynie has, yet somehow are allowed to compete in the tournament, how do they get away with it?

I'm not being cynical here (well perhaps I am a little bit) because I favour the move to a new stadium, however I seem to remember Robinson telling us something similar to suit his agenda at the time, although Romanov's agenda seems a damn site more plausable than Robinson's ever did to be fair as there was no plan B with Robinson.

Believe this was discussed yesterday on here (maybe where metro got its info), unfortunate that you need bigger facilities for the media, however if we head to the group stages I will be delighted no matter the venue.

Murrayfield always felt like we were making a short term gain, over a long term loss, when playing at Tynecastle would have increased our chances of progressing.

Craigieboy

We'll not make the group stages anyway.

However, the thought of ever having to use that shithole of a stadium is horrific. Shit ground. Definitely not for football.

oh ah grantona

is it still not the case once you decide you are playing at a stadium for that season you must stick to it. we go to muddyfield again its pointless even playing in comp souless stadium and we will be pumped every game tynie gives us a chance. This would just give us extra games for no reason very little cash would be made due to paying out for muddyfield. If this is the case stop messing around with questionaires and get a stand/ new stadium built.

Jambof3tornado

I would rather play our home games at tynie so would hope the club at least try for dispensation to play there but if we reach the group stages it would be more sensible to play elsewhere,but haven't I bought my season ticket which allows me to guarentee my seat for european matches?

New stadium it is then , but makes you wonder why so many other stadiums around Europe are deemed to be UEFA compliant , there are some real tihs holes out there

My thoughts exactly. No offence to the eastern Europeans but some of the conditions you hear about in their stadiums make you wonder how on earth Tynie could give them cause for concern.

I hope they do whatever it is that they need to do in order for us to play at home. We stand a chance there, Murrayfield is just not a good stadium for football or the size of crowd we'd be taking there.

It's all about the main stand, not the stadium. Main stand is old, small and lacks what is required. If that was sorted / demolished / rebuilt, Tynie would be fine.

jambovambo

Big thing in Herald today about it

Ok, medium thing.

With some stuff about Peter Houston

All right - it gets a mention

Possibly the fourth bullet point is an issue?

My link

Not read the whole list so maybe more

Perhaps also the fifth. I've been in the dressing rooms and I can't see how on earth the away one would seat 25. It looks like it would barely seat 11. :biggrin:

Must provide seating for at least 1,500 VIPs, 200 visiting team VIPs (er, taking the pee much there UEFA?)

There must be at least three TV studios within the stadium with dimensions of 5x5x2.3 metres; (hmmm...possibly tricky...)

Minimum of 150 VIP secured parking; (in Edinburgh?)

Buffalo Bill

I used the Tynecastle away dressing room and cold showers two years ago in a game v the Legends and it really did feel as though we were in the Jack Kane Centre.

rossthejambo

Weren't we told much the same last time we were in Europe?

Cut The Crap

Not really news is it? Chris Robinson told us this about eight years ago. Since when we've thrown a couple of mill of good money after bad in order to end up in exactly the same place stadium-wise as we were when Vlad took over. Ho hum.

Still, there's a reasonably functional 22,000 capacity venue in the east of city we could surely use?

bean counter

While I'd rather play all games at Tynecastle I would not be too unhappy playing the qualifying rounds at Tynecastle before moving to Murrayfield for the group stages

Not really news is it? Chris Robinson told us this about eight years ago. Since when we've thrown a couple of mill of good money after bad in order to end up in exactly the same place stadium-wise as we were when Vlad took over. Ho hum.

Still, there's a reasonably functional 22,000 capacity venue in the east of city we could surely use?

Which makes Craigieboy's statement earlier even more pertinent!!

However, the thought of ever having to use that shithole of a stadium is horrific. Shit ground. Definitely not for football.

super_vlad

Perhaps also the fifth. I've been in the dressing rooms and I can't see how on earth the away one would seat 25. It looks like it would barely seat 11. :biggrin:

Must provide seating for at least 1,500 VIPs, 200 visiting team VIPs (er, taking the pee much there UEFA?)

There must be at least three TV studios within the stadium with dimensions of 5x5x2.3 metres; (hmmm...possibly tricky...)

Minimum of 150 VIP secured parking; (in Edinburgh?)

Well at least the old firm are fecked as well then!

Tasavallan

Well that's Section N taken care of.

I thought the biggest issue was the width of the area between the touchline and the stands being too narrow. Clearly there is not 5m from the touchline to the substitutes benches.

super_vlad

In the EEN today, that hearts well ask for special dispensation if they make it to the group stages of the Europa league.

At least we are trying to play the games at tynie!

Dr. Bapswent

If we make the Group stages I wont be too fussed.

