My money is as safe as houses

Sergio Garcia

Sergio Garcia

Was out last night and bumped into a few mates, one a Well season ticket holder and the other a St Midden fan. Chat got around to the new signings and they said glad we bumped into you got a bet you might be interested in, each put in ?20quid and whoever new player scores the most wins.

So im thinking my ?20 on John Sutton is safe as houses when up against Higdon at Motherwell and Thompson at St Mirren. Goals only count in domestic games for the full season.

Next May i should be a whooping ?40 richer I feel

Jamboelite

Was out last night and bumped into a few mates, one a Well season ticket holder and the other a St Midden fan. Chat got around to the new signings and they said glad we bumped into you got a bet you might be interested in, each put in ?20quid and whoever new player scores the most wins.

So im thinking my ?20 on John Sutton is safe as houses when up against Higdon at Motherwell and Thompson at St Mirren. Goals only count in domestic games for the full season.

easy money

durhamhearts

Like taking sweeties from a bairn easy money

Like taking sweeties from a bairn easy money

Both Higdon and Thomson will start every game if fit, will Sutton? :whistling:

Sergio Garcia

That was their theory, although I think Sutton will play enough to outscore them with ease

Should be easy money, but I'm not taking anything for granted.

He might well not bang in as many as people might think.

Please dint jinx Sutton before he has kicked a competitive ball for us!

Sergio Garcia

Please dint jinx Sutton before he has kicked a competitive ball for us!

I dont think my bet will really jinx him.

Not a great bet. Hearts have great competition for places and although sutton is a good signing I still see Elliott and Kyle as our first choices.

Toxteth O'Grady

Not a great bet. Hearts have great competition for places and although sutton is a good signing I still see Elliott and Kyle as our first choices.

Joking surely?

Sutton scored more goals at Tynecastle than Elliott last season

Joking surely?

Elliott did not play as a striker often enough. Just a theory at the moment but I think jj will revert to a traditional 4-4-2 and Elliott will be our top scorer next season.

Joking surely?

Willing to give Stephen Elliott the benefit of the doubt, his first season adjusting to a new way of football.

Toxteth O'Grady

Willing to give Stephen Elliott the benefit of the doubt, his first season adjusting to a new way of football.

Aye I wasn't at any of the away games when he scored so I've not seen the best of him and the Aberdeen home game when he scored was the only game at Tynie that I missed last season. Maybe I jinx him!

Snake Plissken

Higdon managed 18 goals in two seasons and about 8 of them came in his little purple patch in Feb/March last season.

Thompson has never been particularly prolific, about 60 or so league goals in his entire career, Sutton has 86 and is five years younger than Thompson.

If Sutton plays at least 30 matches next season, he'll probably outscore the pair of them.

You've effectively stolen ?40.

Sergio Garcia

Higdon managed 18 goals in two seasons and about 8 of them came in his little purple patch in Feb/March last season.

Thompson has never been particularly prolific, about 60 or so league goals in his entire career, Sutton has 86 and is five years younger than Thompson.

If Sutton plays at least 30 matches next season, he'll probably outscore the pair of them.

In my defence it was their idea, fools and their money

If he plays 30 games you will no doubt be right but there is a strong possibility he won't. Higdon and Thompson may well start every game.

Snake Plissken

If he plays 30 games you will no doubt be right but there is a strong possibility he won't. Higdon and Thompson may well start every game.

Yep, but the stats speak from themselves, if you look at the appearances and goals, there is no contest.

Thompson c.400 - 64 aged 32

Higdon c.210 - 43 aged 27

Sutton c.250 - 85 aged 27

Thompson has scored fewer goals with 150 more appearances, Higdon has managed just under half with a similar amount of games.

I doubt we'll see Kyle until around September/October and even if the big man is back, I think Jefferies will elect to rotate them so Sutton will get very close to 30 appearances by the season's end (he'll almost certainly come off the bench in most the games he doesn't start).

The OP's mates' only hope is he doesn't get the game time, but even then they're struggling.

Sergio Garcia

I think Thompson's age will catch up and injuries may bring his games played down a lot.

It all depends on KK's situation as well

I think Thompson's age will catch up and injuries may bring his games played down a lot.

It all depends on KK's situation as well

Best of luck with your bet mate. Hope sutton strolls it.

Sergio Garcia

Best of luck with your bet mate. Hope sutton strolls it.

Cheers bud, i think my constant crowing of our signing of Sutton when they told me he wouldnt leave Motherwell got to them hence the bet came about. The St Mirren fan is much the same with the Higdon situ I think hence his involvement

• 5 months later...
Sergio Garcia

Out tonight with all the guys involved in this story and my claim of non-runner fell on death ears.

As some said at the time, it was only there hope of JS lack of game time that was there hope, no one thought it would be so much lack of game time though

Thought that Thomson looked a far better player yesterday than when he was playing for Scotland and Rangers. Led the line very well for them and gave Webster/Zaliukas a hard game.

His effort which hit the bar was tremendous.

WTF are death ears :mellow:

:lol:

At least we now know it's feck all to do with Vlad meddling or Sergio not knowing what he's doing...............It's all down to Elvis Legent that Sutton doesn't get a game.......bogey barsteward :unsure:

You probably still have a chance. Unlike the dude who bet Kyle would score more than O'Connor. :laugh:

I'm sure the bet was Riordan and Elliot?

death ears.

it's a little known masonic curse. when you shake hands with someone and give them the 'knuckle thumb rub', you lean forward and whisper in their ear... "i hereby pronounce the curse of the death ears upon thee".

seriously. do it to someone tomorrow. you'll scare them shitless.

higdon got another goal today think your moneys down the drain as theres not much chance of sutton ever starting a game

Wish I was as confident.

Sutton doesn't even get into the 18 player squad on a match day right now. In our first 14 games we've scored only 13 goals.

Therefore I think Sergio needs to start playing a system that suits the players we have at our disposal.

If Sutton does eventually get a few starts then i'd like to think that he would out score both Higdon and Thompson. This is more down to game time though.

Sergio Garcia

Another one who'll be starting a thread to get Sutton in the team every week then. :rolleyes::lol:

At the very least the bench to get the last 5 minutes of games. :lol:

Wish I was as confident.

Sutton doesn't even get into the 18 player squad on a match day right now. In our first 14 games we've scored only 13 goals.

Therefore I think Sergio needs to start playing a system that suits the players we have at our disposal.

If Sutton does eventually get a few starts then i'd like to think that he would out score both Higdon and Thompson. This is more down to game time though.

Look at the date of the OP.thumbsup.gif

Archived