Oktoberfest

stevie HMFC

stevie HMFC

Planning on a short trip with my mates in Sept/oct (unless we make it to the group stages of the Europa league!) And someone suggested the Munich beer festival.

Has anyone ever been and would recommend it? We are planning 3 or 4 nights away on the bevvy, Prague has also been suggested, I quite fancy somewhere a little bit different rather than the usual tourist haunts but also at a reasonable price.

Cheers for any help

Jamboelite

Planning on a short trip with my mates in Sept/oct (unless we make it to the group stages of the Europa league!) And someone suggested the Munich beer festival.

Has anyone ever been and would recommend it? We are planning 3 or 4 nights away on the bevvy, Prague has also been suggested, I quite fancy somewhere a little bit different rather than the usual tourist haunts but also at a reasonable price.

Cheers for any help

If you havent booked already then you may struggle if im honest.

There are other festivals in Munich and the outskirts that are better and have more of a traditional feel than Oktoberfest as its become very very commercial and is fairly difficult to get in.

The site itself is huge though and its central in Munich only 3-4 stops on the U Bahn so if you chose to go and get enough tickets then you'll have a blast.

If I were you I would look at other places in Germany, Dusseldorf is ace as is Berlin and then there is also Hamburg :whistling: Im actually going to Cologne in Nov for my stag.

Germany is a top place if you want to get away with the lads highly recommended and I prefer it much more than Prague.

tommythejambo

We booked in Jan/Feb and we were unable to get any accomodation aside from camping, which was done last year and was class.

You might be able to still get that, PM me if you're interested and I'll give you details.

super_vlad

Cheers for any help

Munich is a brilliant city, but I would avoid it during Oktoberfest unless you have loads of cash to spend or are well connected with people so you can get into decent tents! Everything is thru the roof and filled with fat ***** from around the world getting pissed and staring at pretzel burds! Even going the week after Oktoberfest is much better and cheaper.

Would defo recommend hamburg as a great place for a boys weekend

We booked in Jan/Feb and we were unable to get any accomodation aside from camping, which was done last year and was class.

You might be able to still get that, PM me if you're interested and I'll give you details.

Why did you book then,its not until months later and it'll be considerably colder in January :whistling:

Pete Seeger

Go to the Canstatter beer festival in Stuttgart. It's an amazing couple of days. Also been away with the lads to Dussledorf, Munich and Cologne in the past couple of years and they were all really good. If your going in October take in Canstatter though, great experience.

Archived