Jambof3tornado

In the EEN today, that hearts well ask for special dispensation if they make it to the group stages of the Europa league.

At least we are trying to play the games at tynie!

That's the way it should be. If we get to the group stages there could be some matches where Tynie would sell out so alternatives should be looked at,but where else other than Murrayfield would we go?

The Old Tolbooth

Robinson used it for his own sick agenda of lining his own pockets though, because at the time the strict guidelines that are in place nowadays were not in place back then, even although Robinson would have us believe that they were. All Robinson was interested in back then was getting his money back by flogging the crown jewels and killing the club, how the man still shows his face around Tynie is a mystery!

Things have progressed since then though and guidelines for grounds have become stricter and stricter, and our stand isn't getting any younger and needs demolished and rebuilt, or else a new stadium needs to be built to suffice, but make no bones about it, Tynie was perfectly Euro compliant when Robinson tried to con us all, I'm not entirely convinced that Vlad isn't using the same excuse however to get his own way re our stadium, but at least he appears to have put some thought into it and has went about things in a much more professional manner.

As for using Easter Road for our Euro matches, not a fekkin chance!!! :boak:

PsychocAndy

Robinson used it for his own sick agenda of lining his own pockets though, because at the time the strict guidelines that are in place nowadays were not in place back then, even although Robinson would have us believe that they were. All Robinson was interested in back then was getting his money back by flogging the crown jewels and killing the club, how the man still shows his face around Tynie is a mystery!

Things have progressed since then though and guidelines for grounds have become stricter and stricter, and our stand isn't getting any younger and needs demolished and rebuilt, or else a new stadium needs to be built to suffice, but make no bones about it, Tynie was perfectly Euro compliant when Robinson tried to con us all, I'm not entirely convinced that Vlad isn't using the same excuse however to get his own way re our stadium, but at least he appears to have put some thought into it and has went about things in a much more professional manner.

As for using Easter Road for our Euro matches, not a fekkin chance!!! :boak:

I would rather forfeit the home games than give them any of my money.

Vlad-Stupid

Using Beaster Road would be a no bad shout considering our amazing record of winning there :smuggy:

john brownlee

I've never had a problem of playing our Euro games at muddyfield, but what I would prefer is for Hearts to have a stadium fit enough for the Euro game regardless of what stage we reach.

we probably would have had a working stadium by now, if the cooncil hadn't put so many obstacles, the school,(solved) the nursery.(solved) the tram stop(stick it where the sun don't shine) and now the chemical problem, what will be next. Even if we do go for a new stadium they(cooncil) are already starting to make noises about the community and the environment. Nothing is going to happen until you get rid of jennybawes and that celticminded pri4k from granton.

peter_hmfc

I seriously don't get how Tynecastle isn't good enough for a group stage game while THIS was okay for a UEFA Cup semi-final:

luchtfoto.jpg

(AZ Alkmaars "Alkmaarderhout" hosted their UEFA Cup 2005 semi vs Sporting Lisbon.)

Agree with earlier sentiment regards some of the other stadia in europe that are deemed acceptable - zagreb being one of the (if not the best) best clubs in croatia but their stadium was a concrete rankhole as an example.

It must be ok to have a rankhole as long as dimensions are fine?! Doesn't exactly fit in cosily with Taylor Report impact on UK stadia.

Anyways, would be delighted to go to Murrayfield if it meant we'd qualified - the main problem I have is that the occasion is as nerve-racking to our side as it may be for the visitors (e.g. pitch dimensions, a home game feeling like an away tie, away sides being more used to larger stadia than us)

No point getting there just to make up the numbers which is what happened last time.

How i wish for the old uefa fomat again! :(

We could always use fester

Believe it or not that could be a great idea! Imagine we were the first ones to sell out the new ground and a bursting to capacity stadium surely would be better than a quarter full murrayfield! The downside is giving them money but it would be worth it IMO!

Clerry Jambo

One thing I've always wondered about Clerry is the fact that a lot of Eastern European teams have stadia which fall well short of the facilities that Tynie has, yet somehow are allowed to compete in the tournament, how do they get away with it?

I'm not being cynical here (well perhaps I am a little bit) because I favour the move to a new stadium, however I seem to remember Robinson telling us something similar to suit his agenda at the time, although Romanov's agenda seems a damn site more plausable than Robinson's ever did to be fair as there was no plan B with Robinson.

Agree John, when you see some of the ramshackle grounds in certain parts of Europe you do wonder.

This is not a pop at anyone in particular, but it is disappointing that we haven't managed to build the 1 remaining stand because it was just complete 1 heck of a stadium

The sooner we move to a stadium that matches our ambition the better. The title of the thread sums it up.

