Town On A Friday Night

H.A.N.S

Not been up town on a Friday in ages. Mainly as it is rubbish. But a few of us are out this Friday. Where is busy and decent? By decent I mean women and cheap drink! :thumbsup:

Picture House

Liquid Rooms

Why Not

The Lane

The Hive

Liquid Rooms is the best IMO.

The Hive has cheap drink but it is a pit.

Guest Ultraviolet Catastrophe

Hughesie will argue differently but Hive is seriously terrible.

LR or Lane.

hughesie27

Hughesie will argue differently but Hive is seriously terrible.

LR or Lane.

Why do you say that?

Ray Winstone

Not been up town on a Friday in ages. Mainly as it is rubbish. But a few of us are out this Friday. Where is busy and decent? By decent I mean women and cheap drink! :thumbsup:

Needs it to be cheap due to some bad decisions on the GGs.....

Tommy Wiseau

FULL BANK LAY on wherever HANS goes being a good night out. :thumbsup:

Needs it to be cheap due to some bad decisions on the GGs.....

:thumbsup:

Sorry guys should've also mentioned from the hours of around 6pm til club time. Somewhere quite busy with music.

Sorry guys should've also mentioned from the hours of around 6pm til club time. Somewhere quite busy with music.

Henry J's

FULL BANK LAY on wherever HANS goes being a good night out. :thumbsup:

I'd say pop in for a pint C.F.A if you are about but you will probably be on here :P

Ray Winstone

:thumbsup:

Was in the Gillie Dhu last night.

Seemed quite night and should fit your purposes quite nicely.

Henry J's

Used to be great on a Friday with the b.o.g.o.f deals and the d.j but think it has died a death now. Not been in a while but, have you?

Tommy Wiseau

I'd say pop in for a pint C.F.A if you are about but you will probably be on here :P

:smuggy:

It appears I've been a member here for double the time you have, yet have much less than twice your posts. Interesting... :P

Seriously though, where are you heading later at night because that decides for me where you go beforehand?

:smuggy:

It appears I've been a member here for double the time you have, yet have much less than twice your posts. Interesting... :P

Seriously though, where are you heading later at night because that decides for me where you go beforehand?

Tricky one mate. Last few Saturdays I have been to Po Na Na and Y Not, good nights and really busy. Fridays can be very hit or miss but. Also some of the guys we are going with hate George Street. One guy suggested GHQ. Would prefer to avoid the Omni Centre. Edinburgh is terrible compared to Liverpool, where we were a few weeks back.

Used to be great on a Friday with the b.o.g.o.f deals and the d.j but think it has died a death now. Not been in a while but, have you?

I was there on friday and I can confidently say it's one of the best bars I've been to in Edinburgh

Full of poon and prices are fairly average but it always has a good atmosphere and is close to the likes of Berlin / Picture House.

Would highly recommend it.

Tommy Wiseau

Agreed on the Edinburgh is terrible chat - was in Liverpool for the National a few weeks ago and it was class for a night out. Edinburgh very much caters for a couple of certain types of people and everyone else has little or no choice of where to go.

If you're going to the East End/Playhouse area I would batter on to the Outhouse, Basement Bar, Treacle, somewhere like that. Even the Newsroom has ok prices if you know you're not staying all night and you can get a seat.

bajthejambo

Picture House

Liquid Rooms

Why Not

The Lane

The Hive

Liquid Rooms is the best IMO.

The Hive has cheap drink but it is a pit.

The rooms isn't as good as it was before the fire. They play awful music and the balcony and bar up the stairs aren't even open. Not to mention that they haven't reopened the beer garden yet.

Having spent nearly a year frequenting Glasgow for nights out, I have to admit that I wouldn't really want to go out in Edinburgh again :(

Vlad-Stupid

I mainly frequent George St but that's cos I'm a pretentious smug faced *****.

Hive is good for cheap booze and laughing at mutants. Zero flanny in there though and i mean zero. Whatever you do don't go to Siglo. Ever. Henry J's is a good shout though getting served can be a mare if it's busy

Archived