Maybe we should play our group games at Fester? :whistling: Someone needs to get that new cowshed filled at least once!

I am fairly certain that the fault for this lies with Hearts.

IIRC, there is a rule about stadia over 100 years old where you can apply for exemption. An exemption that Liverpool currently apply for and obtain annually.

winston churchill

Zagrebs ground was a shithole.It looked like it was going to fall down.

davemclaren

Zagrebs ground was a shithole.It looked like it was going to fall down.

Correct. Very unsafe, especially after 12 pints! :ninja:

Correct. Very unsafe, especially after 12 pints! :ninja:

Which was nowhere near enough to dull the pain of the performance then listen to that slavering erse Csaba telling the media "there is a new contract for me but I haven't signed it yet".

a safe pair of sells

We could always use fester

F#@k aye! We never lose there anyway and we could show the Hobos what Fester's like when it's full!!!!!!!!

Group stages have to be held in Category 4 stadia as below in bold:

VIII Stadiums and Match Organisation

Article 13

Stadium categories

13.01 Unless stipulated otherwise in these regulations, matches in the competition

must be played in a stadium which meets the structural criteria of the

following categories as defined in the UEFA Stadium Infrastructure

Regulations (2010 edition):

a ) category 2 for the first and second qualifying rounds;

b ) category 3 for the third qualifying round and play-offs;

c ) category 4 from the group stage to the semi-finals;

Exceptions to a structural criterion

13.02 The UEFA administration may grant an exception to a specific structural

criterion for the stadium category in question in cases of particular hardship

and upon reasoned request, for instance owing to the current national

legislation or if the fulfilment of all the required criteria would force a club to

play its home matches on the territory of another national association. An

exception can be granted for one or more matches in the competition or for

the whole duration of the competition. Such decisions are final.

The Category 4 regulations in full:

VI. Category 4 structural criteria

Section 1: Areas relating to players and officials

Article 71 - Field of play

The field of play must be:

a ) 105m long; and

b ) 68m wide.

Article 72 - Dressing rooms

The stadium must be equipped with a referees? dressing room measuring at least

20m2, with a minimum of two showers, one individual seated toilet, six seats and a

desk.

Article 73 - Floodlighting

1 For a broadcasted match, the stadium must be equipped with a floodlighting

system maintaining a minimum average illuminance of 1400 Ev(lx) towards fixed

camera positions (calculated according to Annex I). Lighting must uniformly

cover every area of the playing field, including the corners.

2 In order to ensure that the match can proceed in the event of a power failure, an

independent backup power supply able to provide 800 Ev(lx) must be available

(calculated according to Annex I).

Article 74 - Parking areas

A minimum of 150 VIP parking spaces must be available in a safe and secure area.

Section 2: Spectator-related areas

Article 75 - Stands and spectator facilities

Any standing accommodation as defined in Article 3(1) (i) is prohibited.

Article 76 - Public access and egress

The stadium must be equipped with modern electronic access controls and

mechanical counting systems delivering real-time data analysis and preventing the

use of counterfeit tickets and overcrowding.

Article 77 - Spectator capacity

The stadium must have a capacity of at least 8,000 seats.

Article 78 - Control room

The stadium must have a control room that provides a good overview of the inside

of the stadium and is equipped with communication facilities.

Article 79 - Closed-circuit television system

1 The stadium must be equipped, both inside and outside, with a permanent

closed-circuit television system.

2 The closed-circuit television system must have the inbuilt facility to take still

pictures and include colour monitors in the control room.

Article 80 - VIP seats and hospitality areas

1 The stadium must have at least 500 VIP seats, 100 of which must be reserved

for the visiting team.

2 There must be a single, exclusive hospitality area of at least 400m2 located as

close as possible to the VIP seats.

Section 3: Media-related areas

Article 81 - Media working area

1 The media working area must be at least 200m2, to accommodate a minimum of

75 media representatives.

2 Dedicated space must be provided for at least 25 photographers, if possible in a

separate, fully equipped working area.

Article 82 - Main camera platform

The main camera platform must be at least 10m2, to accommodate four cameras.

Article 83 - Press box

The press box for media representatives must have at least 100 covered seats, 50

of which must be equipped with desks.

Article 84 - TV and radio commentary positions

The stadium must have at least 25 TV and radio commentary positions.

Article 85 - TV studios

1 The stadium must be equipped with at least two TV studios 5m long x 5m wide x

2.3m high. At least one of them must be a presentation studio with a view of the

pitch.

2 Space for at least four flash interview positions (each measuring 2.5m long x

2,5m wide) must be available.

Article 86 - OB van area

The stadium must have an OB van area measuring at least 1,000m2.

Article 87 - Press conference room and mixed zone

1 Within the stadium, a press conference room must be available, equipped with a

desk, camera platform, podium, split box, sound system and chairs.

2 This room must have a minimum of 75 seats for the media representatives.

3 The mixed zone must be covered and have a capacity for at least 50 media

representatives.

a safe pair of sells

Group stages have to be held in Category 4 stadia as below in bold:

VIII Stadiums and Match Organisation

Article 13

Stadium categories

13.01 Unless stipulated otherwise in these regulations, matches in the competition

must be played in a stadium which meets the structural criteria of the

following categories as defined in the UEFA Stadium Infrastructure

Regulations (2010 edition):

a ) category 2 for the first and second qualifying rounds;

b ) category 3 for the third qualifying round and play-offs;

c ) category 4 from the group stage to the semi-finals;

Exceptions to a structural criterion

13.02 The UEFA administration may grant an exception to a specific structural

criterion for the stadium category in question in cases of particular hardship

and upon reasoned request, for instance owing to the current national

legislation or if the fulfilment of all the required criteria would force a club to

play its home matches on the territory of another national association. An

exception can be granted for one or more matches in the competition or for

the whole duration of the competition. Such decisions are final.

The Category 4 regulations in full:

VI. Category 4 structural criteria

Section 1: Areas relating to players and officials

Article 71 - Field of play

The field of play must be:

a ) 105m long; and

b ) 68m wide.

Article 72 - Dressing rooms

The stadium must be equipped with a referees? dressing room measuring at least

20m2, with a minimum of two showers, one individual seated toilet, six seats and a

desk.

Article 73 - Floodlighting

1 For a broadcasted match, the stadium must be equipped with a floodlighting

system maintaining a minimum average illuminance of 1400 Ev(lx) towards fixed

camera positions (calculated according to Annex I). Lighting must uniformly

cover every area of the playing field, including the corners.

2 In order to ensure that the match can proceed in the event of a power failure, an

independent backup power supply able to provide 800 Ev(lx) must be available

(calculated according to Annex I).

Article 74 - Parking areas

A minimum of 150 VIP parking spaces must be available in a safe and secure area.

Section 2: Spectator-related areas

Article 75 - Stands and spectator facilities

Any standing accommodation as defined in Article 3(1) (i) is prohibited.

Article 76 - Public access and egress

The stadium must be equipped with modern electronic access controls and

mechanical counting systems delivering real-time data analysis and preventing the

use of counterfeit tickets and overcrowding.

Article 77 - Spectator capacity

The stadium must have a capacity of at least 8,000 seats.

Article 78 - Control room

The stadium must have a control room that provides a good overview of the inside

of the stadium and is equipped with communication facilities.

Article 79 - Closed-circuit television system

1 The stadium must be equipped, both inside and outside, with a permanent

closed-circuit television system.

2 The closed-circuit television system must have the inbuilt facility to take still

pictures and include colour monitors in the control room.

Article 80 - VIP seats and hospitality areas

1 The stadium must have at least 500 VIP seats, 100 of which must be reserved

for the visiting team.

2 There must be a single, exclusive hospitality area of at least 400m2 located as

close as possible to the VIP seats.

Section 3: Media-related areas

Article 81 - Media working area

1 The media working area must be at least 200m2, to accommodate a minimum of

75 media representatives.

2 Dedicated space must be provided for at least 25 photographers, if possible in a

separate, fully equipped working area.

Article 82 - Main camera platform

The main camera platform must be at least 10m2, to accommodate four cameras.

Article 83 - Press box

The press box for media representatives must have at least 100 covered seats, 50

of which must be equipped with desks.

Article 84 - TV and radio commentary positions

The stadium must have at least 25 TV and radio commentary positions.

Article 85 - TV studios

1 The stadium must be equipped with at least two TV studios 5m long x 5m wide x

2.3m high. At least one of them must be a presentation studio with a view of the

pitch.

2 Space for at least four flash interview positions (each measuring 2.5m long x

2,5m wide) must be availableOK! WE GET IT!!!!!!

Article 86 - OB van area

The stadium must have an OB van area measuring at least 1,000m2.

Article 87 - Press conference room and mixed zone

1 Within the stadium, a press conference room must be available, equipped with a

desk, camera platform, podium, split box, sound system and chairs.

2 This room must have a minimum of 75 seats for the media representatives.

3 The mixed zone must be covered and have a capacity for at least 50 media

representatives.

I was thinking that it was Hearts that just wanted to make more money, thats

why we wanted to move to murrayfield for games.

I thought the alteration work to the dugouts and main stand prior to Zagreb was so we could play there.

Hearts home European games should always be held at Tynecastle, with no exceptions.

Archived